How did you become incontinence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tundra1975 said:
I have a ruptured L5-S1 disc at the base of my spine that has caused my bladder and bowel incontinence. I will be diapered 24/7 for the rest of my life.
I go in Tue for a MRI that's the same disk I blew out. plus I have a defect below it one vertebra 6 years ago they tried to convince me surgery was my ticket but I refused. I just want to make sure I am not in danger of paralyses as it is the only way I would let them,

KitsuneFox said:
Long story short - I have a disease that is slowly degrading my nerves. Almost completely urinary incon now and slowly losing control of my bowls as well 😥
That wouldn't happen to be something horrible like MS would it?

chiaochai said:
maybe you should have a plan for you
I do.. I own a window company and make well of enough money to support my AB and my kids.

Reactions: Rezzu, furry121 and chiaochai
Diaperman95 said:
Bad interstitial cystitis and a congenital defect in my back has been the main culprit most my life. I have been IC since the early 90's and fulltime diapers or pullups since 95 per my avatar name. But I have some autoimmune stuff making it worse now plus a blown disk at L5 S1 one vertebra above my defect they found about 7 years ago. I won't let them fix because every one I know that had back fusion is worse than when they started. But I have a appointment for a MRI next week to get another evaluation. My leg has been numb for 7 years and now I am numb from my asshole to balls most days for the last 2years sometimes even in the shaft feels numb. The bowel started going south 2 years ago. I just want to make sure I am in no danger of becoming paraplegic. I doubt I will do a lot if its not threatening my spinal cord besides the pain and it can be rough but the bladder IC I dealt with my whole life and I already have had more surgeries than most people will have in 5 lives. Oh well that's life. If I could give it to one of these people that think it sounds like a good time would back pain and numbness too.
Hugs 😞🤗🤗🤗🤗 stay strong i honestly can not wait to get Neurology workup done been having trouble it scares me cause im 33 34 next year

Reactions: Diaperman95
WillyJoeBudd said:
Mine is still TBD, but there are a few possibilities. The most likely suspect is the medicine I was taking. I thought it was for the PTSD for the war, but it was for a misdiagnosis. The medicine badly effected my sexual health and I noticed loss of control, both bladder and bowels, gradually over time. My psychiatrist never really explained what they were specifically for and never said anything to counter what I thought they were for. Looking into it recently, corruption might be possible as pharmaceutical industry reps often come to the VA. Bribery? My internist (who I trust more) says that theory is likely. Other possibilities include the PTSD, narcissistic abuse that I sustained periodically after leaving the Army, TBI, all of the above, none of the above or any combination in between.
Hugs

Reactions: WillyJoeBudd
se7en said:
I refuse to believe in the theory of gods "plan" or the "this is all some kind of test"

No God makes people suffer for almost half of their life's and then die (e.g. My mom)

Or getting sexualy abused = me
-> why I started to wet the bed again from that day on. My former therapist with whom I talked about this mentioned that the result (bedwetting) is quite common. Soon it will be the 5th year.

Nevertheless I still believe in God (though I stopped going to church.)
I’ve always wanted to believe that god’s plan exists, so that there is some moral contribution i am giving to society. If God’s plan was to wipe out 4 million people from this planet from a recent virus, I want out of gods plan.

My ic goes back when I was 16, severe car crash caused spinal damage, leaving me incontinent and also restricting me from doing things like bending over and overturning my hips when I stretch.

Lily 🌸

Reactions: blaincorrous
My incontinence is the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old.

My incontinence is the result of an unexpected side effect of surgery when I was 14 years old.

Neurological issues due to Cerebral Palsy and Autism.
24/7 Bladder and Bowel incontinent.

furry121 said:
Hugs 😞🤗🤗🤗🤗 stay strong i honestly can not wait to get Neurology workup done been having trouble it scares me cause im 33 34 next year
Yes definitely to younge. Thank you for your concern. I am in the hospital again with this gastroparesis. They think ots a nerve to the stomach messed up. It is a horrible disease. I am 45 and it just gets worse year by year. I wish you the best with your nerve issues and figuring them out. Stay on top of it.

Medical mistake during epidural shots from L5 to S1
Pain clinic destroyed my S1 nerve cluster that has led to me being incontinent

Mine started over 6 years ago diagnosed as an OAB and enlarged bladder based on a second opinion

short version. defect in nervous system and being autistic might not help matters

Reactions: Elhon
Born that way (Nerve issues).

Bedwetter all my life except for 2 years. Doctor's haven't been able to figure out why, even though they tried various meds, and I've had MRI and ultrasounds.

I started having daytime issues about 2 years ago, which ultimately was discovered I have an oversized prostate which was causing urgency issues, followed by the inability to pee recently. I'm stuck with a catheter right now so my bladder can drain, but surgery is Tuesday, so we'll see what new and exciting issues happen after that.

TeddyUrsadorable said:
Bedwetter all my life except for 2 years. Doctor's haven't been able to figure out why, even though they tried various meds, and I've had MRI and ultrasounds.

I started having daytime issues about 2 years ago, which ultimately was discovered I have an oversized prostate which was causing urgency issues, followed by the inability to pee recently. I'm stuck with a catheter right now so my bladder can drain, but surgery is Tuesday, so we'll see what new and exciting issues happen after that.
omg teddy they still have the tub in you?
TeddyUrsadorable said:

I glad Tuesday is just around the corner.

Urodynamic test might tell you a bit more but I don't recommend that unless you just can't live with it. I did my first one at a learning hospital in front a crowd of student dr's and nurses. pretty embarrassing and the put tubes and wires in around all holes. Glad you are doing better I can't wait to hear how well it goes. BEST OF LUCK

B6FD4436-7DB3-44FE-9B51-23BD40F59B7E.jpeg
Here’s my L5 to S1 scar, I was surprised that the injection spots are still visible after three years. The lowest injection spot is where the pain clinic missed my disc and jabbed my S1 nerve several times causing severe pain that lead to urinary incontinence due to destroying my S1 nerve cluster

Last edited:
jasonm03 said:
View attachment 57548
Here’s my L5 to S1 scar, I was surprised that the injection spots are still visible after three years. The lowest injection spot is where the pain clinic missed my disc and jabbed my S1 nerve several times causing severe pain that lead to urinary incontinence due to destroying my S1 nerve cluster
I hope you own a piece of that hospital or clinic. I just did a MRI of the. same joint. They been trying to get me to take injections for about 8 years but I won't. The risk are to high and the best out come is 2 or 3 months of relief and many don't even get days. That and the ones they want to do on me have to be done under a fluoroscope in a surgery center and are around 8 grand a shot. I had a friend they missed and give him a migraine from hell that lasted 2 weeks. I started having numbness in groan area as well as sciatic a few years ago and that's when the bowel IC started. But I had the sciatic nerve for 8 or9 years and sometimes my toes on my right even go numb. f I just did a a scan to make sure I am not going to end up paralyzed if I let it go another 8 years. I know form 2015 I have a bulging disk at L5-S1

But stories like yours are the reason I have never let anyone cut me on the back. thanks for sharing

jasonm03 said:
View attachment 57548
Ouch :( that's why I always refuse epidural. If they miss god knows what might be damaged.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back