How do you guys make sense of the fact that real baby diapers don't match our fantasies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer plastic. While I have no conscious memory of it, being an 80s baby I know this was the style so my preference is probably some sub conscious regression.

I don't identify as AB but even as a predominant DL we're all kind of pulled back to an earlier time just because of society's dated view of wearing. I occasionally purchase print diapers and while I agree the bulk and material is night and day, I think the artistry and design is very in line with today.

Additionally, I think the adult diaper industry has their hands tied. There was a discussion a while back pertaining to pullups and a big reason there hasn't been any breakthrough is the trademarks and patents in place by Kimberly Clark etc.

Reactions: TyphaHare
To me baby nappies bore me. They are nothing like they used to be, not plastic, not plain, nothing like a nappy should be.

intfusmil said:
I think the adult diaper industry has their hands tied. There was a discussion a while back pertaining to pullups and a big reason there hasn't been any breakthrough is the trademarks and patents in place by Kimberly Clark etc.

Whaaaaaaat :0
I've been wondering why there are no ABDL pull-ups yet. Is this why?
I think I'll start a separate topic for this..

Reactions: intfusmil
The full-length side Velcro was those guys, so, yeah, them holding and defending that patent, is part of the problem. Also, the adult pull-on making machines haven't gotten good enough yet, to make anything beyond what we have. Casey's working on it!

Currently, only a few ABDLs on ADISC.org had worn cloth-backed diapers as a baby, that’s probably the reason why there are only a couple of cloth-backed ABDL diapers on the market around this time, also it has to do with patents that big baby diaper companies still own, and ABDL companies can’t easily make a exact baby diaper or training pant replica for ABDLs without getting into legal issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: intfusmil
I would also love a near replica baby nappies. Abu sdk used to be my favorite till they changed the shell and made them horrible. I now use cuddlz drydayz. But also wish abult nappies were wider.

I was born early 90s so prefer plastic but would also love a modern cloth replica too.

DanUt said:
I would also love a near replica baby nappies. Abu sdk used to be my favorite till they changed the shell and made them horrible. I now use cuddlz drydayz. But also wish abult nappies were wider.

I was born early 90s so prefer plastic but would also love a modern cloth replica too.
I find Rearz and Forsite to have the widest cut diapers, which is generally why I prefer them

IndividualCrab said:
To add to that, I work with children with special needs and there is a huge need for not pull ups but full on diapers for older children, youth, and teens...We are in an autism epidemic now. It seems like they could easily fill that niche too if they wanted to but they are choosing to stubbornly only focus on infants even when there aren’t any around.
Please don't use the term 'autism epidemic'. Autism Speaks said the same thing and wanted to do terrible things to the autism community.

That being said, you do make a good point about there needing to be larger pull ups. There's a bunch of conditions that would create demand for them.

• Love
Reactions: BabyBluePup, TyphaHare and SpAzpieSweeTot
Topex said:
I find Rearz and Forsite to have the widest cut diapers, which is generally why I prefer them
I tried rearz inspire 2 tape and it's a shame they also have a horrible ruff textured shell.

bigtoddler96 said:
Currently, only a few ABDLs on ADISC.org had worn cloth-backed diapers as a baby, that’s probably the reason why there are only a couple of cloth-backed ABDL diapers on the market around this time, also it has to do with patents that big baby diaper companies still own, and ABDL companies can’t easily make a exact baby diaper or training pant replica for ABDLs without getting into legal issues.

Hmmm... I did not wear cloth backed diapers as an actual aged based baby, rather they were cloth! The backing though was a set of plastic pants that kept the wetness inside.

But yet in my today self as being ABDL, I associate not so much with cloth diapers and plastic pants, but rather with disposable plastic backed diapers, which I very rarely wore when I was actually a life sized baby.

This seems to be a contradiction in what some may think as ABDL's relating back to what they wore when they were an aged based baby. If I was true to the diaper style I was raised in, then I would certainly be looking at cloth and plastic pants, that were bulky and not all that effective at containing leaks.

I look back to pictures of when I was a baby and a toddler and I see myself in this attire, but yet that is not the style or diaper that I look to today. Rather, I have a fondness for disposable and very crinkly and thick diapers. Especially ones that have a print that is babyish. Which certainly was not an option when I was in diapers as an infant.

So, perhaps what I would surmise from this is that it isn't as much as what we actually experienced as a baby, but rather what we perceive to be as identifying as a baby as to why we may prefer one type of diaper over another.

It certainly is an interesting discussion, but the bottom (no pun intended) line is that while as being DL or ABDL we enjoy the aspect of wearing diapers, we all have different likes and dislikes, just as anyone may have likes and dislikes in clothing or other attire.

In closing, I want to share a link that I found that is a modern review of baby diapers that I found very interesting. The review is coming from an adult perspective and not from that of the actual baby, adult or otherwise. Never-the-less, it is an informative discussion.

The Best Diapers for 2019

DanUt said:
I tried rearz inspire 2 tape and it's a shame they also have a horrible ruff textured shell.
How is the shell rough at all? It's so soft and smooth. There's physically no roughness to it

Topex said:
How is the shell rough at all? It's so soft and smooth. There's physically no roughness to it
We must of had different batches. The ones I had were not smooth.

Yeah i still beat myself up over missing out on the Rearz vintage diapers......think about it everyday

Reactions: TyphaHare
RetroGamerGuy said:
Yeah i still beat myself up over missing out on the Rearz vintage diapers......think about it everyday
Which ones? The Inspire Select? Although Rearz is out many other companies are still distributing them. I got them on sale from Daynite Care not too long back

To be honest I have nothing against baby diapers. In my country it's hard to find adult baby diapers, but I don't care. My favourite brand is Pampers and I still wear them to this day :)

IndividualCrab said:
I'm a female DL-been into diapers since I was about 10-been on forums like this on and off...Indulge in my fantasies on and off throughout my lifespan.

Anyway, I've been noticing lately when I look at real life baby diapers (pampers, huggies, etc.) that they don't match our fantasies at all actually...

They're thin, cloth backed, I mean they're pretty much almost like regular underwear at this point thanks to the technology. So what do others make of that? That the adu;t baby diapers most of us buy and fantasize about don't even match up with what real life babies today are wearing?

Just a thought....
I realized the same thing at a certain age.

HiddenPerson said:
To be honest I have nothing against baby diapers. In my country it's hard to find adult baby diapers, but I don't care. My favourite brand is Pampers and I still wear them to this day :)
Nice Avatar

Reactions: HiddenPerson
RetroGamerGuy said:

I saw those prints and nappies but didn't know they were by Rearz.. I really hope for more Pampers re-makes/parody products/replicas :( 87-98 Pampers had so awesome designs and are a big part of my nostalgia. I would be very fine with modern replicas, too, but copyrights are an issue..

IndividualCrab said:
They're thin, cloth backed, I mean they're pretty much almost like regular underwear at this point thanks to the technology

I don’t think this to be true.

I have a daughter, 2 years old, who is in nappies (full-time). She wears mostly supermarket own-brand nappies, such as ASDA’s Little Angels or ALDI’s Mamia. I don’t think they are “like regular underwear” whatsoever. The nappies aren’t thin, there is still a clear bulge of padding at the back and front of the nappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back