Will ABDL companies offer non-ABDL looking diaper patterns?

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I much prefer diapers marketed towards incontinent people that are plastic backed and have patterns. Think Tena slips, Abena m4’s, and classic Molicare’s. With fewer and fewer choices for incontinence diapers that have a pattern, do you think ABDL diaper companies will eventually come out with something like that? Although not an ABDL specific company, Northshore did come out with the Supreme Lite colors; which is a step in the right direction. I just love the look of lines and wetness indicators on a diaper with no ABDL theme. Anybody else?

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
Bambino diapers makes a non-printed all white version of their diaper; there's not even a wetness indicator. Honestly that's about as generic as you can get without going for the medical look.

Last edited:
I don’t mind all-white...I even keep Betterdrys on hand all the time. I doubt very much that all white plastic backed diapers are going anywhere. But, I’m really interested to know whether some ABDL companies will offer non-ABDL themed printed diapers; as this seems like a shrinking sub-category of plastic backed diapers. Abena M4s are still available; however the rumor is the Tena Slip Active Fits are being discontinued and the plastic backed Molicares now have woven sides.

Which abdl diaper company doesn’t offer a plain white diaper?

ABU has Simple and Simple Ultra, while Rearz carries Inspire+ Incontrol, both of which are basically all-white versions of ABDL diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyfur
Both of which I’ve tried and enjoyed...but they’re not patterned, which is what this thread is about.

ykdprdave said:

They all do. The theme of this thread was ABDL companies carrying printed non-ABDL diapers.

It seems we misunderstood you; what you're looking for isn't available in the US or Europe, but in Asia. I can't remember the name of the diaper, but it is a printed diaper marketed specifically for elderly people. Alibaba or Ali Express may be a good place to start looking as they might be able to point you in the right direction. If you can navigate Japanese text, you may also be able to find a diaper that meets your criteria.

Sorry misread your post

Agecomfort sells their city diaper or whatever it is, it’s technically not an abdl diaper and it’s printed

There is northshore. They are making their printed diapers not ABDL...

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
I normally wear the plain white version of the Crinklz diapers but when the Betterdry diapers were temporarily unavailable I bought the printed version as they work best for me (Side Sleeper). I am not a ABDL but I do like the cute prints on the Crinklz Aquanauts Diapers its a change of pace from the plain white diapers. I agree it would be nice to have a printed version thats more adult looking but Im ok with the current versions as they make my wife smile as she thinks they’re cute.

Reactions: LittleJayBird
Im trying to get nourthshore to come out with a all black or a camouflage diaper

Reactions: LittleJayBird
IN retrospect, it is surprising there ant already subtle print diapers. Classic medical/institutional diapers look degrading. Plain white was a revolution. With a lot of non ABDL diaper wearing going on a clever company with range of goodlooking diapers will make a killing. But if it is a stretch to even get them to do plain white. this could still be a while.

Most (all?) of the ABDL diaper makers go for an ABDL pattern on their first few runs. You've got to stand out against your competition, and all-white diapers don't really stand out on their own. Only after they've established a foothold do they go on to produce a plain version to try to capture more of their market, the ones that are either strictly DL and don't care for AB, or are IC and don't want AB -or- DL and just want the better performance. Rearz is the only retailer I can think of that has always made their all-white diapers a primary product alongside their printed designs. The other big names (ABU, Bambino, Tykables) all took years to start selling plain white versions of their printed diapers. But that's only because the medical diapers their prints are based on were all-white to begin with.

But if you're referring to actual patterned diapers, just without an ABDL theme, the selection is a lot more limited. They know that a good chunk of their regular customers are AB, and so an ABDL pattern will be a hit with a lot of them. Anything else is going to be attractive to a much smaller subset of their customers. "AB" is usually either a nursery theme, and/or a pastel soft character theme, which can be much more generally accepted as AB, while at the same time hitting that specific niche.

- QTTY Rawr is strictly a dinosaur theme, and it's not very popular because it's too specific. Compare that to Bambino Magnifico, which is ABDL dinosaurs, which has a much broader appeal. I suspect we'll be seeing Rawr on Amazon for the next few years, trying to sell off the rest of their only run.

- DC Amor's original pink diapers were strictly anime themed, (and like Rawr, not even DL themed!) and not well-received, until they switched to an ABDL kitten theme, and now they sell very well.

- FabSense City has never sold well, and will likely have the same fate as Rawr. Kiddo (owls? where did that come from?) did poorly until ABU bought them and placed them among the rest of their product line, where their single tapes and good performance picked up the slack that their specific artwork could not. I wonder how well their sales compare with BareBum, which was similarly acquired around the same time?

At this point though I wonder if the market might just be getting more relaxed about what they see on their diapers, creating more opportunities for less popular designs? Neva's Sea pattern is a good example of a generic non-ABDL design that seems to be off to a good start. And like Kiddo, if you can get yourself into a strong existing storefront, that certainly helps. (I think barnyard will do well as a result, relying on their velcro and high performance edge similar to what helps kiddo) Having good performance seems to be necessary for them though, to keep up the interest after the initial novelty wears off. (and that's why I see FabSense and QTTY failing)

I personally like what I refer to as "lightweight" patterns. Usually this means an all-white shell, with a mostly transparent print on the front panel. Bambino's Teddy and Bellissimo, along with Carousel, are my go-to examples. (Classico would fit in here too but it's a bit too heavily AB for my taste) Some printed shells can still have a somewhat lightweight look to them though as long as they keep the white background ( (like Crinklz, Safari, Little Paws) but they're getting pretty busy at that point, but their high quality helps to keep them on my list.

Do you know that some DLs also like printed diapers, not just ABs.

I've said for ages that more feminine designs could make younger women (e.g. those left incontinent after giving birth) more comfortable with wearing nappies. They've already done it for discreet pull-up underwear, but still waiting for the taped version...

ykdprdave said:
Tykables. They did at one point, but stopped producing those a few years ago for reasons unknown.

Do Rearz Rebel (both black and pink versions) count as a non-ABDLish printed diaper? Looks non-babyish to me.

Guys, he's talking about medical diaper printing, like the famous Abena lines, or the lines on Seni diapers.

Unfortunately OP I'm a fan of that as well and I'd love a diaper on part with the Rearz offerings with lines like that, but I have not found any that I am aware of.

Reactions: DprLuv85
ClickyKeys said:
Guys, he's talking about medical diaper printing, like the famous Abena lines, or the lines on Seni diapers.

Unfortunately OP I'm a fan of that as well and I'd love a diaper on part with the Rearz offerings with lines like that, but I have not found any that I am aware of.

Exactly. The Abenas are still available; they’re a quality diaper, however they do suffer from clumping up. You can also get the Tena Slip Active Fit in both Maxi and Ultima absorbencies...be prepared to pay a lot though if you’re in the states; they have to be shipped from overseas. I buy a case of them about every year because I love how they look and don’t mind paying the extra.

Back