Good waterproof cloth diapers?

srmousse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have a 45" waste and am looking for some day time cloth diapers. The kids made with pul so I don't need a separate cover. Ideally it would accept an insert for extra absorbency. Problem is, I'm not really sure where to start! Any suggestions or resources would be greatly appreciated!!

One thing to watchout for is that AIO's can leak at the leg openings as there's no
elastic to hold the pee in without wearing plastic pants.

Reactions: BusyBritches
I think I'm looking for All in one style. With leg elastic. Are those rearz? I prefer something cute, my wife would prefer something white or solid colored.

I have just started using terry cloth pull up diapers, double thickness and a cloth diaper booster. Trying to cut down on the cost of disposable diapers, when at home. So far working brilliantly, I leaks.

DanielW said:
the 2 printed ones are AIO's from Rearz (I got mine from Amazon) the plain white pull-on style is a leakmaster AIO (also from Amazon)

There are other options too, but I have used these.
Yes, I just ordered some AIOs from Amazon, along with some "real" birdseye flat cloth diapers for babies to be used as inserts.
I can't wait to try them. I have grown tired of using diaper pins to pin cloth diapers.

Let me know how it goes. I'm getting ready to order some myself. Had to pick up another pack of depends pull-ups today. This is getting old and losing some of its fun for me now :(

The best-performing cloth diapers, in my experience, are the good ol' fashioned pin-on sort with a pull-on cover over the top. That said, my sissy side recently made me buy a Dependeco AIO with a MLP FIM print, and I've had some fun with that also. It's too early for me to really judge its performance. I am happy to say that, so far, I've experienced none of the leg leakage that others have, although I've only been wearing for short stints during the day. We shall see!

Although I don't (yet) give AIOs and pocket diapers high marks for performance, I'd definitely go that route over prefolds + pins if I intended to go out and about in a cloth diaper. Even without doubling up or adding boosters or anything, I find that it's hard not to waddle in a prefold. Definitely great for at-home baby-time, though.

DanielW said:
All of my AIO's have leg elastics.
My Dependeco does as well. It doesn't have anything akin to standing leak-guards, though, but then most AIOs don't, from what I can tell.

Last edited:
I received my rearz safari aio as couple days ago! I like it a lot. I think I'd prefer a Velcro version and am thinking to order that next. It's a bummer having to wash it, but in the long run, I think it'll work out.

The ecoable diapers available on Amazon are pretty good, but are a pocket diaper and not an AIO. Pocket diapers have their advantages over AIO, as they take less time in laundry to get clean and dry, and you aren't destroying your waterproof layer with the amount of drying. And when the shell wears out, you can get a new shell cheaper than replacing an AIO.

Back