Baby diapers as stuffers, I’m becoming a fan 🤯

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know there are a few discussions here (in the past).... but I’ve tried a few size 6 Pamper Baby Dry diapers trimmed and used as a stuffer. I gotta admit I like the extra padding when dry, and when wet they have a unique squishy factor, likely due to the “stuff” they use to absorb, almost like beads... and for anyone who has seen a baby diaper explode knows that baby diapers are nothing like our diapers.

I haven’t bought a box or pack yet, but the whole ABDL thing seems like it would be enhanced if I were actually buying baby diapers and using them in conjunction with my adult diapers. Just being able to pull out a pampers diaper for myself seems somewhat enjoyable.

Is this odd behaviour??!!?? Anyone else use these for more than just getting more absorbency?

FFDB5B68-5143-46A8-BF2E-2C1816BDEF7E.jpeg

Reactions: WillFord384, Blekyss, JWolf and 1 other person
I do occasionally use real baby diapers as a stuffer and it does give me an extra thrill to know that I am using a real baby diaper.

I don't do this too often as I can't fit in a baby diaper and the adult diapers I use generally do not need any extra help so I don't bother buying baby diapers.

Not odd at all I actually read a guild a long time ago were this person was saying to use baby diapers as suffers that way instead of having to change the whole diaper you just take the baby diaper out and throw it away. I have not tried this my self but I would give it a try for sure.

I think baby diapers make the best stuffers available. Just a couple of cuts in the backsheet and ready to go. Cheap and the hell absorbent.

I made a post about this some time ago. My main point was how much they swell and can hold just as much as a regular booster, and have more per pack.Plus I do enjoy tearing them apart for my personal use 🤣

With a size 5 baby diaper, I can turn a Northshore Lite into something that bests a Northshore Supreme. I've been wearing these to work and can sometimes get through the whole day without a change. The extra work can be annoying, but if I do a dozen at a time, that's generally enough for a week. Cheap and effective.

depends4me said:
With a size 5 baby diaper, I can turn a Northshore Lite into something that bests a Northshore Supreme. I've been wearing these to work and can sometimes get through the whole day without a change. The extra work can be annoying, but if I do a dozen at a time, that's generally enough for a week. Cheap and effective.
Do you cut it so that it is a pass through booster or do you just leave as is?

I am interested in trying this what diaper do you recommend and size I would think size 6.

Last edited:
Where would the best position be for these to put in my diaper? Eg length ways, width ways, where?

Odd behavior absolutely not. I just wish i knew how to do what you guys are all talking abought i tried to make a tiny slit in my diapers and huggies but i kept moving the stuffing in my diaper. I wish i could understand how you guys use baby diapers but im not the most cordnat person nor smart to boot when it comes to modifying stuff like this. Could you please teach me this. Is what im trying to say is more details like an instruction manual very awsom topic

diaperfooties said:
Do you cut it so that it is a pass through booster or do you just leave as is?

There was a thread here a week or two ago where the poster said he physically tore out the leak guards and then used them as-is. My process is much more involved, but it's not that bad if you're doing a dozen at a time, say on Sunday night while watching TV. I originally chose size 5 at random, but they've been working well and fit snugly in a medium ATN (where the space between the leak guards is narrow), so have been reluctant to try anything else.

I first snip each end of the leak guard on one side with scissors, then quickly and conservatively cut the whole side off. I repeat for the other side, then also cut off the front and back. Then I trim the sides again, leaving at least 5mm on the edge of the padding. I've found there's some randomness to where the sides are sealed and you don't want to pierce the side so the gel crystals fall out. If this happens, I re-seal with a little masking tape. Then I get some carpet tape (about $5/roll at Wal-Mart) and put a thin strip across the front, back, and center. I used to buy boosters from Babies R Us and don't feel right without some tape. Finally I get a sharp hobby knife and put a bunch of little slits in the underside. Maybe I'll try just one long slit sometimes, but have been putting 9 short slits (18 total) between the tapes.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, diaperfooties and IRugrat
depends4me said:
There was a thread here a week or two ago where the poster said he physically tore out the leak guards and then used them as-is. My process is much more involved, but it's not that bad if you're doing a dozen at a time, say on Sunday night while watching TV. I originally chose size 5 at random, but they've been working well and fit snugly in a medium ATN (where the space between the leak guards is narrow), so have been reluctant to try anything else.

I first snip each end of the leak guard on one side with scissors, then quickly and conservatively cut the whole side off. I repeat for the other side, then also cut off the front and back. Then I trim the sides again, leaving at least 5mm on the edge of the padding. I've found there's some randomness to where the sides are sealed and you don't want to pierce the side so the gel crystals fall out. If this happens, I re-seal with a little masking tape. Then I get some carpet tape (about $5/roll at Wal-Mart) and put a thin strip across the front, back, and center. I used to buy boosters from Babies R Us and don't feel right without some tape. Finally I get a sharp hobby knife and put a bunch of little slits in the underside. Maybe I'll try just one long slit sometimes, but have been putting 9 short slits (18 total) between the tapes.
Thank you so much for the help i appreciate this so much thank you

depends4me said:

Thank you for the information very helpful.

Is there a certain brand of baby diaper that you like best or is that something for me to just try out?

One of the better options I have found as a Stuffer is DG (Dollar General) Sleep Pants (basically the Dollar General version of Goodnites)

They are pretty cheap, and absorb quite a bit, so they are an excellent value to me

I mean sure it doesnt quite push buttons the same way actual Baby diapers do, and I still sometimes use Size 6 baby diapers as stuffers, they just aren't quite as good as the DG Sleep Pants

As far as my process, I usually dont bother with tape to close off the front of the diaper where I open it to stuff the Baby Diaper or DG Sleep pants in

For me there is no need to cut into the outside of the Diaper you stuff the outer diaper with, so long as theres a bit of room for when the smaller diaper inevitably eventually gets saturated enough it cant hold anymore and leaks through

So long as you can insert it above the Fluff and SAP of the outer diaper

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
BabyTyrant said:
One of the better options I have found as a Stuffer is DG (Dollar General) Sleep Pants (basically the Dollar General version of Goodnites)

They are pretty cheap, and absorb quite a bit, so they are an excellent value to me

I mean sure it doesnt quite push buttons the same way actual Baby diapers do, and I still sometimes use Size 6 baby diapers as stuffers, they just aren't quite as good as the DG Sleep Pants

As far as my process, I usually dont bother with tape to close off the front of the diaper where I open it to stuff the Baby Diaper or DG Sleep pants in

For me there is no need to cut into the outside of the Diaper you stuff the outer diaper with, so long as theres a bit of room for when the smaller diaper inevitably eventually gets saturated enough it cant hold anymore and leaks through

So long as you can insert it above the Fluff and SAP of the outer diaper
So if I understand you there is no need to do anything with the baby diaper or the outer diaper just stick the baby diaper inside the outer diaper?

How do you keep the baby diaper from moving around in the adult diaper?

So I am giving it a try I have one in my diaper right now. Love the smell wish adult diapers smelt like that.
IMG_20190819_182834_compress12.jpg

Reactions: neophyte
All the time! I have tried dozens of different baby diapers on their own and as boosters over the 45 years. The old Luvs, I haven't tries the new ones yet, are the best, I rip off the leak guards and peal the outer cloth-like and plastic backings off and have a fluid permeable backed, high capacity booster that stays intact. Huggies overnights are my second best I tear off the leak guards, elastics, outer cloth-like and then slice the remaining plastic layer with a razor blade or scissors. SAP leaks are inevitable with all but the Luvs so you will have little gummie balls to clean up off your privates, (not too hard).

Reactions: diaperfooties
diaperfooties said:
So if I understand you there is no need to do anything with the baby diaper or the outer diaper just stick the baby diaper inside the outer diaper?

How do you keep the baby diaper from moving around in the adult diaper?

It might move around a bit, but if I get the placement right it tends to not move around any noticeable amount

By proper placement, I mean you want it above the majority of the padding of the Outer Diaper, that way when it eventually leaks its gonna leak to a nice amount of padding and not past the padding and possibly outside the outer diaper

As for if you need to do much to the inner diaper (whether it's a goodnite style diaper, Baby Diaper, or whatever) depends on sizing of the inner diaper and outer Diaper

You want there to be some room past the (Left and Right) edges of the inner diaper, otherwise it might be a good idea to cut into the backing of the inner diaper so it can bleed through the middle and out to the outer diaper (but again, above the majority of the outer Diapers Padding)

It can be rather rewarding once you figure it out and get it done right, also depending on the size of the outer diaper you might wanna go with a lower size inner diaper than a size 6, but for me with Size Large Diapers, even the DG Sleep pants size L/XL are not too large as to need very much modification

About the only modifications I do to the inner diaper is to cut off the Tabs as they are unnecessary and it's easier to slide it inside the outer diaper with no tabs, this is especially true with the Baby Diapers as those tabs can try to grab onto the outer diaper, making it harder to slide it into the outer diaper

Reactions: WillFord384
diaperfooties said:
Is there a certain brand of baby diaper that you like best or is that something for me to just try out?

Just like the size 5/6 question, I originally bought Wal-Mart's store brand and just stuck with it. 27 diapers for $4.72 (?) seems like a good price. I'm much more DL than AB so am happy with something that works.

I use them my self as there cheap to buy and stay diapered longer. There aslo handy to use with cheap store bought diapers. Sometimes i use two in my diaper and when the first one is wet i just pull it out as if it was a piece of toliet roll lol

I do this whenever I wear a generic "cheapie" adult diaper. I use Pampers size five or six, cut off the wings, then position as best I can near the front of the adult diaper. These things absorb a huge amount and there is something special for me about knowing that I am wearing official Pampers. I enjoy the heavy feeling when wet as well.

Reactions: WillFord384 and neophyte
Back