What's your fursona's species?

OK, let's see if this is over the line: The internet Dominatrix who gave me the name Cherubiel discovered I had "lactation envy" and that led to us roleplaying "Cowplay". She would (in cyberspace) put a plug with a tail on it in me and I would become a large dairy cow! So my fursona would either be a "Hucow" (the bovine equivalent of a "ponygirl") or a female Minotaur.

Attachments

• die_neue_milka.png
    die_neue_milka.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cottontail and Josephine
I just had a weird thought... If someone didnt identify as human, could they consider their fursona to be human?

UnderTheRadar said:
I just had a weird thought... If someone didnt identify as human, could they consider their fursona to be human?
No?!?!!

Mine's a skunk.

It's not necessarily because of the whole stinky thing, moreso that I love how they look. They're unique!

Reactions: Cottontail and mistykitty
UnderTheRadar said:
Well, yeah, it’s possible. Years ago we had a member who insisted he was not human, and was from outer space. It was all over his profile, he constantly talked about being trapped in a human body… No joke. Obviously in all things there are extremes that raise questions of mental health, and IIRC that person was in a residential psychiatric facility at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnderTheRadar and GhostlyBunny
I have way too many sonas! My primary one for a while was a black kitten but more recently, I've swapped between hybrid species and my current pfp, a bunny OC I have.

Reactions: mistykitty and Cottontail
Mines always been a little white "scruffy" Maltese dog. The only thing that may not be breed accurate is that his tail is short/medium, and sticks up. My families Maltese dog has a CURLY tail. So, that's a difference that may make my sona not entirely breed accurate.

Reactions: Cottontail and GhostlyBunny
binkyybunnyy said:
Mine is a bunny!! I think I’ve been a bunny for at least a year straight now, before I used to be a cat lol

My fursona is a plain white bunny with black hair and cute white wings! She’s a simple design, but I love her a lot!!! I’ll have to make a reference sheet of her lol

Attachments

• 71583225169__22245C55-4DC4-477A-9EA9-8FD8B8143916.jpeg
    71583225169__22245C55-4DC4-477A-9EA9-8FD8B8143916.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6492.jpeg
    IMG_6492.jpeg
    887.7 KB · Views: 2
Seashore123 said:
Mine's a skunk.

It's not necessarily because of the whole stinky thing, moreso that I love how they look. They're unique!
That's probably the greatest thing about a fursona that it can be something that's unique to you . Also, fun fact skunks are actually really important animals it's just that this is overshadowed sometimes by the other part.

Reactions: Seashore123 and Cottontail
dont mind me just the only snow cat in the room, 9 tailed snow leopard

Attachments

• nom anthro ref.png
    nom anthro ref.png
    618.4 KB · Views: 4
LittleNomster said:
dont mind me just the only snow cat in the room, 9 tailed snow leopard
Cute, and bonus points for hex. Is the tail count related to lives remaining? :)

My fursona is a lion. I made his design when I was 15 or such. This is maybe because I heard the Lion King audio casette many many times as a kid. 🤔

Okay, I don't know if this is a "furry" thing or if I just really want to be a fish, but I enjoy the idea of being a salmon. Like, just a straight up realistic salmon. I could also entertain the idea of being a different sea fish, maybe a striped sea bass... but yeah. Idk if this is just an idea I'm having right now or what, but like, c'mon, being a fish sounds really cool. Salmon especially are awesome.

@Kenopsia I've several times come across the question, "What animal ability would you take if you could have it?" Surely the most popular answer is wings, but my mind always jumps to gills. Swimming is a lot like flying anyway, even more so if you don't have to come up for air.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rainbow
Kenopsia said:
Okay, I don't know if this is a "furry" thing or if I just really want to be a fish, but I enjoy the idea of being a salmon. Like, just a straight up realistic salmon. I could also entertain the idea of being a different sea fish, maybe a striped sea bass... but yeah. Idk if this is just an idea I'm having right now or what, but like, c'mon, being a fish sounds really cool. Salmon especially are awesome.
I'd say it definitely qualifies as furry-ish the animal doesn't have to have fur you just need to have an affinity with it.

Reactions: Rainbow
I have a few half animal/half human characters i call Tatsuri's. do they count?(they can transform into the animal they share similarities with)

Ohwhy10 said:
I have a few half animal/half human characters i call Tatsuri's. do they count?(they can transform into the animal they share similarities with)
Definitely. A lot of furries draw inspiration from anime and Japanese culture specifically, and human/animal hybrids are a big part of that.

Cottontail said:
Definitely. A lot of furries draw inspiration from anime and Japanese culture specifically, and human/animal hybrids are a big part of that.
Yay. They count

my first fursona was a pastel green deer, when i was 15 or so! later i had a darker brown and teal deer, and then a technicolor deer-bat-spider hybrid. i stopped identifying with that one a long time before i made my newest one, cause i wasn’t sure what species to go for! but i finally settled on “shapeshifter” so it can be whatever species i want but the fur pattern always stays the same. the usual form is a wolfdog-unicorn hybrid sparkledog :3 specifically the wolfdog part is a utonagan/collie mutt with somewhere around 1/4 wolf genes.

Reactions: Cottontail
My fursonas species is a Siberian husky. Because that's one of my favorite animals.

Reactions: LittleAurel
Back