What's your fursona's species?

HappyPixels

Papa Pixels
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
As the title says...let's talk fursonas. What species is your fursona? Has your fursona changed? Do you have multiple ones? Do tell.

When I first got into the furry scene at the tender age of fourteen, I had two fursonas: a female black leopard and a male domestic cat (I was huge into cats back then). This was back when I still thought I was cis, before I realised I was non-binary, but despite thinking I was still cis, having two sonas of different genders just seemed normal to me. Yeah, when people talk about the signs from when they were young that they're trans, I just look at my old sonas and go...bruh.

Nowadays I only have the one sona and they're genderless like me. They're also a dodo. When trying to reimagine my sona it took ages trying to come up with an animal. I wanted something unique but that also meant a lot to me. Then I looked over at my dodo plush just chilling on my bed and the rest was history. I've had him for around twenty years and he's the reason I absolutely adore dodos. I've always been fascinated by extinct animals so it just made sense. They also look incredibly goofy which I love. A goofy looking chonker like me.

Reactions: Jodie, PaigeCherubiel, DiaperPaige and 9 others
I'm a fennec fox 😁

Always have been and always will. Lots of energy, nimble, sleek, small but fit as a fox, a little on the neurotic side.

Attachments

• IMG_9458.jpg
    IMG_9458.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Deleted member 74558, lilithra, HappyPixels and 2 others
I only have one but it is a mix of three animals: bunny, kitten, puppy. It started out as multiple one for each animal but over time I felt better by making them combined into one, but kitten is the main part of it since it is the animal I identify with most.

Reactions: HappyPixels
Currently, I have found an Alpaca costume I like. The animal is funny, and all the information about them blends well with my persona well. I then bought all the diapers and things in Alpaca to blend the theme. But it's hard for me because I love all animals. I understand the choice of animal is some means possibly by which to reflect one's inner personality, one way or the other. That's hard for me since I agree with a few comments where blending particular critters is a good idea for a broader spectrum.

I have always been into dressing up as cats all my very young childhood life, mostly because all we had were cats until we finally got a German Shepard when I was 9. I NEVER knew about the furry world until I both came here to this site, and saw some clips on TV about it. (But the clip was "Pony Play" and I felt it was embarrassing to watch some of the scenes. I think they took it too far, in my head anyway; as far as the show depicted it. But with cats as a youngster, I loved the long tail, so the Tiger was cool in my imagination to both dress up and be and think of being when trying to fall asleep as a kid, and I even had my mother make me a costume as a Tiger for Halloween.

Then I ended up studying sharks after watching the very short TV series, "The man From Atlantis". I decided to be a human shapeshifter able to switch from a dusky reef shark to a human at will, way before Star Trek came up with "changelings" in their shows. I decided on that species after going over at least 50 different types of sharks. It was a long drawn-out story I made up while trying to fall asleep that would take me night after night for around a year or so in self-entertainment. I even had telekinetic powers. Fun. After some time, I grew bored of it. I remained interested in imagination-inducing sleep when unable to conk-out, out but didn't make anything to wear in any elaborate sense.

Until lately.

Reactions: PaigeCherubiel, Opi, LukeTheDeersky and 2 others
As you can tell by my avatar, mine is a dragon!
When I was a kid, I lived in a fantasy world all the time, and I mostly fantasied about being a famous cartoon dog!
Now, I like dragons!

Reactions: Halibut, Deleted member 74558, Woncrinklz and 4 others
My first fursona was a dragon but eventually they became a secondary fursona with a realistic anthropomorphic wolf being my main fursona.
I have three variations of my wolf fursona. One version is mostly vanilla, one version is ABDL, and the last version is a babyfur

Reactions: Woncrinklz, mistykitty and HappyPixels
fleckothefennec said:
I'm a fennec fox 😁

Always have been and always will. Lots of energy, nimble, sleek, small but fit as a fox, a little on the neurotic side.

You're a fennec fox? I would have never guessed 😜

Wondercrinkee said:
Currently, I have found an Alpaca costume I like. The animal is funny, and all the information about them blends well with my persona well. I then bought all the diapers and things in Alpaca to blend the theme. But it's hard for me because I love all animals. I understand the choice of animal is some means possibly by which to reflect one's inner personality, one way or the other. That's hard for me since I agree with a few comments where blending particular critters is a good idea for a broader spectrum.

I just want to say that that an alpaca sounds like a great species to have when you're ABDL. Just so cute and fluffy.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
My fursona is Caitian from the Star Trek Universe.
He is male and elderly, and a former lower decks engineering technician.

• Love
Reactions: Opi, Woncrinklz and HappyPixels
caitianx said:
My fursona is Caitian from the Star Trek Universe.
He is male and elderly, and a former lower decks engineering technician.
How cool! I'm sure I said this before to you. So fun!
I'm a Trekkie! I really am an addict. I go to (I'm laughing at myself because of my enthusiasm for your choice in a Star Trek fursona) Trekkie conventions when I can like people go to "AA".
I saw Rene Auberjonois, Marc Alaimo, and Armin Shimerman in San Francisco in the '90s, I missed some of the original cast members, though. Tragedy! On DAT, I have to find the recording I have of the convention with Marc Alaimo/Dukat, and other characters he played as well on Star Trek.

I considered being a changeling since then I could be ANY animal. But in life, at heart, I am one anyway. But in a good way.

I wish someone could help me remember what the place was called. I don't know if it was the Moscone center, S.F., Ca. and I found a place listed on Harrison St., but it was so long ago. All I remember was it was called some kind of something center. Crap! I hate getting old! lol! Possibly something about some kind of "bettering yourself" type title to the place. I recall a weird name. But the Actors I listed was there. I also saw Sylvia Brown there, too, once. But I do not remember what the name of the place was. It's driving me nuts now! Waaaaa! Crap!

Last edited:
To (hopefully) no one’s surprise, my fursona is a rabbit. I sort of “came out” about her a few months ago. In short, she’s my fursona, little-sona, and girl-sona. Adult me is pretty unambiguously male, but since I was a teen, little me has been more of a girl. I began fleshing out my fursona a few years ago, and it seemed like an obvious opportunity to express a sort of “little gender identity.”

I love rabbits as a babyfur species because there’s an instant association with cute, cuddly, and harmless. That’s where I want my mind to be when I’m in diapers and enjoying a bottle of something warm. It’s not always possible to get there, but I try.

Reactions: lilithra, LukeTheDeersky and mistykitty
Husky ^.^

Reactions: LukeTheDeersky, mistykitty and HappyPixels
My fursona is a gold and white owl but my little sona is a kitten

Reactions: Opi, mistykitty and HappyPixels
Well my fursona Is little pastel purple fox with stars as frackles and half moon on her head, and sun on her right hip. Ecklie. Sadly no art commissioned right now 😅.

Gl to ya All.

Mine is a Sabu the Wolf, also a Sovereign the Protogen and Skullson named Hope (I will build fursuit of last one within 3-4 months from now)

Reactions: LukeTheDeersky and Dragon64
Flurx's species is a Wolf 🐺 (as shown in my name), except it's the type that represents the fizz of a soda drink.
Ever heard of a Sodaroo? Then, it's similar to that, except I don't use the term "Sodawolf" but instead "Fizzerwolf" because I liked the alliteration when it was in combination.
Flurx the Fizzerwolf is the full name. 😁

• Love
Reactions: PaigeCherubiel and WolfG
HappyPixels said:
When I first got into the furry scene at the tender age of fourteen, I had two fursonas: a female black leopard and a male domestic cat (I was huge into cats back then). This was back when I still thought I was cis, before I realised I was non-binary, but despite thinking I was still cis, having two sonas of different genders just seemed normal to me. Yeah, when people talk about the signs from when they were young that they're trans, I just look at my old sonas and go...bruh.

Nowadays I only have the one sona and they're genderless like me. They're also a dodo. When trying to reimagine my sona it took ages trying to come up with an animal. I wanted something unique but that also meant a lot to me. Then I looked over at my dodo plush just chilling on my bed and the rest was history. I've had him for around twenty years and he's the reason I absolutely adore dodos. I've always been fascinated by extinct animals so it just made sense. They also look incredibly goofy which I love. A goofy looking chonker like me.
my primary sona was a lion for yeeaars but this past year or so ive been using a cheetah :3 cuz im… fast and anxious lol

Last edited:
Reactions: skylavender
My species is sheep.

my species is a fox or a dinosaur

I still need to get some art of mine but it is a blue deer Husky/Deer Hybrid.

I have three fursonas!

My primary is an arctic marble fox (Goku)- tall, slender, liberty spikes, and so many shades of off white and beige that looks like it was out of 1970s New York.

Archie is a Nickelodeon inspired African Wild Dog- a mixture of green, orange, of white and black. My default cute fursona, non-vocal, and brimming with optimism & boundless energy.

Last is Brooklyn, a pudgy Norwegian sewer rat- large and in charge, he’s the rodent most likely to steal you pizza and scurry on the third rail of the subway.

Reactions: skylavender, lilithra and HappyPixels
Back