What is your preference for plastic pants fit? Tight or puffy

RUSSKY

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I prefer a loose fitting plastic pant. Looks more babyish to me. What is your preference and why.

• Love
Reactions: Jr2012, Diaper44, Foxroxsox and 1 other person
I'm the same way! I bought two pair of what I thought were the perfect size plastic pants for me from CooshieTooshiez: they seemed, by virtue of all measurements, to work for me and could look babyish, but in the end they were too trim, what I call a "DL Fit". I bought two more pair, one size up, and whether over cloth or disposable diapers, they looked extremely babylike with their puff. I'm all about babyish in every aspect of my Diaper Life...being a baby is the best feeling I know! 🥰 🤗 🥰 🤗 🥰 🧷🧸🍼

• Love
Reactions: Floodingpants, littledub1955, Kellycares and 4 others
In earlier years I would always get the trimmest fitting plastic pants. I would sometimes wear them only by themselves for a little while. I now actually like a big poofy pair over my diaper. I don't mind the bulk anymore.

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955, SoFloDL, NorthwestDiaperDude and 1 other person
Baggy is best, especially if it's over a traditional pin-on cloth diaper, as is usually the case for me. Trim-fitting means a wet diaper is more likely to peek out when you're moving around or shifting in your seat.

Plus, baggy means more room for stuffing! Double- or triple-diapering to the point of being unable to close your legs... You need a good baggy pant to deal with that.

• Love
Reactions: Floodingpants, littledub1955, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I guess I'm a bit in the middle of these two choices. Trim-fitting plastic (or PEVA) pants are somewhat uncomfortable for me as the elastic bites into my skin, both waist and leg openings. I like them big enough to cover my diapers with a bit of room to spare. If I get the plastic pants too big, they tend to leak. Comfortably-fitting is the way I describe my preference.

Reactions: Kellycares, wearforsafety, JOCKMAN and 1 other person
I prefer puffy plastic pants when I actually wear them. Tight plastic pants let the elastic to slide up on the diaper and allows leaks.

Reactions: littledub1955, Kellycares and Paddy2020
I don't like plastic pants that are too loose. However, I do want some leeway in my pants as a pant that is too tight or form fitting does not expand as may be needed with wear.

Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
RUSSKY said:
I prefer a loose fitting plastic pant. Looks more babyish to me. What is your preference and why.
puffy

Reactions: littledub1955, Foxroxsox and BobbiSueEllen
In a word, both. I like to wear two pairs, one snug, not too tight to cover my nappy and help hold it close to me, and a second pair of the larger size to give that puffy look and feel.

• Thinking
Reactions: littledub1955
I like the tight one with the bottoms on the side, first because they hold the diaper and. Place and second I had those types as a child , but I also want the really colorful one with many bottoms that the children use today, the first is the one that I have, in fact wearing right now I wish they had in baby colors though, and the second the ones that I want
4D6A3C8F-BC7E-4EF5-A69A-E5EFC6D11E28.jpegF57E465D-8DCD-46E7-B9D7-C5090B57E13B.jpeg

Reactions: littledub1955, BobbiSueEllen and lilstevie56
Snug and secure fit if I`m out and about because they hold my diaper up when It gets wet. Poofy butt for night time or if I`m in cloth .

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
It depends on what diapers I’m wearing which type fit that I prefer in my plastic pants. For my gauze, contour diapers I wear 1, or 2 of the diapers with a folded, terry bath towel for a soaker and a folded, terry hand for a liner and size large, Haian, plain white, pullon plastic pants. I wear either either the same, or size large, Haian, plain white, snapon, or pullon, plastic pants with Abena M-4’s on the rare occasions that I wear a disposable. When I wear prefolds, either Birdseye or gauze diapers, I use a medium inside a large with a folded, terry hand towel for a liner and size extra large, Haian, plain white, pullon plastic pants with the pants tucked under the diapers around the leg openings so they end up fitting snuggly, as do the large size pants over the contour diapers. Once in a while I will wear the extra large over the contour diapers if I don’t change as soon as I should and there’s a chance of a leak, or the large size over a single contour with a folded terry hand towel for a liner if I’m wearing tighter fitting jeans and leaving the house. Both of these combinations end up with a more blousy appearance with the plastic pants. And then I have blue, red, pink, and baby print plastic pants, in size large, as well if I still want more variety. Wearing 24/7 can get a bit boring without mixing things up a bit. After putting all this down I see that I have far too much time on my hands for me to be putting so much of it into different diapering scenarios! Stay padded, regardless of how your plastic pants fit.

Reactions: Jr2012 and BobbiSueEllen
I've always worn medium-sized plastic pants, the same size as my diaper. As you can see from my avatar, they are not loose, but are large enough to comfortably fit over a diaper.
2. Blue Plastic Pants.jpg3. Blue Plastic Pants.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: flybaby, Brumas94, Kellycares and 7 others
If it's just a plastic pant, then I want it to be loose and puffy. But if it's one of those AIO clothdiaper/plastic pant things, then I want them to be tight enough to stay on as I wiggle and move.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I prefer a loose fit on plastic pants. I only wear them at night so even puffy fit well under my pajamas.

Reactions: littledub1955 and BobbiSueEllen
Thanks for the picture Schooner. Shows a lot, like loose in the main part but secure in the waist & legs.

I do not like really loose because it may make the leg elastic or waist too loose which could be a leak. Too tight of course means painful thighs at the elastic grip and bending over and the backside of the plastic pants can slide and get pulled down exposing my training underwear or disposable diaper (for example while wearing jeans and bending down to pick something up).

This is one major reason I like medium size Gary Wear PULs as the leg holes are more forward facing and not straight down (which is what Schooner's pic looks like but still works for him OK).

I guess I would say I like my plastic underpants a bit loose like my jeans but a bit tight to get that security feeling. I have never leaked at my elastic legs or waist except when I over wet my adult trainers a few times (which is why I always have a vinyl matterss cover with me when I travel and for my home bed).

I like my legs and waist reasonably tight on my plastic pants. The rest of the pants can be somewhat loose to accommodate thicker overnight cloth diapers. I usually wear a onesie so that helps prevent leaks also, both day and night.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, JOCKMAN, Diaper44 and 1 other person
I like mine to be perfectfit So I would include me as tight wearer. The the problems that I have wearing plastic pants is that they usually dig into my skin and that hurts after hours of wearing..

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Fullpants and BobbiSueEllen
schooner said:
I've always worn medium-sized plastic pants, the same size as my diaper. As you can see from my avatar, they are not loose, but are large enough to comfortably fit over a diaper.
View attachment 45529View attachment 45530
What is your waist size, if you don't mind me asking?

Little baggy so there’s room for my diaper to expand

Reactions: BillSpeed
Back