What happened for you to become ABDL?

I think I noted this on another thread but here goes: loving household, no abuse, potty trained at earlyish age but perhaps my morbid fear of sitting on the toilet when transitioning from a potty was to traumatizing.
I was fearful of falling in or getting caught in the ferocious whirlpool. Though I wet the bed occasionally and had accidents when my stomach was upset, I was never shamed or put in diapers. I am just a factory installed DL I suppose or the link predates my memory.
I’m
As @I12BLittle89 noted the plastic texture is huge. Same with satin and silk. This came from a pacifier that was attached to a silk ribbon from my toddler days. When they took away the paci I must have negotiated keeping the ribbon. I distinctly remember rubbing it between my fingers for comfort. Now my wife wears exclusively silky panties for me. ❤️ combine that with a large plasticky maxi pad and it’s almost a diaper fantasy rival.
Call it what you want, childhood experiences form a large part of who we are.

Reactions: AndyPandy
LePew said:
Your husband of 6 years is really okay with this? It’s shocking because it will likely result in the end of your marriage.
No that would never happen lol. We have been together for 25 years and he loves me and me him. We have slept with other guys before with each other. People ask me how it works and I tell them it's just confidence and trust. We know we Love each other and if we bring in another guy it's just sex. We have actually had some Beautiful Meaningful sex together with bringing in a third. If a couple are confident that thier partner loves them and you eliminate jealousy then it works and both of us are secure in our relationship and know how Extremely Fortunate we are that we found that person to spend the rest of our lives with and after 25 years still spend every moment of the day together and rarely argue. You know that at some point in your life you were at the right place at the right time and found that love that you were searching for and know that you have something Special. I knew the first night I met him that he was the one. It's Crazy we have so much in common it really is like having a best friend. LOL look this is one of the most Bizzar Kinks out there and I'm Lucky he didn't turn and run but he is the one encouraging me to completely have the full experience.He said that maybe someone can help him learn because of course he doesn't understand the attraction to baby. Clothes etc... and I get it. We have an Amazing relationship and Trust and Believe me when I tell you that I know how lucky I am. I have no idea how I would have coped with this and came to accept myself and the little that's been kicking and screaming to be seen and heard in such a short time without him. Slow baby steps is what I keep telling myself. I actually wore my a dinosaur 🦕 onsie with feet in it for the firsts time last night in front of him and slept in my diaper and onsie all night. What an Amazing feeling to find something so magically wonderful at my age. Now I just need to find a Daddy and see and experience being changed and regressed by Daddy while I have my ba ba 😅

I think it was always ingrained in me. By all accounts, I had a normal, happy and healthy upbringing, but I never wanted to leave diapers. I have a vivid memory of when I was about five or so, I got my grandmother to buy me pull-ups and I remember being so excited to put them on again...when I finally did, I intentionally pooped in them. I don't know if it was a sensory thing for me or something, but even back then, I equated wearing and using diapers with youthful comfort and pleasure.

As for why I'm currently into it, I chalk that up to good ol' depression and anxiety. When my mental illness started setting in around the age of 15, I naturally began exhibiting age regressive behaviors to cope with it: sucking my thumb, cuddling with my old stuffed animals, watching pre-school cartoons, etc. Part of that included the compulsion to secretly go to the bathroom in my pants, and it was the sheer weirdness of those urges which prompted me to look it up online and ultimately discover AB/DL. From there I just tumbled down the rabbit hole and now I live a life filled with diapers, onesies, pacifiers, stuffies, sippy cups and so on and so forth. It's my primary coping mechanism for my mental health challenges, but, as mentioned, it's something I equate with youthful comfort and pleasure. It's both therapeutic and recreational.

Reactions: Blekyss, Fleetwoodmac32192, indiaperdl and 1 other person
DBabygirl2 said:
Similar, as I used luvs for my kid and was in cloth as a baby. I was already into other kinks so it just kinda happened. Lol
Oh cool lol

Reactions: DBabygirl2
I'm not really sure, I had a normal happy upbringing. All I know is I found some pull ups at the back of my closet one day when I was in like 1st or 2nd grade, and found myself fascinated by them. One day I saw a commercial for Goodnites, I really wanted them. So I decided that maybe if I wet the bed I'd get some. It took me awhile to work up the courage but I was finally able to do it. After a few times, I was put in Goodnites, I didn't do it every night so they wouldn't worry too much. But I was able to stay in Goodnites until about 7th grade, when I stopped for awhile. I didn't partake again until after high school. Fortunately Goodnites still fit.

Reactions: goodnitesboy24, LePew and BabyRebecca
The classic combo of being the oldest sibling and being a bedwetter for an unnaturally long time. I think I was more of a DL in the beginning- now I am pretty squarely in the little/middle range.

I’m sorry to read that many of us are here through trauma.

I can’t claim anything like that, but am always happy to be a listening ear.

My story is here:

Nothing happened for me to become a DL. I had a great childhood, no trauma I can remember.

I have had a DL interest as long as I have had memory, furry as well. It just is 🦊🤷‍♂️

I've been facinated by diapers since I was a kid, maybe 5 or 6 years old? I think part of it was the thrilling idea of being able to wet without anyone else knowing. When I finally tried them as an adult, I was hooked. I admit I am now slightly obsessed ;) Oh yes I am a DL through and through, no doubt about it.

• Love
Reactions: OriginalWetone, Lyric and TexasDiaperLover
i don’t have an answer.

For the same reason why I’m into BDSM same reason I’ve explored being bisexual. I’m abdl because I was born that way,

WetKat said:
I've been facinated by diapers since I was a kid, maybe 5 or 6 years old? I think part of it was the thrilling idea of being able to wet without anyone else knowing. When I finally tried them as an adult, I was hooked. I admit I am now slightly obsessed ;) Oh yes I am a DL through and through, no doubt about it.
That's a big part of why I love wearing diapers and rubber pants as well. Wetting myself in my diapers when I'm around other people and no one knows what I'm doing has always been a turn on for me. Still is.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
Ceras said:
I went into more detail about this in a different thread so I’ll try to shorten it.

My realizing that I was into ABDL came from a punishment. When I was in daycare during the Summers, I took diapers from the nursery part and would wear them for the day, and would later start wetting them. The start of the Summer after, I got caught in the act wearing the diaper after having wet it. After being spanked and given a diaper change in front of the other kids, I was given the punishment by my parents and the caretakers that I would stay in diapers as I went through “potty re-training.” I was kept with the toddlers and told I had to ask a caretaker when I needed to go potty, but they wouldn’t let me go if I only needed to pee, so I was wetting my diapers constantly, and getting spanked for it because I was “missing the potty.” A couple of weeks later, after giving up asking and was just wetting my diapers as I needed, the caretakers said since I was making no progress in making it to the potty, that I would start being treated like a baby. I was moved to nursery, made to dress like a baby, be fed formula and baby food during lunch and snack times, sleep in one of the cribs during nap time, and I couldn’t go to the bathroom, so I was now peeing AND pooping my diapers. While the whole experience was humiliating, especially with the other kids teasing me the entire Summer, I found myself enjoying being treated like a baby in the nursery, because the caretakers would give me the same care and attention as the other babies and I enjoyed the comfort and softness of the diapers.
Wtf? Is this a true story? Because that's full-blown child abuse. I had a similar experience at a daycare that I attended pre-preschool, but not nearly that bad. I was just threatened with being put back in diapers because I kept asking to go to the bathroom. And at the time, I actually really didn't want that to happen.

I wish I knew. Maybe because of the experience I had at a daycare I attended that I just posted right above this, that's my best guess.

ABCurious said:
Wtf? Is this a true story? Because that's full-blown child abuse. I had a similar experience at a daycare that I attended pre-preschool, but not nearly that bad. I was just threatened with being put back in diapers because I kept asking to go to the bathroom. And at the time, I actually really didn't want that to happen.
Yes, as fantastical as it sounds, it is a true story, and I am fully aware that it was abusive, but at the end of it all, it helped more than hurt, cause it allowed me to embrace a side of myself that's helped me mentally for so long.

Ceras said:
Yes, as fantastical as it sounds, it is a true story, and I am fully aware that it was abusive, but at the end of it all, it helped more than hurt, cause it allowed me to embrace a side of myself that's helped me mentally for so long.
I'm glad that it helped you at least.

So many abuse stories is making angry scary big me come out and want to bust some heads. 🤬

Though as ancient history as some of these sound the would be targets of my rapture are likely long gone or suffering worse fates by now. 😤

🥺😭

Last edited:
I was put back into nappies by my mother as a punishment when I was a child.

It’s interesting to hear some people saying that that’s abuse. I never considered it abuse, and still don’t. I knew she loved me, but she didn’t want me being naughty. Putting me back into nappies was apparently quite calming, and my behaviour improved.

Of course it was terribly humiliating, especially when, inevitably, my sister found out I had a nappy on.

Over time I pretended to like having a nappy on, hoping that if she thought I didn’t mind it she’d stop doing it. But that didn’t work.

Going through puberty wearing nappies to bed sometimes drew certain associations, and I came to actually enjoy wearing my nappies.

Ali123 said:
I was put back into nappies by my mother as a punishment when I was a child.

It’s interesting to hear some people saying that that’s abuse. I never considered it abuse, and still don’t. I knew she loved me, but she didn’t want me being naughty. Putting me back into nappies was apparently quite calming, and my behaviour improved.

Of course it was terribly humiliating, especially when, inevitably, my sister found out I had a nappy on.

Over time I pretended to like having a nappy on, hoping that if she thought I didn’t mind it she’d stop doing it. But that didn’t work.

Going through puberty wearing nappies to bed sometimes drew certain associations, and I came to actually enjoy wearing my nappies.
It's really all about context. My punishment was deliberately done to humiliate and traumatize me into not wanting to wear diapers again (which backfired obviously). It was sort of like how when some parents catch you with cigarettes, they'll make you smoke the whole pack to try and teach you why it's bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABCurious, Blotteted and Ali123
I think for me it has to do with trauma I suffered as a baby. I found out as an adult that before my grandmother adopted me I was found in a cardboard box as a baby; explained a lot to me.

• Sad
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
I think it was mostly a combination of my gender dysphoria leading to a feeling of missing childhood as well complex trauma suffered while growing up. That's the short version, anyway.

Back