Rascal and Friends Size 7 and Pampers Swaddlers Size 8

MCDG111 said:
About the same wideness as pampers size 8 euro. Those darn tabs, why they had to change them. Love the smell, amd sound of them though, very soft.
The pampers size 8 euro are nice and they fit me well however, the only thing I find objectionable is that they haven't updated the tape line they peal off; they should be made to resemble those in the US.

Meijer didn't have them tonight, but I'll keep looking. These sound very interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magicalgirl101
What are the odds that my 5’1, 100lb girlfriend would fit in these?

She’s been wanting to try diapers, and, well, an ABU Little Kings medium comes up to her bra and then some LOL

Reactions: Littlebabybecca, nappybaby and Nobu
PaciPilot said:

She’s been wanting to try diapers, and, well, an ABU Little Kings medium comes up to her bra and then some LOL
They will undoubtedly fit her. Currently, I weigh 6 pounds more than she does.

N0bu said:
They will undoubtedly fit her. Currently, I weigh 6 pounds more than she does.
Would they fit pretty well or would it be a stretch?

Thank you so much!

To many factors there. size of butt, hips and so forth also effect fit. Will the tapes hold? Almost certainly. Will it be a stretch? Depends on body shape.
For example I weigh 148lbs and tapes hold with nearly all size 7 diapers I've tried and the diaper is fully usable. However I have like no butt and no fat on my hips. I fit only slightly better when I was 124lbs. However I fit way better when I was 112lbs into even size 5 and 6 diapers that I can no longer fit reliably if at all.

TLDR mileage may vary drastically even at same height and weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 68Bonnie, Nobu and PadPhilosopher
PaciPilot said:

Thank you so much!
I can wear a size 7 pampers swaddlers. I have to pull the tape in order for it to reach the edge of the tape line but not too much. The new size 8 will fit me perfectly.

Last edited:
PaciPilot said:

They‘ll probably fit her pretty good

Last edited:
PaciPilot said:

Thank you so much!
They probably will fit her pretty well. But pull-ups also just released a 5t-6t pull-up and those would probably fit her perfectly too.

I didn't know Rascal and Friends were available in the US. They are only sold by Tesco in the UK.

CookieMonstah said:
I didn't know Rascal and Friends were available in the US. They are only sold by Tesco in the UK.
Has anyone done a size comparison between R&F 7 and PBD 8?

DadPhilosopher said:
Has anyone done a size comparison between R&F 7 and PBD 8?
that would be great!

the pampers swaddlers 8 nappy is smaller than the european baby dry 8, right?

I just got some Pampers Swaddlers size 8 this morning at Walmart and went #2 in one of them (which held relatively well) so I'm currently soaking in the bath. They are about the length of 5T-6T Huggies Pull-Ups, likely slightly longer--but when I taped them down side-by-side to compare their lengths, I didn't secure them down tightly and evenly enough to be totally sure of their length differences yet--but I can certainly say they are very close in length.

I plan to try to do an accurate measurement and take a ruler to them in a bit (with pics) if someone else doesn't get to it before I do. I might be able to do an ISO test too but I might be joining a friend for an activity for the rest of the day--so I might not be able to get to it until tomorrow at the earliest if I leave the house shortly.

The side stretch to make the tabs attach and stay without the sides splitting is not optimal at all--the sides tore extremely easily with very little pressure--I had to use two pairs of tabs (4 tabs total) from other Swaddlers in the box to make them fit my 32-34-ish inch waist--and I've been a master at stretching small diapers to make them fit my body's diameter and I can say these are some of the weakest and most fragile that I've experienced--they are also a very small initial diameter that they stretch to for straightforward use without using special techniques to maximize their stretch.

Also, the stickiness of the tabs is particularly inferior. Even after I tried to attach the hook and loop fasteners so they'd hold as strong as possible (with the 4 extra tabs as I explained earlier in this post), they kept coming detached when I didn't move around much at all while wearing them. The Pull-Ups 5T-6T fit me fine without the need for extra extenders and they never tore on me (without even needing to pre-stretch them) after I wore them long-term.

5T-6T Pull-Ups slide on and off me extremely easily--on the other hand, Pampers Easy-Ups 5T-6T (similarly to these Swaddlers) have had the sides split on me regularly the few times I could barely slip into them--so Pampers biggest sizes seem extremely limited in features to optimally accommodate larger diameter wearers--especially since I've been able to stretch diapers from some other brands in sizes 5s, 6s and 7s to fit into them--even 3T-4T and 4T-5T pull-ons.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nobu, Jack01 and PadPhilosopher
The RFC diapers S7 are currently on sale on the Walmart website, so I just purchased some.

• Love
Reactions: hanzertas
Yep--I was right. The Pampers Swaddlers size 8 are longer than the Huggies Pull-Ups 5T-6T boys--by a half inch (I don't know if the Pull-Ups 5T-6T girls have different lengths and/or widths than the boys version though--although I might measure that next (since I have some girls ones) and post it on the 5T-6T thread in the near future).

Also the Swaddlers size 8s are significantly wider that the 5T-6T boys Pull-Ups--a whole 2 inches wider (I didn't even know that there was any difference at all in the width until I laid the diapers flat and took these photos since I didn't think to look until now for some reason).

As a side note, I also got the Swaddlers size 8s to stretch better than I thought I could get them to stretch initially--now after stretching them a bit (on certain parts that don't tear), I can put them on properly (without using extra tabs to extend the diameter that they can fit) without the sides being as likely to tear when I wear them. I can likely wear these from time to time the standard way without modifying anything (unless you call significantly stretching certain parts of it modifying it--nothing ripped as far as I know).

I included some of my amateur measurement pics in this post. A Pull-Ups 5T-6T boys is laid on top of a Swaddlers size 8 in the last 4 photos but the first 4 photos only have a Swaddlers size 8 in them.

NOTE: This is my first time laying out a diaper flat and measuring it. I will likely get a lot better at taking photos and plan to likely show the shapes and measurements of the pads and such in future diaper picture posts if I do any more of these kinds of posts. I was also thinking right now that I could even compare thickness by putting books on top of diapers folded in half and then measuring the height of diapers. If you have any suggestions on how to make the diapers lay out flat better, feel free to let me know--maybe using sewing kit pins and some sort of board? This method of using blue tape works best for some things though--for example since it doesn't damage the diapers and since I am attaching a significant part of the outline of the diapers to a solid surface. It does look a bit ugly though using ripped off pieces of tape and my workspace for these photos isn't lit optimally currently (especially in one of the corners)--but I recognize these weaknesses and plan to eliminate them as much as possible if I post diaper pics like this in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3533.jpg
    IMG_3533.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3534.jpg
    IMG_3534.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Reactions: Theophilus, Jack01, 90sDiaperBaby and 2 others
Mom ordered some of these size 8 for my brother. He was using the new Boundless but we couldn’t find them anymore. I hope they fit me too!

Reactions: Lyric and PadPhilosopher
So unstretched they look to be 12+13=25”. Is that correct? With a 3.5” stretch on either tab and most people who claim to have a 32” waist shouldn’t have trouble.

With a 33 inch waist myself it doesn't reach. With one tab extender I can reach the wing tab of the front. If only they had those stretchy tabs.

Back