New Tykables Diapers: Modified Redesigns, A New Design, and Expected Releases

TigerDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It seems Tykables has quietly made some changes/progress regarding the group of new designs they announced around April. Not sure when they updated their website. And maybe this info is coming in an email announcement soon.

It seems they have made some modifications to their redesigns compared to the concept art they first published, maybe based on the feedback they asked for during that announcement. People have been talking about the Little Rawrs change (discussion thread link), but it looks like they have also changed the designs of the Galactic and Potty Monsters.

There was also a new design added that wasn't previously announced: Purrfect Cafe.

They've also added expected release ranges for the new designs!:
"Later this year": Puppers
end of 2023: Potty Monsters
Feb 2024: Purrfect Cafe
Summer 2024: Galactic, Deluge, and Little Rawrs

(links lead to the Tykables product pages, except the discussion about the Little Rawrs design change)

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte and LifeInPlastic
For reference, here are the initial designs from when they first announced them (April 21st, 2023):
Screenshot 2023-08-26 🎉 All Animooz & Unicorns Shipments Are Ready! - Copy.png

Reactions: Neroforte and Iron
I am pissed that they gave us a tease April 1 and now!!!! Summer 24!!!!!! Quit teasing us!!!

Reactions: TigerDL
And why dose the guy look so annoyed. They need a cute little to model not a cranky adult. If I got that sirley of a look from a little after getting put in a fresh diaper they would be getting some corner time.

• Haha
Reactions: Diaperedlife13, cloakplt and TigerDL
Tykables need some girls to model them. While I'm okay with seeing guys in diapers I'm not gay and would love to see some girls diapered. Look at rearz

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Dlhnt, AndyPandy and 3 others
HoneySnow said:
And why dose the guy look so annoyed. They need a cute little to model not a cranky adult. If I got that sirley of a look from a little after getting put in a fresh diaper they would be getting some corner time.
They do have some other diaper models, but it seems all of these designs were photoshoped onto the same guy since it was probably easier to put them on the same model/picture/pose, and they are still conceptual so they don't have actual diapers for them to model yet.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy
If you look carefully it's the same photo just shopped to be in different diapers. Even the tattoo is photoshopped. Look at the legs.

I'm really diggin the Galactic. I kinda liked the original version with the gray print instead of the blue but it's not a deal breaker. I'm still going to buy them when they are released. I'll definitely buy the Puppers because they are super cute. And since I'm a cat person I'll definitely be buying the Purrfect Cafe.

Personally, I prefer the original Puppers print.

Reactions: BlueDude, jakenappy and TigerDL
BrattyPrincessSophie said:
Personally, I prefer the original Puppers print.
I agree I liked the original puppets designs too. These are cute but I prefer the original.

Those new Purrfect Cafe ones look really cute.

Reactions: DLScottsman and LiddleBigBoy
I am probably the odd one out, but I was really hoping to try the Deluge this year. Are the diaper factories that backed up that production is a year out?

Wow, gotta admit the designs have become really shiny. I would prefer the Deluge and Galactic because they are more "mature". My only gripe is that the deluge lacks a wettness indicator. But I have to admit that the puppers and Little Rawrz are really nice and aestetically very pleasing.

The new Little Rawrz is especially flashy and fresh design wise. The first version had too dark colors these new ones are much better. I think I will actually get a bag of these once available. I liked to wear underwear in vibrant colors. The Rawrz remind me a bit of the NRU Little Rascals, which also have a nice color palette and design I very much like. Plus - I appreciate the subtle but still very dark twist that the dinosaurs look stricken with fear as they witness the apocalypse of their world beginning to unfold. Damn, it would be even grim dark if it was not drawn so cute. xD

Cheers

Ok, this reply ended up more ranty than intended...

My overall opinion on these designs is that Tykables needs to go back to the drawing board and ask themselves what they are looking to achieve and what worked about their previous designs. The actual diapers are fantastic quality and I really enjoy them, but these designs are generally a step in the wrong direction for me. The draw of positional prints is that a manufacturer can better mimic what a real child diaper looks like in its design. Looking at ABU, they have done a great job of replicating that in their AlphaGatorz and Little Kings, which look very close to an actual baby diaper in an adult size. Tykables, on the other hand, is pursuing positional printing in these designs, but then choosing designs that don't really line up with what a child diaper would actually look like in many cases.
  • Puppers: I'm a huge Paw Patrol fan, so I always liked this diaper line. While I really like the concept they're trying to go for with making it more positional, the actual pictures they have on the front landing areas just don't hit as cute as some of the old pictures they had. I would probably still try these out, just wish they had some better pictures.
  • Potty Monsters: It's kinda cute? I don't know why but this just doesn't appeal to me that much. Maybe it's just my personal taste, but it doesn't "spark joy" for me.
  • Purrfect Cafe: The art style definitely reminds me of old Fisher Price and Little Tykes toys, so I like that! Unfortunately the designs are more girl-centric, and I like cute boy-ish designs, so it doesn't really work for me personally. If they had a more boy-ish equivalent, I would certainly be interested in seeing that. If they made these designs more gender-balanced, I could see this having a much greater appeal.
  • Galactic: This is an improvement over the initial design concept they showed people a while back, which was quite dull. But this is still not super cute for me. I get the gimmick of the central line being merged with a wetness indicator, but I preferred the cute cartoons they had on the old print. Overall, it seems a little bizarre to me that they had only 1 design for this package, yet have multiple for the others. If they had this design mixed with some other traditional cartoony prints, then perhaps I could see it as more appealing. But I wouldn't want to spend money on an entire pack of these, as I feel like the novelty would wear off for me.
  • Deluge: I know there is a segment of people who really like camo-style designs or more masculine-oriented styles. So for those people, I guess this works? I personally have no interest in that and want something cuter, so this isn't for me, but I'm glad they have something for those looking for an "older kid" print.
  • Little Rawrs: These designs have to be my biggest pet peeve with Tykables artistic choices, continuing a stylistic choice I disliked on the old ones. Why would I want sad dinosaurs who are about to be wiped out by meteors??? It is super depressing and the last thing I want to think about when I'm in little space is my favourite dinosaurs dying. They had a similar thing on their old line, and I stopped buying them partially because of that. ABU and Rearz both have dinosaur designs that are cute and don't have depressed dinosaurs about to die. I get that maybe they're wanting to introduce a bit of dark humour into their diaper designs... but that just isn't for me. In my eyes, these designs are an unwanted reminder that this product is an adult product, which if you're trying to be in "little space" is the last thing you'd want. I would be 100% on-board with these new designs if they got rid of the meteors and made the dinosaurs look like they're having a good time.

I don't really like the designs tbh. Way too crowded.

Reactions: PGAFAN2008
Consul said:

My overall opinion on these designs is that Tykables needs to go back to the drawing board and ask themselves what they are looking to achieve and what worked about their previous designs. The actual diapers are fantastic quality and I really enjoy them, but these designs are generally a step in the wrong direction for me. The draw of positional prints is that a manufacturer can better mimic what a real child diaper looks like in its design. Looking at ABU, they have done a great job of replicating that in their AlphaGatorz and Little Kings, which look very close to an actual baby diaper in an adult size. Tykables, on the other hand, is pursuing positional printing in these designs, but then choosing designs that don't really line up with what a child diaper would actually look like in many cases.
  • Puppers: I'm a huge Paw Patrol fan, so I always liked this diaper line. While I really like the concept they're trying to go for with making it more positional, the actual pictures they have on the front landing areas just don't hit as cute as some of the old pictures they had. I would probably still try these out, just wish they had some better pictures.
  • Potty Monsters: It's kinda cute? I don't know why but this just doesn't appeal to me that much. Maybe it's just my personal taste, but it doesn't "spark joy" for me.
  • Purrfect Cafe: The art style definitely reminds me of old Fisher Price and Little Tykes toys, so I like that! Unfortunately the designs are more girl-centric, and I like cute boy-ish designs, so it doesn't really work for me personally. If they had a more boy-ish equivalent, I would certainly be interested in seeing that. If they made these designs more gender-balanced, I could see this having a much greater appeal.
  • Galactic: This is an improvement over the initial design concept they showed people a while back, which was quite dull. But this is still not super cute for me. I get the gimmick of the central line being merged with a wetness indicator, but I preferred the cute cartoons they had on the old print. Overall, it seems a little bizarre to me that they had only 1 design for this package, yet have multiple for the others. If they had this design mixed with some other traditional cartoony prints, then perhaps I could see it as more appealing. But I wouldn't want to spend money on an entire pack of these, as I feel like the novelty would wear off for me.
  • Deluge: I know there is a segment of people who really like camo-style designs or more masculine-oriented styles. So for those people, I guess this works? I personally have no interest in that and want something cuter, so this isn't for me, but I'm glad they have something for those looking for an "older kid" print.
  • Little Rawrs: These designs have to be my biggest pet peeve with Tykables artistic choices, continuing a stylistic choice I disliked on the old ones. Why would I want sad dinosaurs who are about to be wiped out by meteors??? It is super depressing and the last thing I want to think about when I'm in little space is my favourite dinosaurs dying. They had a similar thing on their old line, and I stopped buying them partially because of that. ABU and Rearz both have dinosaur designs that are cute and don't have depressed dinosaurs about to die. I get that maybe they're wanting to introduce a bit of dark humour into their diaper designs... but that just isn't for me. In my eyes, these designs are an unwanted reminder that this product is an adult product, which if you're trying to be in "little space" is the last thing you'd want. I would be 100% on-board with these new designs if they got rid of the meteors and made the dinosaurs look like they're having a good time.
But it's not just you Tykables is trying to appeal to. Also Tykables is also trying to appeal to the incontinence crowd. Check their website. Not all incontinent ppl want to wear a babyish looking diaper but many will wear a diaper that sorta looks like cartoonish underwear.
Some of your points are valid as I too like my diapers with a more infantile appearance and we are getting that with some of the diapers here, it's just I see as a down the middle kind of thing, something for everyone.
As far as the Purrfect Cafe diapers, yeah they're more on the feminine side in appearance but in all honesty, the feminine looking diaper has been far too long neglected. On top of that Tykables Unicorns are being purchased by both sexes, including straight men. Same with ABU BunnyHopps. I have both and I'll probably buy the Purfect Cafe diapers too. Just because there's pink and lavender in a diaper really doesn't mean they are specifically for girls.
Idk, I guess I just see things differently and since we are in a niche community then I feel there should be something for everyone. We really can't find our ABDL diapers in a Walmart so we have to make do with what the suppliers are putting forth to satisfy the whole of the community.
Let's just go with it.

Last edited:
Consul said:

I would advise filling out their feedback form then. Tbh I would still like the Rawrz even with the "happier" dinos on em(but the colors stay as they are). But dark humor diapers? Damn, Tykables you found out one of my many weaknesess! ^^

Cheers

Last edited:
I have been asking them for years for cat diapers. Those purrfect diapers. Are by far the ugliest diaper design any abdl diaper company has put out yet.

A wise man once said, if you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. If the idea is to appeal to both ABDLs and IC people who want something resembling cartoonish underwear, why not just offer the old design that appeals to ABDLs and the new design appealing to IC side by side? Surely more options is better than less.

Reactions: AndyPandy, TigerDL and littledinogoesrawr
I'm really digging those puppers. Would def be worth a trip to Chicago store.

Back