New Tykables Diapers: Modified Redesigns, A New Design, and Expected Releases

Diaperedlife13 said:
I have been asking them for years for cat diapers. Those purrfect diapers. Are by far the ugliest diaper design any abdl diaper company has put out yet.

It's really just a matter of taste but I think they are delightful.

More importantly though I like that they were not what I was expecting - whatever that was - so I say we'll done for doing something different.

I can't be the only one who feels a lot of product offerings just sort of blur together, right?

i like the Potty Monsters the most

Reactions: vriska
🔥🦕:eek:😭

I was looking forward to the dino ones most... but now.... 🥺

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, littledub1955 and ILuvDiapers
AlwaysDreaming said:
🔥🦕:eek:😭

I was looking forward to the dino ones most... but now....
Oh, man. 😂 Just imagine this scenario:

Let's say they would be an actual diaper for toddlers/infants. Kid get's changed for the first time into this and asks:
"Mommy, why are the dinos on the new diapees so sad?"
Mommy:
"Because they are all going to die, sweetie. See those fireballs there? Those are meteors! Biiig, burning stones that fall from the sky and erase almost all life on earth. That is actually what happend a long, long time ago and the reason dinos do not exist anymore."
Kid: 🥺😢😭

Dang, I find that too funny. xD

Cheers

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: AndyPandy, DelC, TigerDL and 2 others
LifeInPlastic said:
Oh, man. 😂 Just imagine this scenario:

Let's say they would be an actual diaper for toddlers/infants. Kid get's changed for the first time into this and asks:
"Mommy, why are the dinos on the new diapees so sad?"
Mommy:
"Because they are all going to die, sweetie. See those fireballs there? Those are meteors! Biiig, burning stones that fall from the sky and erase almost all life on earth. That is actually what happend a long, long time ago and the reason dinos do not exist anymore."
Kid: 🥺😢😭

Dang, I find that too funny. xD

Cheers
As a scientist I approve this message. Then again I am a miserable cynic.

• Haha
Reactions: DelC, TigerDL and LifeInPlastic
I dont like any of those designs!

• Wow
Reactions: Honeywell6180 and littledub1955
I like the Puppers, and Potty Monsters best. :) (y)

• Love
Reactions: littledub1955
Mehrabad98 said:
As a scientist I approve this message. Then again I am a miserable cynic.
Ah, a man of taste and culture. 👌

Cheers

TigerDL said:
For reference, here are the initial designs from when they first announced them (April 21st, 2023):
View attachment 116887
I haven't worn disposables very much in nearly four years ( once a month maybe ) but I like how cute the puppers and the potty monsters look. Maybe I'll buy a pack of each so I can feel really cute once a month for a few years.

• Love
Reactions: ILuvDiapers
ILuvDiapers said:
I like the Puppers, and Potty Monsters best. :) (y)
Same here.

littledub1955 said:
I haven't worn disposables very much in nearly four years ( once a month maybe ) but I like how cute the puppers and the potty monsters look. Maybe I'll buy a pack of each so I can feel really cute once a month for a few years.
I only wear pinned on cotton diapers and plastic pants but I wear 24/7.

these are all ugly as sin 🤢

Reactions: mtl1107 and littledinogoesrawr
CrinkleBear said:
If you look carefully it's the same photo just shopped to be in different diapers. Even the tattoo is photoshopped. Look at the legs.
It's not clear whether you mean that the tattoos were inserted or are pointing out that they made a partial attempt to remove them, but I agree, it's Photoshopped, and definitely looks odd. I'm inclined to say the tattoos are real...

The skin around the tattoo on the leg does look a little lighter, but it matches the skin on the side of their torso, under their arm, above the tattoo, which tells me that's primarily the lighting, mixed with some JPEG artifacts, which will wreak all manner of havoc (though they're not bad here, by any means). On the one where the leg tattoo is missing, the lighting on their leg doesn't match the light on their torso; it's missing the highlight, the light spot where the light is bouncing off the skin, so that's the one where they did some retouching. The leg tattoo thematically matches the other tattoos, and those match the curvature of his arms and shoulders, as well as the lighting, too well to be photoshopped, especially given the lack of uniform lighting on the one without the leg tattoo. I wouldn't expect a high-quality insertion of tattoos from whatever editor removed the leg tattoo (or failed to insert it, though I think it's removed, because if it was inserted, that means they spent an inordinate amount of time simulating accent lighting to get that highlight down the entire side of the body right, and just never finished).

That said, it's rather strange that they'd choose to remove the tattoo from only one of these images. It looks like someone had an idea to try and remove them, and did it late in the process, to a single one of the largely-finished images (as opposed to early in the process, where they could have worked on the source image—or rather, a copy of it, because you should never touch the actual source image with destructive editing—and then imported their efforts into each design they were working on), ran out of time to finish it (or realized that the complex curves and lighting on the other tattoos is tricky to deal with), and just sent it out the door, unfinished, without bothering to undo the partial tattoo removal...

It's decent work, but there are a lot of mistakes here to learn from.

I spend way too much time looking at bad Photoshop work. Can you tell?

EDIT: Looking closer, on the one where the leg tattoo is missing, there's also a little missing chunk of their leg, where the fletching (feathered tail) of the arrow on the tattoo would be. Basically where it's darn hard to get things right, as that goes almost to the edge, and you can no longer get away with just cloning the shadow from the front of the leg, if you want the curvature to look right.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and CrinkleBear
I didn't like these when announced, filled out the feedback form, still don't like them now. The puppers aren't as cute as they were, the galactic is boring, and as with most of their prints (animooz and waddlers excluded) I feel the Purrfect, potty monsters, and little rawrs need better art direction. Abu has been great at making cohesive products where tykables designs just seem to fall short feeling either looking like bootleg designs (paw patrol, bluey, mlp,etc) or half baked with a good idea but designs that just don't match up (Purrfect,little rawrs, potty monsters, Camelot)

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperedlife13
I like pretty much all of the designs except for the cats and potty monsters. I am a huge Tykables fan. Love me some Cammies and Camelots

I love the Deluge. It looks like men’s boxer brief designs.

Reactions: TigerDL, DLScottsman and Sam I am
All of them except Puppers and Space look like puke.

I love how much color they all have.

• Love
Reactions: ILuvDiapers
LifeInPlastic said:
I would advise filling out their feedback form then. Tbh I would still like the Rawrz even with the "happier" dinos on em(but the colors stay as they are). But dark humor diapers? Damn, Tykables you found out one of my many weaknesess! ^^

Cheers
I’d keep the diapers as they are but at least make them happy.

Back