Medication that made you lose control

Best is I have acetaminophen from Equate, and the cap warns this contains acetaminophen! 🤣

Reactions: Diprs2
richieboy said:
Well if you read the 20 pages of corporate cop out warnings in big pharma script pamphlets their lawyers make damn sure no one can sue, or at least they try
I'm aware of that mindset. There's a diabetes med that many are now using but not recommended for those with retinopathy (me). Why? Likely because they don't want their drug to be blamed for blindness if it happens. I curse the lawyer crap at the start of the Dr. Mario game that my wife and I still play sometimes. You got to click thru 3 screens of warnings that the lawyers made them include. OTOH, the public is partly to blame for this with the litigious society it has become.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and richieboy
slimjiminy said:
I'm aware of that mindset. There's a diabetes med that many are now using but not recommended for those with retinopathy (me). Why? Likely because they don't want their drug to be blamed for blindness if it happens. I curse the lawyer crap at the start of the Dr. Mario game that my wife and I still play sometimes. You got to click thru 3 screens of warnings that the lawyers made them include. OTOH, the public is partly to blame for this with the litigious society it has become.
Yep like that song says “it wasn’t me”

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
DiaperedDragon said:
hey i got the same diagnosis, on 4 medications, none of them that i know that cause wetting.
In the old days in the 1960s, 70s and 80s they used some pretty strong meds that arent used much now. I took valproic acid for epilepsy and clozapine for the pschosis symptoms and I believe both are sometimes associated with bedwetting in some patients and especially younger patients. I take milder more modern drugs now. And they also believed at one point that having seizures in my sleep was probably causing bedwetting. I usually had convulsing seizures but also before and during puberty started having 'absent' seizures where I didnt have convulsions. They started noticing it when I was in 6th grade when I started wetting my pants at school when I wasnt even aware I was going.

The morning medications I take are Lithium, Zyprexa (olanzapine), Ditropan XL (oxybutynin tablets), and Ativan (lorazepam), which causes occasional bedwetting.

Last edited:
I took my usual 3mg mini press, puff of advair and symbicort. Ran out of my trazadone though before bed. Apparently having no trazadone isn't good. Woke up with body ache and had just enough time to grab a diaper because as soon as I was diapered my bladder let lose.

I used to take lisinopril, had a bad reaction with lyrica, got to where I couldn’t breath.
The labeling had been updated and both me and my doctors had missed it.
had to quit both to recover.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and SweetheartPanda
quarktheory said:
I used to take lisinopril, had a bad reaction with lyrica, got to where I couldn’t breath.
The labeling had been updated and both me and my doctors had missed it.
had to quit both to recover.
Yikes! That is so scary that you couldn't breathe!

sometimes I eat a part of a cannabis, gummy to help me, fall asleep, and that stuff really works but if I eat a whole one, holy shit, not fun it’s the kind where your whole body feels it and it’s really weird I don’t know how to describe it, and I’m not a fan of that feeling. It’s almost like your mind is perceiving, everything that your body is feeling or that you notice it more maybe because your perception of time is different, who the hell knows but anyways, I noticed that it seems to make it harder for me to use my diaper throughout the night like I normally do, for the time I wake up in the morning, I’m just posting to P and that first morning time with my diaper thing makes the safari get really full, but I’m not a fan of waking up with that super urge to have to go.

diaperlvr19 said:
Hi first time posting. So I’ve been taking Ativan for anxiety and I’ve noticed that when I’m taking it I have periods where I lose bladder control and pre my pants. Has anyone else had issues with medications and if so which medications.
Yes and still for both bladder and bowels I also formerly wet the bed until fourteen but at twenty-five I started bedwetting again.

craigd1341 said:
Allupurinol for Gout started mine. I get intense urinary sensations where I need to find a potty within a minute or two

FudgedInLuvs said:
I have borderline blood pressure, I take lisinopril. Before it I was pretty much dry, nowadays it's a crapshoot especially if the pharmacy uses a different generic, then it's every night for a month to three depending on Rx size
same here, same med

so for me, it’s more like the medication’s. I take plus the gradual effects of type two diabetes are making my bladder and vowel situation’s a bit worse as time goes on. I recently found out that the glaucoma medication have been on since 2017 is known to cause bladder retention issues. When you combine that with the other meds that cause more overactive bladder and the gradual loss of sensation with enough warning that I need to go., well, then it seems to me that Diapers 24/7 or just an evitable at this point. On top of the fact that now I am taking Ozempic with some rather shitty side effects, yes, pun is intended. I’m still getting used to taking this stuff and, if you mistakenly eat the wrong amount of the wrong kind of stuff, wow 8 to 10 hours later you’re fucked. This happened to me the other night, reminded me of the situation from a week ago when I was shitting, my brains out in preparation for the colonoscopy, so, really fun times when I had to change my diaper twice within six hours in the early morning before I was supposed to go to work. Kind of afraid that I would have a bowel accident at work. Yes, I’m in Diapers but it’s not exactly the reason why I need them and not like I want to put myself in that situation. Although I guess nowadays, that’s just kind of what it’s going to be . Thinking about trying the internal deodorizers just on the off chance that this kind of accident happens while I’m out and about.

Reactions: sport1
Gabapentin, Vistaril, Tizanidine, Celebrex, Ambien, Morphine, Uroxatral, Fluoxetine & Linzess are all meds that can affect the bladder and or bowel. I am on other meds but these are the ones I take that I now can affect continence.

nikthewerelion said:
so for me, it’s more like the medication’s. I take plus the gradual effects of type two diabetes are making my bladder and vowel situation’s a bit worse as time goes on. I recently found out that the glaucoma medication have been on since 2017 is known to cause bladder retention issues. When you combine that with the other meds that cause more overactive bladder and the gradual loss of sensation with enough warning that I need to go., well, then it seems to me that Diapers 24/7 or just an evitable at this point. On top of the fact that now I am taking Ozempic with some rather shitty side effects, yes, pun is intended. I’m still getting used to taking this stuff and, if you mistakenly eat the wrong amount of the wrong kind of stuff, wow 8 to 10 hours later you’re fucked. This happened to me the other night, reminded me of the situation from a week ago when I was shitting, my brains out in preparation for the colonoscopy, so, really fun times when I had to change my diaper twice within six hours in the early morning before I was supposed to go to work. Kind of afraid that I would have a bowel accident at work. Yes, I’m in Diapers but it’s not exactly the reason why I need them and not like I want to put myself in that situation. Although I guess nowadays, that’s just kind of what it’s going to be . Thinking about trying the internal deodorizers just on the off chance that this kind of accident happens while I’m out and about.
Oof colonoscopys suck... they were like u have to drink all this.

Told my boss I needed the day after because of Anesthesia
Would have me under he was like you'll be fine.
😒

Almost makes me want to stop working newish-old job same shit....
Might as well go on disability permanently 🤷

Then I wouldn't have to deal with stupid HR.

ur
furry121 said:
Oof colonoscopys suck... they were like u have to drink all this.

Told my boss I needed the day after because of Anesthesia
Would have me under he was like you'll be fine.
😒

Almost makes me want to stop working newish-old job same shit....
Might as well go on disability permanently 🤷

Then I wouldn't have to deal with stupid HR.
Luc after the colonoscopy I had the next four days off, that’s just how it is anyways for me because I only work two days a week. Definitely needed that next day off because I was still having accidents and went through a few diapers that day. Also, I was just really tired like halfway through the day. At least I know what to expect next time around in a couple of years.

Back