Medication that made you lose control

FudgedInLuvs said:
I have borderline blood pressure, I take lisinopril. Before it I was pretty much dry, nowadays it's a crapshoot especially if the pharmacy uses a different generic, then it's every night for a month to three depending on Rx size
I take the same thing and noticed my urgency is crazy and i am bedwetting a lot worse than i did before i took it.

Reactions: Diprs2
bedwetterdavid said:
Interesting observation. I've experienced similar feelings in that if I had the choice I would actually opt for my bedwetting to be under control. I would much rather wear a diaper "just in case" when I'm really tired, on a long trip, or after sex, rather than every night. It takes away the specialness of it when it's a nightly routine, and you are correct that it's not usually "fun" admitting to a doctor that you're incontinent.
“after sex”? Does having sex have an affect on your bed wetting tendencies? Being celibate since my wife decided she had to have a divorce over three decades ago I haven’t experienced any bed wetting after sex and I didn’t as a teenager either. I quit my bed wetting as a child around age ten and didn’t enter puberty for another year or two so I didn’t notice any nocturnal enuresis resulting from wet dreams or masturbation. My dual incontinence has been a relatively recent occurrence beginning around eight years ago at the age of sixty so I’m not aware of any affect sex has had on my condition. Now that my ex-wife has passed away I’ve been considering looking for a woman who could put up with me and maybe do some research on this matter of my own.

Zeke said:
“after sex”? Does having sex have an affect on your bed wetting tendencies? Being celibate since my wife decided she had to have a divorce over three decades ago I haven’t experienced any bed wetting after sex and I didn’t as a teenager either. I quit my bed wetting as a child around age ten and didn’t enter puberty for another year or two so I didn’t notice any nocturnal enuresis resulting from wet dreams or masturbation. My dual incontinence has been a relatively recent occurrence beginning around eight years ago at the age of sixty so I’m not aware of any affect sex has had on my condition. Now that my ex-wife has passed away I’ve been considering looking for a woman who could put up with me and maybe do some research on this matter of my own.
Only in that I sleep much deeper after sex, and sleeping deeply seems to be the most correlated factor for me.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
bedwetterdavid said:
Only in that I sleep much deeper after sex, and sleeping deeply seems to be the most correlated factor for me.
That makes sense. I believe my adolescent bed wetting had a lot to do with sleeping deeply. With the dual ic that I’m experiencing now sleep has no effect so neither would sex I would guess.

Reactions: Diprs2 and nectar0001
I was warned the linagliptin I take as part of the cocktail of diabetic medication can cause incontinence.

bedwetterdavid said:
I have mild OAB. You're saying marijuana could cause me to wet myself?
Yes. According to some studies, marijuana may increase the risk of overactive bladder symptoms, such as urinary incontinence, urgency, and nocturia1. This may be because marijuana affects the signaling pathways between the brain and the bladder, which regulate the contraction and relaxation of the detrusor muscle that lines the bladder wall. However, some other studies suggest that marijuana extracts may help reduce incontinence episodes in patients with neurogenic conditions, such as multiple sclerosis. The role of cannabinoids, especially CBG (cannabigerol), in influencing bladder function is still under investigation. Therefore, the effects of marijuana on urinary incontinence may depend on various factors, such as dosage, frequency, type of marijuana product, and individual characteristics.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2 and Fleetwoodmac32192
SeniorMan said:
Yes. According to some studies, marijuana may increase the risk of overactive bladder symptoms, such as urinary incontinence, urgency, and nocturia1. This may be because marijuana affects the signaling pathways between the brain and the bladder, which regulate the contraction and relaxation of the detrusor muscle that lines the bladder wall. However, some other studies suggest that marijuana extracts may help reduce incontinence episodes in patients with neurogenic conditions, such as multiple sclerosis. The role of cannabinoids, especially CBG (cannabigerol), in influencing bladder function is still under investigation. Therefore, the effects of marijuana on urinary incontinence may depend on various factors, such as dosage, frequency, type of marijuana product, and individual characteristics.
The federal government listing marijuana as a class 1 drug, a dangerous drug that has no known legitimate medical use, has made many universities and pharmaceutical companies hesitant to even research any possible medical uses for it. They’re afraid of getting on the bad side of those who hand out federal grants (universities) and the FDA (companies) when it comes to getting their new drugs approved in the future will taint them with guilt by association. The federal government has had a real bone on about marijuana ever since the ‘30s.

I've been told be different Dr's that duloxetine would help incontinence, and that it could potentially make it worse, so I take every medication 'warning' with a truck of salt

I used to take some pretty heavy duty meds for bad epileptic seizures and for schizoaffective disorder when I was younger that they thought contributed to my nighttime wetting. I take less powerful drugs now so involuntary wetting is less of a frequent problem now.

Diuretics and other heart meds have been rough at times, but generic Flomax gave me uncontrollable diarrhea Yuk!

duloxetine caused me to be unable to pee at all for 24 hours and then the weakest stream for whole time I was on it, it took forever every time I had to pee.

ativan, gabapentin, seroquel and baclofen, tizanidine (rarely) are my normal meds and don’t have any issues. Must be if you already have problems they can cause a worsening. I do have to pee 3 times at least over night and pee 8-10 times a day, but never really have to hold it so not sure if anything would happen.

magnesium theornate, glycinate and asorbate don’t affect the GI Tract like magnesium oxide or citrate does.

Wetshisbed said:
I was warned the linagliptin I take as part of the cocktail of diabetic medication can cause incontinence.
Cymbalta caused me to be so drugged up did even remember wetting my pants or the bed... had to come off it in hospital fuck that med...

richieboy said:
Diuretics and other heart meds have been rough at times, but generic Flomax gave me uncontrollable diarrhea Yuk!
I had no idea that Tamsulosin (Flowmax) could be the culprit for diarrhea. I have been struggling with diet to control it. I will ask my doctor about an alternative!

Fancypants2001 said:
AGREED. I just discovered the relaxing joys of occasional use of 85% Dab wax. Along with the beer drinking urge incontinence is definitely almost unavoidable. Additionally the feeling of wetting is euphoric.
I have no idea what dab wax is, but MJ and alcohol took away what little control I had and led to regular accidents in high school and college. I don’t do MJ anymore and rarely drink.

slimjiminy said:
I had no idea that Tamsulosin (Flowmax) could be the culprit for diarrhea. I have been struggling with diet to control it. I will ask my doctor about an alternative!
I went back on terasozin (generic hytrin) doing great!

I take Magnesium daily. Last year I spent 3 weeks in the hospital. One of the Doctor's was concerned my Magnesium and so low they dumped a bunch in with all the other IV's. Don't have a problem there. However Truvada one of my HIV meds causes severe diarrhea. When I get stomach cramps I know I have only minutes to find someplace to go which is a problem considering I drive a truck all day. Once the job is done there is leakage for a bit after. One time I got my Dr to call in an Antibiotic with HIV you have no real amune system. Fighting off a simple infection isn't easy. Anyway I've taken most antibiotics. The pharmacy says this Antibiotic can cause diarrhea and my answer to him was well that's not a problem already got that. Nothing new for me. So I know there are meds out there that take away that control. I'm sure you have seen these commercials where they go on and on about what side affects can happen. I always seam see the ones that talk about the bowl leakage going yep been there done that.

mikesecret said:
I used to take some pretty heavy duty meds for bad epileptic seizures and for schizoaffective disorder when I was younger that they thought contributed to my nighttime wetting. I take less powerful drugs now so involuntary wetting is less of a frequent problem now.
hey i got the same diagnosis, on 4 medications, none of them that i know that cause wetting.

richieboy said:
I went back on terasozin (generic hytrin) doing great!
Apparently it's not recommended for those over 65. Hmmm.

slimjiminy said:
Apparently it's not recommended for those over 65. Hmmm.
Well if you read the 20 pages of corporate cop out warnings in big pharma script pamphlets their lawyers make damn sure no one can sue, or at least they try

My script states take at bedtime, and they still warn “ may cause drowsiness”
🤣

Back