Medication that made you lose control

Fancypants2001 said:
AGREED. I just discovered the relaxing joys of occasional use of 85% Dab wax. Along with the beer drinking urge incontinence is definitely almost unavoidable. Additionally the feeling of wetting is euphoric.
I have mild OAB. You're saying marijuana could cause me to wet myself?

Reactions: Diprs2
FudgedInLuvs said:
I have borderline blood pressure, I take lisinopril. Before it I was pretty much dry, nowadays it's a crapshoot especially if the pharmacy uses a different generic, then it's every night for a month to three depending on Rx size
I was on the same medication, but never had me losing control.

diaperlvr19 said:
Hi first time posting. So I’ve been taking Ativan for anxiety and I’ve noticed that when I’m taking it I have periods where I lose bladder control and pee my pants. Has anyone else had issues with medications and if so which medications?
Ativan??? No way! Taking a dose from the doc back in '92 gave me voices in my head within 24 hours...audible voices directed at me. Not fun.

I heard the antidepressant called Anafranil has the common side-effect of giving the user an orgasm every time they yawned or sneezed...in males, that results in ejaculation, of course. 😳🥱😲😖🥴🥰🤭

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
bedwetterdavid said:
I have mild OAB. You're saying marijuana could cause me to wet myself?
No, lol, listen, Incontinence is a real medical condition that people suffering from most certainly aren't happy with - at least all of those I know and have asked about KNOWING I was a DL. They had no love for the pee-pants.

Marijuana for ME just gave me this feeling. IDK how it affects anyone else with respect to wanting to pee themselves. If you take a poll of the average pot-head, I'd probably guarantee they don't piss themselves vs go piss. haha.. :)

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and bedwetterdavid
Fancypants2001 said:
No, lol, listen, Incontinence is a real medical condition that people suffering from most certainly aren't happy with - at least all of those I know and have asked about KNOWING I was a DL. They had no love for the pee-pants.

Marijuana for ME just gave me this feeling. IDK how it affects anyone else with respect to wanting to pee themselves. If you take a poll of the average pot-head, I'd probably guarantee they don't piss themselves vs go piss. haha.. :)
No totally. But I don’t use cannabis much and you had me curious. I don’t want to be incontinent, but the idea of having an accident and needing to wear a diaper as a result is fun.

As an example, I sometimes have to make the drive to a VA hospital an hour away for certain appointments. There’s really no bathrooms for the last 20 minutes of the drive. Then parking is difficult and can take 10 minutes, and then the walk from the parking garage to the hospital…you get the idea.

During Covid the VA added a screening line before you could enter the building. I’ve literally been bursting to pee and been denied entry before, told that I have to wait in line to be screened. I barely made it without wetting my pants right there.

But it made me wonder. If I did have a legit accident, would they help me with a change of clothes? Maybe a hospital gown or disposable scrubs? Would they offer a diaper?

Honestly it’s not something I would do on purpose, but I do enjoy rolling the dice, drinking water on the drive down, and making it a bit exciting as I’m usually desperate by the time I arrive.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and Fancypants2001
Fancypants2001 said:
AGREED. I just discovered the relaxing joys of occasional use of 85% Dab wax. Along with the beer drinking urge incontinence is definitely almost unavoidable. Additionally the feeling of wetting is euphoric.
Yah, but have you noticed how much more enjoyable pot makes urinating, especially in your diaper??? I normally don’t feel a lot when doing so, other than the warmth in my diaper, but pot makes my wetting quite an enjoyable experience. Now pass me the gummies!

BobbiSueEllen said:
Ativan??? No way! Taking a dose from the doc back in '92 gave me voices in my head within 24 hours...audible voices directed at me. Not fun.

I heard the antidepressant called Anafranil has the common side-effect of giving the user an orgasm every time they yawned or sneezed...in males, that results in ejaculation, of course. 😳🥱😲😖🥴🥰🤭
You say that orgasm drug was Anafranil? I think I feel depression coming on!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
bedwetterdavid said:
No totally. But I don’t use cannabis much and you had me curious. I don’t want to be incontinent, but the idea of having an accident and needing to wear a diaper as a result is fun.
I know. I understand. Kink is kink which is why we are here - Right?
bedwetterdavid said:
During Covid the VA added a screening line before you could enter the building.
Ah yes- the additional measures... lol.. I'm a vet also, NOT a participant of the VA System, though.
bedwetterdavid said:
I’ve literally been bursting to pee and been denied entry before, told that I have to wait in line to be screened. I barely made it without wetting my pants right there.
Why don't you just wear? The times I DID participate in my assessment, I as well had a drive, which I certainly padded up. Duh, why not? I changed out upon entering the facility. NBD. Wear a flannel around your waist like you are in 1990.. Bring Back GRUNGE!!
bedwetterdavid said:
But it made me wonder. If I did have a legit accident, would they help me with a change of clothes? Maybe a hospital gown or disposable scrubs? Would they offer a diaper?
You should save this one for a FICTION story bro!! lol.. Also, is that REALLY what you think would happen? Be careful what you wish for!! They might just plug your weener with a catheter!! I'm sure the first thing they would ask is? Where are YOUR extra undergarments? What is your normal procedure? Do you have a caregiver back home to do this? lol.. Then they would probably direct you to the nearest head.
bedwetterdavid said:
Honestly it’s not something I would do on purpose, but I do enjoy rolling the dice, drinking water on the drive down, and making it a bit exciting as I’m usually desperate by the time I arrive.
Well keep enjoying yourself with this. Weed? idk. Just stick with fluids. If you want a pointer for real? Buy baby diapers as a stuffer inside those expensive ABDL diapers. I often add a Luv sz6 to my daily diapering. It lets me wet that one, hot-swap a dry one while not having to saturate the ABDL diaper until I am in an environment where I don't have to worry about a blow-out or embarrassing sag. Again, don't take up smoking pot just because I made that comment. lol. Peace!

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Zeke
Daboi07 said:
When I was little, I would poo my pants because of amoxicillin
Antibiotics can mess up the bacterial balance in your GI track resulting in loose stool or diarrhea.

Reactions: Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
I’ve gone many times diapered. Unfortunately, because I wet the bed and wear them every night, wearing diapers just isn’t that much fun for me anymore. That’s why my fantasies tend to involve an accident, where I have no option but to put a diaper on because I don’t have any spare underwear and I have another long drive to return home.

Realistically, the VA would not give me a catheter because I’m not bedridden. Since my chart says, overactive, bladder, bedwetting, I could easily explain to them that I wasn’t wearing a diaper because I don’t always wear them during the day. My doctor and urologist are both aware that I’ve had accidents on long drives or when I’m stuck in traffic, and I’ve shared with them, that I will occasionally wear a diaper for a long trip, but I typically don’t. So it wouldn’t be a surprise that I had an accident on the way to the hospital.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Fancypants2001 and BobbiSueEllen
Zeke said:
Yah, but have you noticed how much more enjoyable pot makes urinating, especially in your diaper??? I normally don’t feel a lot when doing so, other than the warmth in my diaper, but pot makes my wetting quite an enjoyable experience. Now pass me the gummies!
Yes, that was I was trying to convey. I notice that for sure. yeah. hahah.. yup. Im trying to imagine the feeling and I have to wait until Saturday to give it a whizz! ( pun intended )

Reactions: Diprs2 and Zeke
bedwetterdavid said:
I’ve gone many times diapered. . Since my chart says, overactive, bladder, bedwetting, I could easily explain to them that I wasn’t wearing a diaper because I don’t always wear them during the day. My doctor and urologist are both aware that I’ve had accidents on long drives or when I’m stuck in traffic, and I’ve shared with them, that I will occasionally wear a diaper for a long trip, but I typically don’t. So it wouldn’t be a surprise that I had an accident on the way to the hospital.
Do you claim that for your VA Disability? How do you have it claimed? What is the tie-in to being service connected? Those are real questions I have. Hard to imagine being awarded a claim percentage for that without something like PTSD associated or like suffering trauma to the abdomen. I ask because I wonder how their remedy for those claims would be? I am being serious. But I will entertain.

{ Enuresis } Scheduled nightly alarms to void. Pills. Electroshock padding.
{ Overflow Incont } Adult diapers.

PS, I am not being a wisenheimer - I am being serious.
PSS, If you wear to appointments, what is the concerned discussion from the Doctors?

Reactions: Diprs2 and bedwetterdavid
Fancypants2001 said:
Do you claim that for your VA Disability? How do you have it claimed? What is the tie-in to being service connected? Those are real questions I have. Hard to imagine being awarded a claim percentage for that without something like PTSD associated or like suffering trauma to the abdomen. I ask because I wonder how their remedy for those claims would be? I am being serious. But I will entertain.

{ Enuresis } Scheduled nightly alarms to void. Pills. Electroshock padding.
{ Overflow Incont } Adult diapers.

PS, I am not being a wisenheimer - I am being serious.
PSS, If you wear to appointments, what is the concerned discussion from the Doctors?

Great questions! So the VA provides full health coverage to certain Vets (depends on your rating). You're not limited to just coverage for service-connected disabilities.

When my bedwetting came back I informed my VA Primary Care doctor that I'd been having occasional accidents at night. I told him about my history as a kid, about my accidents in boot camp, and that the incidents were happening more and more now. To my surprise he was really casual about it and told me his daughter was 13 and still wet the bed. He asked me if I would like him to write a prescription for diapers, and of course I accepted. So for the last 6 years or so the VA has been sending me Abena Abriform Premium diapers. They're cloth-backed (not my favorite) but they do the job for a bedwetting diaper.

Over the last few years I've asked them to help me understand why I'm wetting the bed at night, and have met with VA Urologists, a Neurologist, an Endocrinologist, and a Psychologist. They've done sleep studies, blood work, etc. and haven't really identified the cause. They do say that I have a mildly overactive bladder and bladder retention due to a slightly large prostate. So that's causing me to not empty all the way and causing overflow incontinence. But it doesn't explain why I don't wake up when I have to pee. The Neurologist actually thinks its stress related and encouraged me to seek therapy, so now I'm talking to a VA therapist about stress and my bedwetting.

In my experience, once you have OAB, bedwetting, enuresis, or incontinence in your chart, you can wear diapers at any appointment and nobody is going to question you. I've worn diapers for knee xrays that required me to take off my pants, I've worn diapers during skin cancer screenings that required me to disrobe, and it's no big deal. In fact, every VA nurse or doctor I see who looks at my chart sees two things right away:

1. Current medications, which include diapers
2. Current medical conditions, which includes bedwetting, oab, and overflow incontinence

At this point if someone did ask my why I was diapered during the daytime, I would simply explain that they're just a precaution, especially since so many bathrooms are closed due to covid and the VA makes me stand in a long line without using the bathroom.

Reactions: Zeke, Fancypants2001 and Diprs2
The biggest barrier to all of that for years was I was concerned about what my wife would think. But once I accepted that my bedwetting was coming back (no matter how infrequent, it's still bedwetting) I had a talk with her about it and she agreed that diapers were a good precaution. Within months of me being back in diapers my bedwetting increased to 4-5 times a week. But now that she's aware, I don't feel embarrassed about the doctors knowing. It's nice to be able to wear a diaper when I'm at the doctor and not feel ashamed.

Reactions: trefiner and Diprs2
Fancypants2001 said:
I know. I understand. Kink is kink which is why we are here - Right?
Not in the Incontinence Forum.

Your participation in the Incontinence Forum is appreciated, but within the confines of the header at the top of every page within the Incontinence Forum and the two sticky threads at the top of page 1 of the Incontinence Forum.

Reactions: Zeke, hbic60, StoneCrab and 2 others
CheshireCat said:
Not in the Incontinence Forum.
Thanks for setting me straight. I won't stray from serious talk about incontinence in an incontinence forum anymore.

Reactions: Diprs2 and CheshireCat
Fancypants2001 said:
Thanks for setting me straight. I won't stray from serious talk about incontinence in an incontinence forum anymore.
I've pretty much always been DL, but not having control over it is not fun anymore. I had a doctor's appointment today and sat there in a wet pullup because I felt I could stay dry and wouldn't need a proper diaper. I almost cried from embarrasment when I had to let her know that I've been having these issues lately and had a diaper on. Glad she understood the situation. I already tried medication after another doctor prescribed it last year, but there has been no formal diagnosis in my file yet.

As for medications causing wetting, stimulants do that for me. Things like methylphenidate were actually originally derived from diuretic medications so it makes a lot of sense. Drinking coffee has similar effects to other stronger stimulants, but much weaker.

Last edited:
StoneCrab said:
I've pretty much always been DL, but not having control over it is not fun anymore. I had a doctor's appointment today and sat there in a wet pullup because I felt I could stay dry and wouldn't need a proper diaper. I almost cried from embarrasment when I had to let her know that I've been having these issues lately and had a diaper on. Glad she understood the situation. I already tried medication after another doctor prescribed it last year, but there has been no formal diagnosis in my file yet.

As for medications causing wetting, stimulants do that for me. Things like methylphenidate were actually originally derived from diuretic medications so it makes a lot of sense. Drinking coffee has similar effects to other stronger stimulants, but much weaker.

Interesting observation. I've experienced similar feelings in that if I had the choice I would actually opt for my bedwetting to be under control. I would much rather wear a diaper "just in case" when I'm really tired, on a long trip, or after sex, rather than every night. It takes away the specialness of it when it's a nightly routine, and you are correct that it's not usually "fun" admitting to a doctor that you're incontinent.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Wondercrinkee said:
I don't know what sometimes made me have accidents.
I've been diapered 24/7 for nearly two years. I discovered I shouldn't hold my poop trying to get to the potty. I would poop on the floor when I couldn't have it in my rectum and I was removing my diaper. So, I ignore the potty, nearly always pooping in my diaper. I don't consider always using my diaper as a potty to be having accidents. Would you decide to be diapered 24/7?

diaperlvr19 said:
Has anyone else had issues with medications and if so which medications?
These medications can cause urinary incontinence: diuretics, muscle relaxants and sedatives, narcotics, antihistamines, and alpha-adrenergic antagonists. When one takes any of the preceding, one should be diapered 24/7.

Back