Medication that made you lose control

diaperlvr19

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi first time posting. So I’ve been taking Ativan for anxiety and I’ve noticed that when I’m taking it I have periods where I lose bladder control and pre my pants. Has anyone else had issues with medications and if so which medications.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Most people here will take medications to prevent leaks, but i know some psychotropic drugs have got that side effect.

Phenytoin, Prazosin

And there are some medications to relax your pelvic floor, that could end in incontinence as well.

So, your are not alone with that problem for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and GatoChihuahua
I had "water pills" for a while before I was IC (to help manage glucose levels). That nearly put me in diapers right there, as it frequently sent me running to the toilet. My wife who takes water pills and is not IC, complains about close calls.

Reactions: richieboy, Diprs2, TheBob and 1 other person
The medication that made me finally lose control completely was indirect. I was taking the maximum daily dose of gabapentin for fiber myalgia and quit it abruptly which the neurologist I saw believed caused my seizure. Previous to this I had received a cervical spinal injury and had a two level anterior fusion to deal with the issues it caused. This had led to me having limited urinary incontinence and the seizure made it complete as well as adding fecal incontinence. So indirectly the gabapentin could be considered the cause of my dual IC.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: Diprs2, furry121 and (deleted member)
I use some meds that cause me to lose control.I don't have much anyway.

slimjiminy said:
I had "water pills" for a while before I was IC (to help manage glucose levels). That nearly put me in diapers right there, as it frequently sent me running to the toilet. My wife who takes water pills and is not IC, complains about close calls.
Same, I am on a few medications that are linked to increased urine production. Has me running to the restroom far more often than manageable and some days I admit defeat and just wear a diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, GatoChihuahua, Pino and 1 other person
Same, I am on a few medications that are linked to increased urine production. Has me running to the restroom far more often than manageable and some days I admit defeat and just wear a diaper.
Yes, no one would blame you for that. If my doc prescribes me water pills again (for adjusting glucose management), then I'll be wearing diapers (briefs) full-time because that is just impractical.

The only thing that near made me lose control if my bowels was magnesium 400mg. It is common to use that supplement in autistic children to help them function better and ut did help me function better mentally but at the cost of elevated risk of poopy pants.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sport1, Diprs2, GatoChihuahua and 1 other person
I have borderline blood pressure, I take lisinopril. Before it I was pretty much dry, nowadays it's a crapshoot especially if the pharmacy uses a different generic, then it's every night for a month to three depending on Rx size

Reactions: Ohiodiaper88, Diprs2, GatoChihuahua and 1 other person
I am on several medications which have negative effects on both bladder and bowel control.

iam32bit said:
I always have a diaper or during the day training pants.

Reactions: Diprs2
Zeke said:
The medication that made me finally lose control completely was indirect. I was taking the maximum daily dose of gabapentin for fiber myalgia and quit it abruptly which the neurologist I saw believed caused my seizure. Previous to this I had received a cervical spinal injury and had a two level anterior fusion to deal with the issues it caused. This had led to me having limited urinary incontinence and the seizure made it complete as well as adding fecal incontinence. So indirectly the gabapentin could be considered the cause of my dual IC.
Aweful can u sue

furry121 said:
Aweful can u sue
No, it was my misguided decision to abruptly quit the gabapentin so I’m the one responsible for my seizure.

diaperlvr19 said:
I have periods where I lose bladder control.
I take 1 mg of Ativan 3 times a day for anxiety. Because I diaper up 24/7, my loss of bladder control at any time makes no difference.

Allupurinol for Gout started mine. I get intense urinary sensations where I need to find a potty within a minute or two

Reactions: Ohiodiaper88, Diprs2, TheBob and 1 other person
Marijuana (as mentioned earlier) has caused some pretty significant moments of incontinence for me personally. Now that I'm on my other meds I shouldn't be using any kinda psychtropic drug anyways, but when it's happened I never feel the urge to go until it's already happened.
I also used to be on a form of Ambien and instead of getting any good sleep I'd more often than not wake up with a wet bed (plus sleepwalking and then some more extreme stuff. Luckily the bedwetting stayed on the bed for the most part--I did have one time where I woke up and was already attempting to wash my wet bedsheets, but I had been asleep the entire moment until I actually woke up. As nice as it would be to do laundry in my sleep, that counts as operating machinery and meant I was instantly taken off after that, definitely for the better).
I also used to be on Zoloft and that always upset my body a lil too much if I missed a dose.

Reactions: Diprs2, Fancypants2001, GatoChihuahua and 1 other person
SuzakuAkatori said:
The only thing that near made me lose control if my bowels was magnesium 400mg. It is common to use that supplement in autistic children to help them function better and ut did help me function better mentally but at the cost of elevated risk of poopy pants.
how many of those would you have to take for the effect to happen?

LTZRS1 said:
how many of those would you have to take for the effect to happen?
This depends on the person of course, but if you go over 3x400 a day you will get problems, at least i do.
In combination with Oxybutynin i lost control over my bowels. No fun, really.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Back