Is it wrong of me to feel the way I do about having to wear diapers?

Being a Nappy lover for most of my life I almost welcomed my actual bladder ic but was very worried about wearing Nappies full time when out in public, it did not take me long to realise that if I "embrace" it fully it would become so much easier and less worrying, I now have to wear a Nappy full time and am totally at ease with this !
Life hands you incontinence put on a Nappy and enjoy the security comfort and well being feeling.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95, Jim100 and 2 others
Napincolove said:
Being a Nappy lover for most of my life I almost welcomed my actual bladder ic but was very worried about wearing Nappies full time when out in public, it did not take me long to realise that if I "embrace" it fully it would become so much easier and less worrying, I now have to wear a Nappy full time and am totally at ease with this !
Life hands you incontinence put on a Nappy and enjoy the security comfort and well being feeling.
it sure beets feeling like you have been cursed. I just had a talk with my doctor a few hours ago. My Interstitial Cystitis has been super flared the last few months. My family PC wants me to go back to my urologists he said its been 6 years going on 7 since the last time I was scoped. I said I will do a scope if he want's to make sure nothing is new but other than that I don't even care. I lived with this shit so long I am done with all the test and wasting money chasing dry pants. He said I can understand but also said people with IC (Interstitial Cystitis) can be prone to bladder cancer. That and I am close to that age my prostrate is getting large. But I have accepted incontinence for what it is.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, Jim100 and 2 others
I'm profoundly IC. I never share my IC with anyone expect close friends and friends. I'd never share that info with anyone. Why? No reason. I've been IC still a kid. It's not a reason to share. With anyone. Unless you want or need to.

Reactions: Diprs2
greatlake5 said:
I'm profoundly IC. I never share my IC with anyone expect close friends and friends. I'd never share that info with anyone. Why? No reason. I've been IC still a kid. It's not a reason to share. With anyone. Unless you want or need to.
Sorry to hear it is a tough thing for anyone but even worse for a young person, especially a man. I lived it and still am, 45 now.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
AngelKitten said:
Hi. I have legitimately been incontinent, at least partially if not fully, since 2014, due to diabetic neuropathy and high blood sugars, which has affected my bladder and the nerves of my bladder. In addition, I don't completely empty my bladder - I take FLOMAX as a prescription medication to help with that issue. My question is though, I don't feel like having to wear diapers every day to manage my incontinence is a bad thing at all. In fact, I look forward to putting on my diapers every day, and I really like the look and feel of wearing diapers.

I wouldn't want or wish to be incontinent for a million years if I wasn't already. Incontinence can really suck some days - all the cleaning, grooming, preparation, and diaper maintenance every day can often be very tedious and difficult to keep up with. Fortunately, I have a wonderful PCA (personal care attendant) that helps me tons with these day-to-day needs.

Does anyone else who is incontinent also feel this way about having to wear diapers? I think, at least for me, my feelings are my coping mechanism to feel more positive about all the trauma, abuse, and body shame I suffered as a child. I still remember being potty trained as a toddler, and I remember it was quite embarrassing and shaming for me way back when it happened (I was born in 1968, so that was around the early 1970's).

I was just wondering if it's a bad thing to feel so positive/good about having to wear diapers to manage incontinence. I believe that if you have to wear, at least you can wear with some degree of confidence/pride, without feeling ashamed about it. The public can be very cruel, and i think it's nice to know that at least I can go out in public wearing a diaper, and I won't feel so stressed and worried about being "found out." I had a very rare anxiety/panic attack very soon after my incontinence diagnosis around December 2014 abut wearing a diaper in public - it was one of my first times doing so. Since then, however, I have learned to cope very well, and I know securely that no one knows unless I tell them explicitly.

So, what are your thoughts about this? I'd really like to know. Thank you! Be safe...
My wearing diapers is a mixed bag affair. I dealt with incontinence from about 13-22 years of age after my first two back surgeries. Nine total for scoliosis.
But prior to that I was slow being potty trained and mom used diaper punishment from about 3-6 years of age if I had even a small accident.
But the times of diaper punishment provided me a gift and a curse. Being born with severe scoliosis and a club foot I wore a back and foot brace through the eighty grade. I also had the first of eight surgeries as a child at six months of age with extended hospital stays hundreds of miles from my parents.
I seemed to discover a comfort and peace in mom diapering me for punishment. I didn’t realize it until we’ll into adulthood, but I was using mental regression to about eighteen months as a way to cope with all I was dealing with. The physical pain and discomfort of the braces, and the torment of my peers.
When I stopped having accidents, I still desired diapering myself. When mom would discover this she’d always ask me why I was doing it and I could only shrug. Then she’d threaten that next time she’d tell my dad, which ingrained shame into the mix.
So, between my first two back surgeries I was heavily sedated and had a catheter in place. One night a nurse was turning me to prevent bed sores. She got tangled with the covers and all but yanked out the catheter. In about four months I began having trouble with severe urgency, and an ever slowing urine flow. I was in the Shriners hospital for eight months and I began having accidents that I worked very hard to conceal as I thought that if I told the nurses, then they’d tell mom and she might not believe me. But on top of all this there were a few other kids on the ward that were incompetent and needed diapers and I was so envious of them getting diapered by the nurses. It was very confusing and stressful. I learned to manage by drinking little to no fluids anytime that I wouldn’t have a unreal nearby while in the hospital, like when they’d wheel us to a classroom each day, or once I got home I didn’t drink at school and went to the bathroom between every period of class. But at night I’d use bath towels to diaper ax I’d have occasionally accidents, but also found comfort wearing them.
Then, about a year and a half after getting married, (I told my wife I had incontinence issues) that my urine stream was neatly non-existent and finally went to a urologist. I then discovered that my track was closed down because of severe scar tissue due to damage from when the nurse had yanked that catheter about eight years prior. I had to have the entire track reconstructed and wore a large gage catheter for about a month while it healed.
But I began lying to my wife as I really didn’t want to give up wearing diapers at night and the precursors to pull-ups during the day ax I still found great comfort in the regression aspect. I was very confused and felt so alone. I thought, as many have, they were alone in the strange comfort regression provided them. I was in my early 30’s when I first discovered I wasn’t alone in this. Then in 1992 we got our first home computer. But also about that time I came home from work and my wife tells me about the Donahue program about infantilism. But what she described didn’t fit me fully as it was a coping mechanism much more than a sexual related deal. I did more research on this newly discovered thing but became more confused. But one morning, after nearly fourteen years of marriage and two kids, I left a letter for my wife to read that went pretty much ax I shared now. Tragically, that didn’t go well. Her response was to call all our friends and pastor and outed me. This all but destroyed me as a person for nearly ten years.
Then in 1999 I had two more major lumbar back surgeries to help me stand straighter than my original fusions allowed. This left me with moderate incontinence.
But now that I will be receiving an i heralded after losing my parents last year, I’d enjoy some traveling and cruises. But I am uncertain how to manage being able to bring enough diapers with me for 10-14 days away from home.
The loss of my parents, and the process of settling the large farming estate that my parents sadly didn’t plan for at all well, has brought me to a very low point in my life. That, and severe chronic pain is making life difficult right now, and the comfort I got from regression isn’t there.
Sorry for the downer, but your post that seemed to indicate mixed feelings as well caught my attention.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
babyscotty37 said:
My wearing diapers is a mixed bag affair. I dealt with incontinence from about 13-22 years of age after my first two back surgeries. Nine total for scoliosis.
But prior to that I was slow being potty trained and mom used diaper punishment from about 3-6 years of age if I had even a small accident.
But the times of diaper punishment provided me a gift and a curse. Being born with severe scoliosis and a club foot I wore a back and foot brace through the eighty grade. I also had the first of eight surgeries as a child at six months of age with extended hospital stays hundreds of miles from my parents.
I seemed to discover a comfort and peace in mom diapering me for punishment. I didn’t realize it until we’ll into adulthood, but I was using mental regression to about eighteen months as a way to cope with all I was dealing with. The physical pain and discomfort of the braces, and the torment of my peers.
When I stopped having accidents, I still desired diapering myself. When mom would discover this she’d always ask me why I was doing it and I could only shrug. Then she’d threaten that next time she’d tell my dad, which ingrained shame into the mix.
So, between my first two back surgeries I was heavily sedated and had a catheter in place. One night a nurse was turning me to prevent bed sores. She got tangled with the covers and all but yanked out the catheter. In about four months I began having trouble with severe urgency, and an ever slowing urine flow. I was in the Shriners hospital for eight months and I began having accidents that I worked very hard to conceal as I thought that if I told the nurses, then they’d tell mom and she might not believe me. But on top of all this there were a few other kids on the ward that were incompetent and needed diapers and I was so envious of them getting diapered by the nurses. It was very confusing and stressful. I learned to manage by drinking little to no fluids anytime that I wouldn’t have a unreal nearby while in the hospital, like when they’d wheel us to a classroom each day, or once I got home I didn’t drink at school and went to the bathroom between every period of class. But at night I’d use bath towels to diaper ax I’d have occasionally accidents, but also found comfort wearing them.
Then, about a year and a half after getting married, (I told my wife I had incontinence issues) that my urine stream was neatly non-existent and finally went to a urologist. I then discovered that my track was closed down because of severe scar tissue due to damage from when the nurse had yanked that catheter about eight years prior. I had to have the entire track reconstructed and wore a large gage catheter for about a month while it healed.
But I began lying to my wife as I really didn’t want to give up wearing diapers at night and the precursors to pull-ups during the day ax I still found great comfort in the regression aspect. I was very confused and felt so alone. I thought, as many have, they were alone in the strange comfort regression provided them. I was in my early 30’s when I first discovered I wasn’t alone in this. Then in 1992 we got our first home computer. But also about that time I came home from work and my wife tells me about the Donahue program about infantilism. But what she described didn’t fit me fully as it was a coping mechanism much more than a sexual related deal. I did more research on this newly discovered thing but became more confused. But one morning, after nearly fourteen years of marriage and two kids, I left a letter for my wife to read that went pretty much ax I shared now. Tragically, that didn’t go well. Her response was to call all our friends and pastor and outed me. This all but destroyed me as a person for nearly ten years.
Then in 1999 I had two more major lumbar back surgeries to help me stand straighter than my original fusions allowed. This left me with moderate incontinence.
But now that I will be receiving an i heralded after losing my parents last year, I’d enjoy some traveling and cruises. But I am uncertain how to manage being able to bring enough diapers with me for 10-14 days away from home.
The loss of my parents, and the process of settling the large farming estate that my parents sadly didn’t plan for at all well, has brought me to a very low point in my life. That, and severe chronic pain is making life difficult right now, and the comfort I got from regression isn’t there.
Sorry for the downer, but your post that seemed to indicate mixed feelings as well caught my attention.
So sorry to read your sad story and how you have coped for so long. If only people did not judge before they at least tried to understand that most of us have no control over the urges we get both needing a bathroom urgently and also the urges to wear diapers and pull ups.. I injured my back working but did not suffer as long or maybe even as bad as you have. I have had 8 procedures on my back over about 12 or 13 years and now the doctor has told me I am showing signs of Scoliosis that he is keeping and eye on. Years ago I developed over active bladder issues and night wettings. My urologist started me on pills that did not seem to do much and recently he asked if I wanted another pill. I said no, that night diapers are keeping me comfortable and giving me a good nights sleep and I already take many pills day and night for other issues I have so we have left it at that for now. A pretty good night diaper and pull ups for day trips of an hour or longer. Good luck with all your challenges and remember you are not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, babyscotty37 and BobbiSueEllen
babyscotty37 said:
Diaperman95 said:
Yes it is. I hope being a member has helped you some. I have told more people in the last year than I ever had in my life. I talking close friends that never knew it's not like I tell everyone. I just realized that no one in their right mind is going to let piss run down the leg and not use something. None of us asked for this life it was just given to us. If they cant get past it then they are not my friend. I glad your wife accepted it. I was lucky I was 18 when I met my wife and she knew from the second or 3rd date on I had issues. She never had a issue and would even by my supplies when I use to have to buy them in a store pre internet days. Well now she has issues too but not as bad. She uses a lighter pull up. It sure makes it nice when your love ones support you. The fact that you use for real incontinence reasons should help her to understand. I lot of women really get stress incontinence as they get older too. so she should be aware and be sympathetic that it could be her.
You mentioned that in the last year you have told more people about needing to wear diapers. That’s the same for me. Thinking about it, I believe in my case it’s that I’m getting older, 61, and have had a couple other friends struggling due to prostate issues, and cancer.
My PCP though seems to have a strange fixation on my incontinence. I can’t quite explain it, but a few times he’s asked me if I just dribble all day, or how it affects me. Not sure why but I get a strange vib when he asks.
I had a great PCP for twelve years, then he closed his practice to go work at the VA. Being on Medicare makes me a pariah when it comes to finding a new PCP. It took me four months and I only ended up at this clinic because a friend, that also saw my former doctor, had heard this guy was picking up some of his patients as he had worked with him years ago.
Well, enough babbling.

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95, Angelapinks and 1 other person
babyscotty37 said:
You mentioned that in the last year you have told more people about needing to wear diapers. That’s the same for me. Thinking about it, I believe in my case it’s that I’m getting older, 61, and have had a couple other friends struggling due to prostate issues, and cancer.
My PCP though seems to have a strange fixation on my incontinence. I can’t quite explain it, but a few times he’s asked me if I just dribble all day, or how it affects me. Not sure why but I get a strange vib when he asks.
I had a great PCP for twelve years, then he closed his practice to go work at the VA. Being on Medicare makes me a pariah when it comes to finding a new PCP. It took me four months and I only ended up at this clinic because a friend, that also saw my former doctor, had heard this guy was picking up some of his patients as he had worked with him years ago.
Well, enough babbling.
That is pretty much how I ended up with the family doctor I have now, a friend recommended me to him. My previous doctor became a family friend who we were seeing since the early 70's. He got sick twice with Cancer and it finally won and it was so sad to see him go. He had three girls and grandchildren also. He was also the one who recommended my other doctors, Urologist, Rhumatologist, and surgeon for my knee and later Hernia surgery. Our Canadian system is not fault proof and many are having to go to clinics as there is a shortage of doctors. We accept people from all countires and some are qualified in many things but the government does not recognize their credentials so they can practice in Canada.

Reactions: Diprs2 and babyscotty37
SeniorMan said:
I want nothing to do with medical science because how medical professionals want to help me is repugnant. I avoid them whenever possible. So we should inform them of the following. Diapers offer convenience for us regardless of the presence or absence of incontinence. Great diapers are designed for long-term usage by (1) not using any fragrance or chemical causing skin irritation, (2) keeping skin dry by absorbing moisture, (3) having a soft texture that feels good, and 4) providing emotional and psychological comfort to us. Diapers feel comfortable and help with anxiety and stress, making us feel safe and secure. Some have pleasure feeling their diapers get warm and fill up. Some wear adorable diapers. There are numerous reasons for wearing diapers that many cannot fully appreciate until they just put a diaper on. It is like describing the way something tastes. We can describe many things related to it, but there is nothing like tasting something to appreciate it fully. Diapers are something at which some do not want to look. However, if we make them attractive, then people can learn about them more easily. Consider diapers as fashion.

From
https://diaperwiki.com/blogs/news/why-diapers-are-so-comfortable
Very well said! Thank you.

Reactions: babyscotty37
babyscotty37 said:
Well, enough babbling.
I am 46 but it is funny because many of my good friends are early 60's late 50's. I few of them are having issues now. My dad included. He just spent 3 weeks with a catheter.

I hate finding new doctors, Some of them are only in it for the money and could careless about us. The good ones are hard to find and when you do find them half the time the insurance companies have their hands tied so they cant give the treatment they want to give. I was lucky to find my family doctor. He as was a old oilfield worker that decided to go back to school and become a doctor about 15 years ago. He is in his late 50's but he is amazing. I can not even describe how great he is at making sure you understand what he is saying and vise versa. He has set on the end of my hospital bed and spent two hours with me just going over things a few times. The only thing that sucks is he is always behind when you go see him. If I have a 1:00 it might be 2 before he gets to me. But I do not care or get upset because plenty of times he spent 45min or more going over test and taking care of me. Plus he use to work for a doctor during his residency that was a chiropractor as well as a family doctor. He is Amazing at adjustments and message therapy. All I have to do is make my appointment the last of the day so we are not taking up every ones time and he is always happy to adjust me. He has never been judgmental to me in any way. He feels so bad for me because no one can figure out what is going on in my body that is tearing me up. But I have been with him about 12 years now and he has seen my health go down hill and all the hospital stays I have had. So he treats me pretty good. He is one of those doctors that no matter what test I have done he calls me personally to tell me the results good or bad every time. If I call Tuesday morning and needed to be seen he would work me in or get me in first thing Wednesday. So I have no complaints there.

Reactions: Diprs2, babyscotty37, Angelapinks and 1 other person
AngelKitten said:
Thank you for the kind words. When my doctor first prescribed, it was for pull-ups, which simply don't work for me. I think the public and the medical community both need people to educate them as to what our needs truly are. There is a too-often negative perception of adult diapers in public. Yet, at least for me, they are the only things that work to manage my heavy full voids that I experience daily.
I totally agree. I had bladder issues all my life, mostly minor leaks. All the way through school and then at college I would wear the "minimum" level of protection. I'm a sixties kid, so in school it was close-fitting plastic pants with some form of pad in the crotch, and then things like pull ups and "discrete" pads came on the scene.
The thing was, though, that through the years I kinda became attached to (and grew to love) the feeling of bulk between my legs and being "sealed in".
So many years ago I decided to just use diapers. And as soon as I did, I became a more relaxed and productive person. No more worrying about whether my protection would be sufficient, less stress about changing frequently, etc.
For many years I have been diapered 24/7. Because I have relaxed into that status, my leaking has become worse, but I'm OK with that... I have it covered (literally!!) :)

Reactions: Diprs2, babyscotty37 and BobbiSueEllen
Diaperman95 said:
I am 46 but it is funny because many of my good friends are early 60's late 50's. I few of them are having issues now. My dad included. He just spent 3 weeks with a catheter.

I hate finding new doctors, Some of them are only in it for the money and could careless about us. The good ones are hard to find and when you do find them half the time the insurance companies have their hands tied so they cant give the treatment they want to give. I was lucky to find my family doctor. He as was a old oilfield worker that decided to go back to school and become a doctor about 15 years ago. He is in his late 50's but he is amazing. I can not even describe how great he is at making sure you understand what he is saying and vise versa. He has set on the end of my hospital bed and spent two hours with me just going over things a few times. The only thing that sucks is he is always behind when you go see him. If I have a 1:00 it might be 2 before he gets to me. But I do not care or get upset because plenty of times he spent 45min or more going over test and taking care of me. Plus he use to work for a doctor during his residency that was a chiropractor as well as a family doctor. He is Amazing at adjustments and message therapy. All I have to do is make my appointment the last of the day so we are not taking up every ones time and he is always happy to adjust me. He has never been judgmental to me in any way. He feels so bad for me because no one can figure out what is going on in my body that is tearing me up. But I have been with him about 12 years now and he has seen my health go down hill and all the hospital stays I have had. So he treats me pretty good. He is one of those doctors that no matter what test I have done he calls me personally to tell me the results good or bad every time. If I call Tuesday morning and needed to be seen he would work me in or get me in first thing Wednesday. So I have no complaints there.
My family doctor was just like that in that he would spend as much time as you needed to fix or explain your problem and what to do about it. He was always quick to find a specialist that could help better than himself if needed. he would often look up books for me to read about an issue I was having to help me deal with things. Yes he was always behind also because he made sure you were taken care of before moving on to the next patient. Over the years he became a family friend.

Wearing diapers has always left me with mixed feelings....love for them because of the security and comfort they provide but still some lingering embarrassment after all of these years.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp, joemama and 4 others
schooner said:
Wearing diapers has always left me with mixed feelings....love for them because of the security and comfort they provide but still some lingering embarrassment after all of these years.
I understand that well. But I finally am starting to realize the only one that really cares I wear diapers is me. Not anyone of the judgmental haters would let piss or poop run down their leg. They would do the same thing as me. I wear glasses and hearing aids too. As I always say... It is what it is!

Reactions: Diprs2, joemama and BobbiSueEllen
when I became incontinent after my accident I went through the stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance

Reading this i looked up FLOMAX and found I had been taking it for a couple of years under its drug name tamsulosin.
I have BPH along with small fiber neuropathy and nerve damage due to surgery plus diabetes.
And now wonder if some other problems i have are side effects. I wore diapers till 12 for bed wetting and have wore for fun and convenience the rest of my life.
So this now having to wear is no concern and is just more fun.

Last edited:
anned said:
Reading this i looked up FLOMAX and found I had been taking it for a couple of years under its drug name tamsulosin.
I have BPH along with small fiber neuropathy and nerve damage due to surgery plus diabetes.
And now wonder if some other problems i have are side effects. I wore diapers till 12 for bed wetting and have wore for fun and convenience the rest of my life.
So this now having to wear is no concern and is just more fun.

Flomax can cause a lot of symptoms. I take it too I am going to talk to the doctor about it myself. That and I recently started taking Crestor for cholesterol. Now I am having some really bad neurological issues. You are damned if yo do and damned if you don't!!

• Sad
Diaperman95 said:
Flomax can cause a lot of symptoms. I take it too I am going to talk to the doctor about it myself. That and I recently started taking Crestor for cholesterol. Now I am having some really bad neurological issues. You are damned if yo do and damned if you don't!!
After a discussion with my urologist, I am now going off of Tamsulosin (Flomax) for a while to see if my flow remains ok. I can't stand the nasal drip that it causes me daily. I'll still be taking the Finasteride however.

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95 and BobbiSueEllen
Diaperman95 said:
I too am taking Tamsulosin for a few years now I will review this with my doctor in the spring. This year when asked about it he recommended another drug along with what I am taking now. I refused as I am taking way too many pills these days and want to find some natural meds that will work instead.

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95 and BobbiSueEllen
Diaperman95 said:
I myself am on Tamsulosin and Finasteride.
Been on these medications for years now.
In diapers/pull-ups during the day.
External condom cathetered at night.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Diaperman95
Back