Is it wrong of me to feel the way I do about having to wear diapers?

Angelapinks said:
I too am taking Tamsulosin for a few years now I will review this with my doctor in the spring. This year when asked about it he recommended another drug along with what I am taking now. I refused as I am taking way too many pills these days and want to find some natural meds that will work instead.
I understand that. I hate to even admit how many scripts I am on. Every time I turn around they want to add another.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
slimjiminy said:
After a discussion with my urologist, I am now going off of Tamsulosin (Flomax) for a while to see if my flow remains ok. I can't stand the nasal drip that it causes me daily. I'll still be taking the Finasteride however.
Nope. I can't stay off of it-- my flow suffered too much. I'm back on both Tansulosin and Finasteride but at least my flow has been restored. I'm getting my PSA tested again, just to keep an eye on things.

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95 and Angelapinks
slimjiminy said:
Nope. I can't stay off of it-- my flow suffered too much. I'm back on both Tansulosin and Finasteride but at least my flow has been restored. I'm getting my PSA tested again, just to keep an eye on things.
Is that why my never stops.

Diaperman95 said:
Is that why my never stops.
Do you mean nasal drip or something else? I know that the sinus drip is a side-effect. I otherwise have pretty dry/normal sinuses.

Diaperman95 said:
Best thing to do is worry about you Unless you like to wear a speedo on the outside with no pants then very few people will even notice. The ones that I think might have noticed never say a word. Most people have some kind of respect in them. Though many moons ago ack n the late 90s early 2000s I bought some diapers from a walgreens. the checker a 18 yr old at best said cool are you like a Ab /Dl or something . I said what because I honest to god was clueless what she meant. She didn't want to explain but I made her and she was the real embarrassed when she told me what they mean. I said my bladder doesn't hold pee very well. This is my life nothing more. I said I never heard of so much nonsense. They are certainly not for fun. She and I was both red and ready to leave. I said to myself what the hell is wrong with people and never came back to that store. I almost called the store and asked for a manager but "I figure she would never ask that again. as red as she was so no since in trying to get her fired. I had to come home and look up what a abdl is. That is how I became informed on what a abdl is. But I have been wearing since the 90's pretty much every single day. In almost 30 years of use I only have 2 or 3 stories of someone saying something or being rude like that. Most the time people just don't care. I have had nurses ask me to put a gown on and see the diaper and never even ask about it because it had nothing to do with why I was at the ER. Tuesday my doctor cut a huge mole out of my butt cheek that he was worried might be cancerous so we cut it out and sent it to a lab. (SO any god fearing men or women want to say a prayer it comes back negative I would appreciate it) my doctor new I used diapers but his nurse is kinda new and didn't even ask me a thing Most people have the respect to know it could be a sensitive subject and leave it alone. High school is way different of course but thank god it does'nt last forever.
Wow 😆 I know I suck at grammar, But I must have been smoking Oklahoma's finest last year when I wrote this. 🤣 Oh well people got the point I guess.

Reactions: Diprs2
slimjiminy said:
So the doctor just took me off of Flomax as well. That Crestor shit for cholesterol too.
Not sure what is going on but on the 12th I was having bad bad flank pain both sides. So I reach back and karate chopped my kidney firm not hard just below the ribs. Wow it hurt bad. I knew I was in trouble and I let a infection get to my kidney. I was running a fever and just felt bad all over and all my joints was hurting everywhere. I was going to call my doctor the next morning to get in and get on some antibiotics.
This is around 6 or so while fixing supper. By 10 I was so dizzy I could not walk. So off to the ER. Long story short a Bad Kidney infection with blood in my urine and all that good stuff. My white cells count was up too so they gave me IV antibiotics and fluids. But my blood pressure was down too and that was what made me so dizzy. So they sent me home on antibiotics. I am so glad my daughter made me go to the ER...As it could have really taken off as it has in the past. I have had blood stream sepsis several times from kidney infection and been deathly ill in the hospital. I was trying to avoid and that is what I told the doctor for why I was there. But they was worried about my BP, the last few weeks I keep getting dizzy and horrible memory fog. Of course My BP cuff died so I had not been checking it. Then two days later the hospital called and asked how I was doing. She then told me my blood culture had shown the start of a staph infection. So anyway fast forward a week I was getting to about the end of the script of antibiotics. So Monday I followed up with my doctor. He checked my BP and it was 84/54. I mean I felt like I was high and dizzy. I never had Low BP issues in the past So he Cut the Flow max reduced my BP med by half and stopped the cholesterol meds I was taking. He also did a UA and it was still a trace of infection and had blood in it. So he give me a different wider spectrum antibiotic for 2 weeks. I have to follow up with him next Friday. My BP is still up and down. But I am going to give it a trial go without it. We will see I guess?

The damn Interstitial cystitis I have makes it a real hard time telling if it is a infection or just a flare. But I hope to stay off the stuff if I can. I think I am going to have to go back to my urologists too. I have not been scoped since Feb 2015. With having the IC they like to scope me every 3 to 5 years as it makes me a higher risk for cancer. I also have to self cath daily and the tip of my wee wee has a noticeable stricture. I cant even get a normal 16 French tube in unless it is coude tip. It has a hard spot right at the tip of it too, and my stream when I do not use the diaper goes in two different ways. So I know I am going to have to have that fixed soon. I am going to ask if he can open up my prostrate and bladder so It drains better. What is the worse thing that can happen? I am already incontinent and he is going to have to remove strictures anyway. I Have had to have strictures removed twice in the past. I am sick of using a tube to empty out all the way as my bladder always retains some. I am already content with diapers and he knows this well. The IC just makes these urges so painful too. But mostly I am seriously worried one of these days these kidney infections are going to kill me!

Sorry kind of a long story just to say he dropped my flow max too. To bad you could no do with out.

Diaperman95 said:
So the doctor just took me off of Flomax as well. That Crestor shit for cholesterol too.
... The IC just makes these urges so painful too. But mostly I am seriously worried one of these days these kidney infections are going to kill me!
Wow. I hope you get things sorted out swiftly. Kidneys are critical.
Diaperman95 said:
Too bad you could no do with out.
Compared to others like yourself, I really don't have a right to complain.

slimjiminy said:
Wow. I hope you get things sorted out swiftly. Kidneys are critical.

Compared to others like yourself, I really don't have a right to complain.
You got a lot going on too. I read your post. I feel bad for everyone with health issues or that are truly effected by bladder and bowel IC. But I also find comfort in reading everyone's post. It makes me feel better to know that others understand some of my daily struggles even if not the exact same. I have not had any blood sugar issues but I know you do and I can relate to the stress of that. Having to change diet and watch what you eat. I know we talked about my gastroparesis once if memory serves and it is something diabetics can develop. This is my therapy as I really do not discuss my health with many of my friends. So by all means please bitch! 😆 We can all lean on each other. This is a great bunch people.

Reactions: Diprs2 and BobbiSueEllen
Diaperman95 said:
You got a lot going on too. I read your post. I feel bad for everyone with health issues or that are truly effected by bladder and bowel IC. But I also find comfort in reading everyone's post. It makes me feel better to know that others understand some of my daily struggles even if not the exact same.
That's kind of you. I do learn a lot from other's struggles as well.
Diaperman95 said:
I have not had any blood sugar issues but I know you do and I can relate to the stress of that. Having to change diet and watch what you eat. I know we talked about my gastroparesis once if memory serves and it is something diabetics can develop. This is my therapy as I really do not discuss my health with many of my friends. So by all means please bitch! 😆 We can all lean on each other. This is a great bunch people.
What really bugs me most is watching what I eat and drink (coffee). My wife can have a nice full sized ice-cream cone or Dairy Queen sundae. I'd love to do the same. The best I can do is make this really miniature Ice cream cone (with a mini-cone) with maybe two table spoons of ice cream stuffed into it. And still, I end up with higher than I should glucose readings the next day. Diapers suck, but losing out on good food like ice-cream and molasses and pecan butter tarts suck way more! I could eat a tray of butter tarts right now, but if I did, I'd quickly be going blind, seriously. Yes, it gets me bitching, so best not get me started... 😫

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95, Angelapinks and 1 other person
AngelKitten said:
Hi. I have legitimately been incontinent, at least partially if not fully, since 2014, due to diabetic neuropathy and high blood sugars, which has affected my bladder and the nerves of my bladder. In addition, I don't completely empty my bladder - I take FLOMAX as a prescription medication to help with that issue. My question is though, I don't feel like having to wear diapers every day to manage my incontinence is a bad thing at all. In fact, I look forward to putting on my diapers every day, and I really like the look and feel of wearing diapers.

I wouldn't want or wish to be incontinent for a million years if I wasn't already. Incontinence can really suck some days - all the cleaning, grooming, preparation, and diaper maintenance every day can often be very tedious and difficult to keep up with. Fortunately, I have a wonderful PCA (personal care attendant) that helps me tons with these day-to-day needs.

Does anyone else who is incontinent also feel this way about having to wear diapers? I think, at least for me, my feelings are my coping mechanism to feel more positive about all the trauma, abuse, and body shame I suffered as a child. I still remember being potty trained as a toddler, and I remember it was quite embarrassing and shaming for me way back when it happened (I was born in 1968, so that was around the early 1970's).

I was just wondering if it's a bad thing to feel so positive/good about having to wear diapers to manage incontinence. I believe that if you have to wear, at least you can wear with some degree of confidence/pride, without feeling ashamed about it. The public can be very cruel, and i think it's nice to know that at least I can go out in public wearing a diaper, and I won't feel so stressed and worried about being "found out." I had a very rare anxiety/panic attack very soon after my incontinence diagnosis around December 2014 abut wearing a diaper in public - it was one of my first times doing so. Since then, however, I have learned to cope very well, and I know securely that no one knows unless I tell them explicitly.

So, what are your thoughts about this? I'd really like to know. Thank you! Be safe...
why Feel bad for needing to wear a diaper, when you are incontinent? I don’t feel bad about me wearing diapers to handle my incontinence, i would rather that, than have to deal with wet pants.

in a sense I do “love” my diapers, I have grown to like the feeling of the diaper between my legs, because that feeling let’s me know I’m well protected, and I feel secure that if an accident happens, it’s no big deal. My diaper will handle it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Kellycares, diaperedwetter and 3 others
slimjiminy said:
That's kind of you. I do learn a lot from other's struggles as well.

What really bugs me most is watching what I eat and drink (coffee). My wife can have a nice full sized ice-cream cone or Dairy Queen sundae. I'd love to do the same. The best I can do is make this really miniature Ice cream cone (with a mini-cone) with maybe two table spoons of ice cream stuffed into it. And still, I end up with higher than I should glucose readings the next day. Diapers suck, but losing out on good food like ice-cream and molasses and pecan butter tarts suck way more! I could eat a tray of butter tarts right now, but if I did, I'd quickly be going blind, seriously. Yes, it gets me bitching, so best not get me started... 😫
My wife wants to go eat out a lot and because I just don’t eat a lot due to my tummy issues. We go out to eat at a local mom and pop home cooking place. she gets this huge chicken fry and all the trimmings or a grilled chicken or stake dinner with fried squash that I love. I get a damn grilled cheese or a single fillet of grilled fish no sides because it digest easy. Then I set and Nibble when she pigs out. Or I be on the couch throwing up my guts for two days and she is next to me eating a pizza she had delivered. 😫 So I get that.
But my stomach is not near as bad as I was before my surgery in December but Still most days only eat one meal a day and fix a plate and eat about 1/3 to a half and wait a hour or two and reheat it to finish it. Some times i reheat it 3 times. So I don’t over load my stomach. But sometimes I feel well enough to eat a real meal. Just not often.
She still eats some sweets too. But I have to bitch at her because she is a diabetic for a little over a year and takes a pill. She is Native American and that shit runs high in her family. Every time I see someone in a wheelchair with one leg I point it out to her and just say keep eating the sweats and that is your future. I know that sounds mean but damn. Her cousin had both her legs taken by age 55 and passed a little over 5 years later. . She is finally cutting back now and starting to get it but loves her soda pop.

Diapers are easy compared to everything else. Just expensive. But I’m pretty comfortable in my diapers. I can not even remember what underwear feels like. 😆. But I do have to say after waking up with poop in my pants again today! I am not a fan of pooping in them but it is becoming a more common occurrence. So suck it up buttercup and get use to it I am telling my self. Like a say it is what it is.

We are alive and still mobile. I have a grand baby on the way. So I have a lot to live for.

Diaperman95 said:
My wife wants to go eat out a lot and because I just don’t eat a lot due to my tummy issues. We go out to eat at a local mom and pop home cooking place. she gets this huge chicken fry and all the trimmings or a grilled chicken or stake dinner with fried squash that I love. I get a damn grilled cheese or a single fillet of grilled fish no sides because it digest easy. Then I set and Nibble when she pigs out. Or I be on the couch throwing up my guts for two days and she is next to me eating a pizza she had delivered. 😫 So I get that.
I guess you would!

Pizza is something I can barely stomach any more. I can't eat a pizza with just cheese (doubled or not) and pepperoni. I've just got so sick of pizza over the years. If you add some pineapple and maybe green pepper trimmings, I can eat a little bit. And some pizzas have dreadful tomato sauce. Bleuch.

We have His 'n Her meals because we each have our dietary restrictions. It just bugs me that sugary stuff is not her issue, so she can enjoy the things I can't. But she doesn't flaunt or bug me about it. She eats a vegetable-like "healthy" stuff to postpone her liver disease issues (long story, but not alcohol related). I just can't eat from that palette.
Diaperman95 said:
She still eats some sweets too. But I have to bitch at her because she is a diabetic for a little over a year and takes a pill. She is Native American and that shit runs high in her family. Every time I see someone in a wheelchair with one leg I point it out to her and just say keep eating the sweats and that is your future. I know that sounds mean but damn. Her cousin had both her legs taken by age 55 and passed a little over 5 years later. . She is finally cutting back now and starting to get it but loves her soda pop.
She best take it seriously. Amputations are one thing for sure. But there is blindness and kidney failure also. Balance issues and heart disease. And not to mention that she may be headed to incontinence as well. One day those grilled chicken or steak dinners may lead to F-IC. Does she know that? Does she smoke? Smoking combined with diabetes is a death wish. I quit smoking in '87 -- hardest thing I ever did!!

Early in diabetes, it is easy to not take it seriously. But this catches up with you over time. Pretty soon, one thing after another starts to fail or shuts down. Native Americans, as you say, are affected big time too.

Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95 and BobbiSueEllen
slimjiminy said:
I guess you would!

Pizza is something I can barely stomach any more. I can't eat a pizza with just cheese (doubled or not) and pepperoni. I've just got so sick of pizza over the years. If you add some pineapple and maybe green pepper trimmings, I can eat a little bit. And some pizzas have dreadful tomato sauce. Bleuch.

We have His 'n Her meals because we each have our dietary restrictions. It just bugs me that sugary stuff is not her issue, so she can enjoy the things I can't. But she doesn't flaunt or bug me about it. She eats a vegetable-like "healthy" stuff to postpone her liver disease issues (long story, but not alcohol related). I just can't eat from that palette.

She best take it seriously. Amputations are one thing for sure. But there is blindness and kidney failure also. Balance issues and heart disease. And not to mention that she may be headed to incontinence as well. One day those grilled chicken or steak dinners may lead to F-IC. Does she know that? Does she smoke? Smoking combined with diabetes is a death wish. I quit smoking in '87 -- hardest thing I ever did!!

Early in diabetes, it is easy to not take it seriously. But this catches up with you over time. Pretty soon, one thing after another starts to fail or shuts down. Native Americans, as you say, are affected big time too.
I cant do all veggies either. I mean I like some but not all the time. That and the gastroparesis stuff high fiber is the enemy. On the positive note it gives me a real reason not to eat broccoli and brussel sprouts. 😆 😂🤣 But a lot of raw fruits are high fiber too.. It also makes IBS suck not being able to fiber up.
Lots of other reasons for liver disease too. So I would not of assumed the worse. I love pineapple too but not with tomato sauce.

Diabetes will wreck a lot of things. I have seen lots of her kin folk go through dialysis, toes and leg amputation and more including IC, both ways. My Mother died Parkinson's and had diabetes too. She lost most all of her vision the last 5or 6 years of her life. She could see shapes and some colors but that was it. Very sad because she was a book worm too. But wife has been through rectal cancer and has a ostomy and had back surgery and way more herself and due to a lot of that about a year or so ago she asked if she could use one of my pull ups because her pads was not catching all of her little squirts. She is healthier than me now, but we both train wrecks. 😆 She been using pull ups ever since. She tried some of the cheap ladies underwear looking ones and said that she felt far more secure in my Seni pullup. So we both in diapers but she wants nothing to do with a plastic back tab style. At least not yet. One thing she has going is she does not have to ever worry about and that Bowel IC. She has had her ostomy now over 22 years and she adapted to it in less than a month after having it and never looked back. I wish she would do the same with her diet. She knows the consequences she just does not want to admit she can't eat what she wants anytime she wants anymore. But She is working on it. I just do not want her to go on the needle anytime soon. She is and has always been the love of my life. We stuck with each other through some of the worse things people can go through and we have TURE unconditional love. I have been in Diapers since we met.

Diaperman95 said:
I wish she would do the same with her diet. She knows the consequences she just does not want to admit she can't eat what she wants anytime she wants anymore. But She is working on it. I just do not want her to go on the needle anytime soon. She is and has always been the love of my life. We stuck with each other through some of the worse things people can go through and we have TURE unconditional love. I have been in Diapers since we met.
Sounds for the most part she has it under control. I get the denial of "can't eat" part. As for 'the needle', it isn't that bad depending on your regimen. I take one slow acting injection of insulin before bed each night in addition to daily meds. And the needle is not some scary looking thing but is like a pen these days, where you just dial up your dose. Hoping the best for both of you.

slimjiminy said:
Sounds for the most part she has it under control. I get the denial of "can't eat" part. As for 'the needle', it isn't that bad depending on your regimen. I take one slow acting injection of insulin before bed each night in addition to daily meds. And the needle is not some scary looking thing but is like a pen these days, where you just dial up your dose. Hoping the best for both of you.
Thank you. To be honest I had a bad night tonight and ended up in the ER. Just so I am not abusing this post to bad I will say this part first. I worn my diaper into the ER proudly. I had to get a couple of shots in the hip of Toradol and a muscle relaxant. SO FREAKING glad I worn a white Mega Max tonight and not the pink one I had on earlier. The male nurse asked me to role over and drop my shorts. He never said a word about it. As he was finishing up I said sorry you had to see my diaper I have a lot of bladder and bowel issues. He goes "Ahh that happens". Like he never even thought about it. Most nurses I have seen never say anything to me, and I have had plenty of shots. To be honest I was more worried about the fact that I forgot and carried my firearm in on my hip. 😅 I apologized for that too when puling my pants up. I said I am sorry I carried that in here on my hip, I totally forgot I had it. He said what your Wallet? I said no I forgot and carried a firearm into the ER. He laughed and said I did not even notice. 😅 I do not know how he missed it to be honest but glad he was cool about it.. I have been to the ER a lot in diapers but I never wear anything but white to doctors or hospitals. But you never know when you going to end up in the ER.
Now to why I was there... I was bowling and having a good night too. I had just rolled a strike in all but one out of the first 9 frames. Then on the 10th my leg buckled first ball and I left the ten pin. I went to pick it up and my calf was real stiff after that and I missed. I ended up rolling a 248. I thought something then was not right, but stupidity prevailed. I rolled 5 more frames in next game and was doing good too. But it kept getting tighter in the calf. I told the spouse I might have them take me out the next game as it was league and our team was in first. Then frame six and as I went to slide something in my calf ripped. Extreme pain and my leg went out from under me I dropped my ball. I caught my self on the other but I felt tendons or something fly from the bottom of my calf to the bend of my knee. Oh it hurt so damn bad. Now I cant bend my foot with out horrible pain and can not put any weight on it. I have a huge knot on the back of my calf already and it is swelling up good. So I will be on crutches for a week at least. If it was not a bad tear and heals. But the way I felt that go up my leg I think I will be seeing a ortho next week. I had just seen the rheumatologist today and told him my joints and muscles was tight. They did lots of blood work and xrays of multiple joints. But damn it I did not need this. So throw some prayers this away for Diaperman95.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, slimjiminy and 1 other person
Makes sense to me. Your decision is rational as your budget allows. Your fighting it isn’t helping. Rest assured when you’re finally at peace with it, you’ll enjoy that peace immensely. Go for it!

Flowmax makes me feel like crap. I can’t tolerate it myself.

huggiesthick said:
Makes sense to me. Your decision is rational as your budget allows. Your fighting it isn’t helping. Rest assured when you’re finally at peace with it, you’ll enjoy that peace immensely. Go for it!

Flowmax makes me feel like crap. I can’t tolerate it myself.
As for me, I am popping both FLOMAX and PROSCAR every day.
Plus a Dieuretic.

Totally uncontrollably wetting and pooping myself into a diaper instead of the toilet is normal for me and okay.
My bladder and bowel are not under my conscious control.
This is the way it has been for decades.
I pee and poop when my body needs to pee and poop without any conscious inhibitions.
100% natural.
No worries about "holding it all in" desperately trying to find a bathroom.

• Wow
Proscar and Flomax are both different class meds and work differently. I might talk to the Doctor about trying it or one of the others.

Diaperman95 said:
Proscar and Flomax are both different class meds and work differently. I might talk to the Doctor about trying it or one of the others.
Proscar (aka Finasteride) and Flowmax (Tamsulosin) were prescribed together for me. The urologist told me that I needed them both. The Finasteride's purpose is hormone related to prevent enlargement of the prostate. Tamsulosin causes your blood pressure to drop, which helps to relax the prostate to increase your flow.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, Pino and 1 other person
Back