How many friends that know you're IC?

CptKirk said:
IF you don't go on this trip, trust me, you're going to regret it for the rest of your life. Before too long, people are going to learn of your issues one way or the other. In 20 years, like me, you'll most likely be so used to them that it's second nature and you rarely think about this as an issue and all of your family and close friends will know of it anyway...AS WELL AS every medical professional you're under the care of.
I have to agree that I'll regret not going and I have decided to go. Who knows, it might be my last real "vacation". It is challenging to pack for as my bag is so full of IC supplies, that I'll be travelling light on clothing. Grin and bear it!

• Love
Reactions: CptKirk
slimjiminy said:
I have to agree that I'll regret not going and I have decided to go. Who knows, it might be my last real "vacation". It is challenging to pack for as my bag is so full of IC supplies, that I'll be travelling light on clothing. Grin and bear it!
Like I said...live with no regrets! I only wish I learned that a year earlier than I did! Friends discovering you live with IC is nothing to fear. Friends are friends and in a number of cases (for me at least, and I suspect for MANY others) FAMILY! You almost certainly are far more afraid of experiencing the worst case scenario, and with friends, that's *almost* a non-existent threat. Trust me...I ALWAYS thought this would be a social death sentence. It has barely been a speed bump on what's been a long road thus far.

CptKirk

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
CptKirk said:
Like I said...live with no regrets! I only wish I learned that a year earlier than I did! Friends discovering you live with IC is nothing to fear. Friends are friends and in a number of cases (for me at least, and I suspect for MANY others) FAMILY! You almost certainly are far more afraid of experiencing the worst case scenario, and with friends, that's *almost* a non-existent threat. Trust me...I ALWAYS thought this would be a social death sentence. It has barely been a speed bump on what's been a long road thus far.

CptKirk
I agree with the statement about friends. I recently told my three closest friends that I’m IC, and even that I like wearing them. They took it in stride and nothing changed.

Reactions: CptKirk and Wetshisbed
Only my medical notes wife and kids know of my ic, I would like to think that no one else knows and hopefully doesn't even suspect.

Back