How many friends that know you're IC?

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Aside my family I have several close friends that know I'm IC. And I actually have a colleague that knows. He had prostate surgery and he's also IC. I don't share this information unless it's really necessary. When I was younger in school there was almost everyone knew. It's kind of difficult to keep that kind of secret. One of my good friends has known since we were kids. And another after college suspected and finally asked me. Since he was a close friend I told him. He said he was glad that I trusted him. I think most IC people don't like telling anyone. Especially to casual friends. How many friends that know you're IC?

Reactions: incontinente, StarWars7, Neroforte and 3 others
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
How many friends that know you're IC?
None.

Reactions: Neroforte and richieboy
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Aside my family I have several close friends that know I'm IC. And I actually have a colleague that knows. He had prostate surgery and he's also IC. I don't share this information unless it's really necessary. When I was younger in school there was almost everyone knew. It's kind of difficult to keep that kind of secret. One of my good friends has known since we were kids. And another after college suspected and finally asked me. Since he was a close friend I told him. He said he was glad that I trusted him. I think most IC people don't like telling anyone. Especially to casual friends. How many friends that know you're IC?
None

Reactions: Neroforte, sledder23 and FLsolarSparky02
I have one friend who knows from university because he found them in my cupboard, when he was getting clothes before picking me up from hospital and everything was stored with my clothes. The conversation went something along the the lines of:
"So there was some stuff in there"
*he interrupted*
"yeah I saw"

That was years ago, and it's never been mentioned again, people shouldn't care, and if they do, that's a 'them problem', not a 'you problem'

• Haha
Reactions: sledder23, IcyBlue and littlefun
Only one friend knows and has never said anything about it other than pics of anime with similar kinks included.

Reactions: TeddyBunny
My ex knows and I recently told a friend that I knew in school that I recently reconnected with that I had night time accidents. He even asked if I had to wear diapers to school because he had seen me changing my pullups since he was also in special education classes with me.

Reactions: StarWars7 and TeddyBunny
There are a bunch of people who know about me at work. My friends and family know.

Reactions: incontinente and TeddyBunny
most of my friends and family know

Reactions: incontinente, TeddyBunny, sledder23 and 2 others
For myself a very few close friends do know and most of both of our family do know !

Reactions: TeddyBunny and sledder23
I grew up urinary incontinent so most of my classmates knew and took every opportunity to harass and belittle me. I had only a few friends in school and kept to myself as much as possible. The silver lining was that I poured all of my time into school work and was rewarded a full scholarship at one of the premier Texas universities. After graduating high school, I went off to college a few hundred miles from my home town in Texas of less than 2,000 people so I was pretty much able to reinvent myself and build social and personal confidence that I never really developed.
Since then, there are only a few that I’ve told about my incontinence. I’ve been very careful to otherwise protect my very personal health issues, including MS.

• Sad
Reactions: StarWars7, TeddyBunny, sledder23 and 6 others
littleK1626 said:
most of my friends and family know
Same here it is no secret I am incontinentand enuretic and wear nappies all the time. I prefer it that way.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, sledder23 and Constantlydamp
My friends and family took the news surprisingly well. They all know I want to wear them versus needing to. My family said they don’t care what I wear for underwear as long as I’m happy.

Reactions: incontinente, TeddyBunny and Floodingpants
The door to my nursing home room is often open. Anyone walking by or coming in can see me naked, except for wearing multiple diapers, which I do because that is my diaper fetish.

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperbutt09 and TeddyBunny
I got tired of being harassed about wearing them and trying to hide them through school, and finally started being relatively open about them in my 20s. Most of my friends that spend much time around me know, and even support me. I've had several instances where this came in very handy. I have a friend and her partner that has 'get togethers' fairly regularly at their house and she lets me change my diaper around the side of the house, if I'm outside while everybody is around the front of the house. I used to have a friend, who has since passed away. You don't find people like him very often. In a wheelchair, it's hard to even get people to give you rides. He would randomly just call to find out where I was, and come pick me up wherever I was to take me out to eat or just to join him in whatever he was doing for the day. Once in a while he would invite me to stay over for a weekend, or I would come over to work on their computer and stay for the weekend. I stayed comfortable the whole time I was there, in a diaper and tshirt, including on the back patio which was kinda fun. He was the only person I would open my door to, without running for some shorts to cover my diaper, and let him in without him calling first.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, surprise35 and FLsolarSparky02
Ellyn said:
I grew up urinary incontinent so most of my classmates knew and took every opportunity to harass and belittle me. I had only a few friends in school and kept to myself as much as possible. The silver lining was that I poured all of my time into school work and was rewarded a full scholarship at one of the premier Texas universities. After graduating high school, I went off to college a few hundred miles from my home town in Texas of less than 2,000 people so I was pretty much able to reinvent myself and build social and personal confidence that I never really developed.
Since then, there are only a few that I’ve told about my incontinence. I’ve been very careful to otherwise protect my very personal health issues, including MS.
I'm so sorry this happened to you, I wish there were more kids around to defend you or help you in school. I was friends with a girl, Sheryl, who often wet herself and was teased horribly for it. I tried to be friends with her but then even I got teased for talking with her and trying to support her when I could. I only had one public accident in elementary school but was teased about it for months after, so only a taste of that type of horrible treatment but know my heart goes out to you.
I'm glad your story has a happy ending (married, kids, great education!) and that you saw that it was their stupid problem being horrible and not your problem.

I keep my IC private mostly but am trying to share with more and more friends as a way to be less ashamed about it. Every single person I've told is supportive, caring and so far haven't asked any rude questions about my wearing diapers. Still I completely understand not wanting to share with friends as well, it's a private matter and not really any of their business at all.

Reactions: LordDuque, Diaper247 and Ellyn
surprise35 said:
I'm so sorry this happened to you, I wish there were more kids around to defend you or help you in school. I was friends with a girl, Sheryl, who often wet herself and was teased horribly for it. I tried to be friends with her but then even I got teased for talking with her and trying to support her when I could. I only had one public accident in elementary school but was teased about it for months after, so only a taste of that type of horrible treatment but know my heart goes out to you.
I'm glad your story has a happy ending (married, kids, great education!) and that you saw that it was their stupid problem being horrible and not your problem.

I keep my IC private mostly but am trying to share with more and more friends as a way to be less ashamed about it. Every single person I've told is supportive, caring and so far haven't asked any rude questions about my wearing diapers. Still I completely understand not wanting to share with friends as well, it's a private matter and not really any of their business at all.
Yeah, I kinda like these 'no bullying' programs in schools now. They teach kids that it's better to be mature and help people, than to be part of the problem. I wish they had that back when. Being in a wheelchair, and wearing diapers, has been a huge part of my life, almost unfortunately. It's probably one of, if not the biggest reasons I'm not married. I don't get out much, except to go shopping once in a while, and I don't live within rolling distance of bars anymore, which might be a good thing. I have also learned the hard way that I don't like dating sites. If I don't say anything about the wheelchair, I get plenty of responses, but I usually only get one date and never see them again. If I do say something about the wheelchair, I get very few responses, but the ones that do respond don't end well.

I had some trouble growing up but after awhile was dry but in my 50's started having accidents so my wife nurse daughter and sister-in-law who I 'am sure my wife told.

My family’s known forever, especially since I was a bedwetter until 17. They knew I wore more frequently then just bed time and they are aware that I am wearing again more and more now that I’m older and having ic issues.
Most of my coworkers know, but never say anything about it as they see it as a medical issue. They might think it funny if they actually saw the diapers I wear and all the cute designs on them.
I have a neighbor that knows and occasionally she’ll come up to me and feel my diaper butt and say “ diaper check” but that’s all that ever happens. She’s cool with it but not involved in any way. I’m fine with her knowing and we have a good friendship.

Reactions: incontinente, sledder23, Dinotopian2002 and 1 other person
coastie said:
she’ll come up to me and feel my diaper butt and say “ diaper check”
It's kinda fun to have interactions like that. Having somebody acknowledge that they know you wear a diaper, but in a fun way. I used to spend a lot of time in the hospital as a kid and had some nursing aids that were more personal than the rest. One would come up and feel my diaper from the front if I was sitting up or pat my butt if I were laying down, right in front of everybody, to see if my diaper was wet. I definitely didn't mind. If she thought I needed changing, she would roll me back to my room and change it for me. One of her favorite things to do while she was changing people, was to roll the diaper up and drop it on the floor to make us laugh. Watching her do it, and the 'plop' sound it made was hilarious. I can't say I miss the long stays in the hospital vs being at home, but we had some fun.

Aside of my family, my partner, and a few really close friends, I don't think there're too many who might know. Obviously when I was in school there were a bunch of fellow students that knew. I try to not think about other people who might suspect. Most IC people, especially when you've been for some time, others have to know. I don't fly the IC flag. It's personal. I'd prefer to not discus my medical issues with people I don't know.

• Love
Reactions: sledder23, EcoIncon, sport1 and 1 other person
Back