Diaper bulge.

Pongoandperdi15 said:
Put bluntly I don't care anymore, if you're looking down there in the first place we got bigger problems to talk about šŸ˜‚, I've also come to realise your average Joe in the street will not bat an eye lid took me a long time to realise that and if anyone has the confidence to ask me about it I will gladly tell them I've got incontinence issues and depending on how they ask me I'll also tell them in great detail about how I use a catheter X4 daily just to watch them squirm. That response has never had to be activated I've only had one horrid work colleague laugh at me in the past and he was dealt with promptly.
Yup
I tell my wife ā€œIā€™ll let them know whatā€™s up and pull my ā€œmarine combat disabled veteranā€ card and really crush their soul.

Reactions: Diprs2
Wolfman69 said:
C

Compression control briefs. Excellent idea. Thanks for info
That and the cloth diapers that hide a bulgeā€¦ interesting to try in the Texas summer

Reactions: Diprs2 and Wolfman69
NabePup said:
People have already suggested helpful advice. Such as jeans, dark pants, compression shorts etc. A onesie can also help a little bit too by holding the diaper closer to the body, but it's not a night and day difference.

I also want to add, and I'm sure you're probably already aware of this but even being aware of this doesn't always necessarily help much, but chances are it's significantly more noticeable to yourself and the majority of people probably won't notice or think anything of it. Assuming you're not wearing super thin tight pants that significantly show a bulge.
I pulled the trigger on a onesie, itā€™s a game changer to not worry about it peaking out.. I explained that to my wife and she approved. Itā€™s not babyish but helps with bulge a little and the back as I said is a huge plus.

Reactions: Diprs2, ltaluv and NabePup
greatlake5 said:
Whether I'm standing up or sitting down, the bulge is still noticeable, at least when my disposable swells when really wet (or unfortunately a surprise BM accident). I admit that most people don't see anything (or care). Obviously I don't wear a dress (that would get attention). I do wear loose jeans with the tails down of a baggy shirt. Even with larger shorts. They're not that bad. I agree with Ellyn about having the confidence when wearing a wetter diaper. I do wear a compression shorts almost every day. Especially with sport activities. It's only a concern when the diaper is extremely wet.
I feel this is something you are being overly self conscious of. So long as you clothing isnā€™t too tight, you are wearing a onesie and you are wearing dark trousers thereā€™s not much more you can do. Nappies are bulky and it is something you canā€™t get away from.

I also believe that people are more suspicious about nappies if you leak or are seen taking a bag into the toilet (especially as a guy) at work or any other time it would be abnormal. Surprisingly, a bulge in your trousers isnā€™t the first thing people notice on adultsā€¦

Reactions: Diprs2, bedwetterdavid, 247 and 1 other person
Is there a particular thickness you purchase?

mechanicX said:
Is there a particular thickness you purchase?
Personally I go for middle of the road ones. Tena super or molicare 8drops. Then itā€™s not super thick or super thinā€¦

Reactions: Diprs2 and JeriHfoley18
This has been a very interesting thread. Iā€™m having to wear thicker diapers in the daytime now, as my bladder control is worsening, and this has helped me feel better about it.

However big a diaper bulge is, itā€™s more discreet than a leaking one, or having an accident without one on at all. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Diprs2 and WoollyAndJoshy
JeriHfoley18 said:
I pulled the trigger on a onesie, itā€™s a game changer to not worry about it peaking out.. I explained that to my wife and she approved. Itā€™s not babyish but helps with bulge a little and the back as I said is a huge plus.
Oh ya, most definitely. It pretty much makes waist band peakage impossibe. Aaaand depending on what someone is into...some of them have really cute designs šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Wolfman69 and JeriHfoley18
JeriHfoley18 said:
Onesies were a game-changer for me, too. I resisted them for years because I was put off by the AB connotations, but when I finally tried them, they were transformative. No more worry about my shirt peeking out, no more nervous habit of tucking my shirt in constantly (which can draw attention that I don't want), and keeping my diaper supported lets me leave the upper takes looser so I can pull it down more easily for all the times that I do make it to the restroom in time.

Reactions: Diprs2, JeriHfoley18 and Wolfman69
greatlake5 said:
Longtime IC people have become better at accepting their IC. Maybe I'm still fairly young (early 30's) but even though I have accepted my condition,
when I'm out in public, I still try to stay on the "down low." I admit that most people don't notice or care.

I think there is a distinction between someone who has always had bladder or bowel issues and those that have had to deal with it later in life, from comments and my personal experiences. After two decades of having to adjust to changing bladder issues, I find there is comfort from stability of knowing how to live with it whilst in familiar surroundings however, when thrust into new situations, the anxiety and uncertainty return; to a lesser degree but, still there.

Also, the anonymity of one of a crowd of people helps verses subject to attention in a new small group setting or leading. Where all there factors such as what one wears, sounds, smells, and outlines are under more scrutiny because of social norming or power differentials.

IMO, techniques for being discreet are very important. Impressions matter, regardless what one believes in that they donā€™t, or are beyond it, or care. I venture to guess that it would be hard to find someone who is not affected emotionally in dealing with incontinence.

Reactions: Diprs2, greatlake5, pavment and 2 others
ltaluv said:
Onesies were a game-changer for me, too. I resisted them for years because I was put off by the AB connotations, but when I finally tried them, they were transformative. No more worry about my shirt peeking out, no more nervous habit of tucking my shirt in constantly (which can draw attention that I don't want), and keeping my diaper supported lets me leave the upper takes looser so I can pull it down more easily for all the times that I do make it to the restroom in time.
Yes, I too resisted the need for a onesie until one day my wife pointed out that my plastic pants were showing (at home thankfully).

I have found them very useful for discreetness in the summer months when I tend to wear golf shirts rather than flannel shirts (or dress shirts on Sunday) with the longer shirt tails. My golf shirts tend to be too short for adequate coverage but I like their airy comfort.

However, because I still use the toilet for BMs, I have to remember one very important thing: when sitting on the toilet, be sure to bring the onesie tail up and out of the toilet! I've learned the hard way (twice now!) why you don't leave the onesie tail dangling in the toilet when you have diarrhea. Now imagine the horror of getting out of a soiled onesie without getting it all over you... horror of horrors.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, joemama, Lethdale and 1 other person
BigAl1 said:
Im at a point. I don't care about the bulge.
I'm a teacher (and a guidance counselor) and I prefer to stay on the down-low. I acknowledge that wearing a diaper, especially when thicker and wet, the public may see them. As others have said here on the thread, most people don't look for an adult diaper. Or care. They have more important things to do. I've commented on the IC forum about a colleague who has had prostate surgery. He tells everyone that he wears a diaper. Everyone, including the school staff, loves the guy. Nobody teases him. I've had a few conversations with him and I told him that I wear one too. He suggested to use humor if someone notices my diaper. I told him I try to camouflage the bulge of my diaper. Some of my students might suspect but they respect me enough to not discuss it.

I suppose I do care. When I was a kid during school, everyone knew about having to wear a diaper. Of course it was a difficult time for me. Today there is still stigma. I expect it will continue.
daylight said:
being discreet are very important. Impressions matter, regardless what one believes in that they donā€™t, or are beyond it, or care. I venture to guess that it would be hard to find someone who is not affected emotionally in dealing with incontinence.
Even though most adults understand the IC challenges, there will always be a few that laugh and comment. For myself I simply ignore them. If I feel like telling them I tell them it's simply a medical issue. Since I've been IC since I was a very young child, I still understand those emotions. I don't think that I will ever forget those feelings.

Reactions: Diprs2, Lethdale, pavment and 3 others
CrossfireHurricane said:
I suppose I do care. When I was a kid during school, everyone knew about having to wear a diaper. Of course it was a difficult time for me. Today there is still stigma. I expect it will continue.

Even though most adults understand the IC challenges, there will always be a few that laugh and comment.
I can't imagine how horrible school would have been with IC issues.

I had enough trouble of my own growing up as a geek and glasses wearer (as "four eyes"), not to mention because of my last name (which I won't share here). Kids are just not mature enough on the whole to deal with those who are different or disabled in some way.

And ironically enough, it's cool these days to be a geek? That's an uncomfortable concept. I had to tell my eye doc that "no, I had those horn-rimmed frames as a kid and hated them" and selected something else.

In more irony, you've survived it well enough to become a teacher. Kudos for that.

Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque, Lethdale and 2 others
slimjiminy said:
I have to remember one very important thing: when sitting on the toilet, be sure to bring the onesie tail up and out of the toilet! I've learned the hard way (twice now!) why you don't leave the onesie tail dangling in the toilet when you have diarrhea. Now imagine the horror of getting out of a soiled onesie without getting it all over you... horror of horrors.

I always lift up the tail, wrap around the right hand side of my waist and snap the right most fist snappie/popper to the front crotch for this reason. Works a treat!

Reactions: Diprs2, OnePiece and slimjiminy
daylight said:
With @Ellyn comment then men are equally subject to the scrutiny of women. :think:

Whenever iā€™ve attracted curiosity itā€™s been a Women whoā€™s picked up on the cues.

Looking at myself in the mirror afterwards thereā€™s not been an obvious diaper bulge nor have I been wearing a super absorbent diaper. I think it must be the curved profile from lower back to bottom and not an obvious diaper outline. Itā€™s always been from a Woman walking behind me in a shopping isle and then the dual attention of the person theyā€™re with.

Mysteriously i think they are more finely tuned into shape and profile.

Of course a long shirt tail hides this but sometimes I donā€™t want to be wearing clothes untucked and draping over my jeans at the back.

Reactions: Diprs2
247 said:
Whenever iā€™ve attracted curiosity itā€™s been a Women whoā€™s picked up on the cues.

Looking at myself in the mirror afterwards thereā€™s not been an obvious diaper bulge nor have I been wearing a super absorbent diaper. I think it must be the curved profile from lower back to bottom and not an obvious diaper outline. Itā€™s always been from a Woman walking behind me in a shopping isle and then the dual attention of the person theyā€™re with.

Mysteriously i think they are more finely tuned into shape and profile.

Of course a long shirt tail hides this but sometimes I donā€™t want to be wearing clothes untucked and draping over my jeans at the back.
Oh my gosh, I don't wanna hijack this thread/have it get too off topic, but you have to elaborate more! D: (if you're comfortable with it). What exactly happened to make you think they noticed/knew! Did they show some potential signs/cues that they may have noticed or did they straight up tell you!?

NabePup said:
Oh my gosh, I don't wanna hijack this thread/have it get too off topic, but you have to elaborate more! D: (if you're comfortable with it). What exactly happened to make you think they noticed/knew! Did they show some potential signs/cues that they may have noticed or did they straight up tell you!?

Happened pushing a trolley down a supermarket isle. Turning as you do to look for products, noticed two people behind me looking right at my behind. Must have been split seconds after one of them drew the others attention to something I was not aware of.

The Woman was the one to pickup on something, she had that giveaway ā€œlook thereā€ expression with that rather pleased expression that goes with spotting something, coupled with the attention of the other person with that Iā€™m looking to see what sheā€™s looking at look.

Itā€™s the whole dynamic that we avoid by saying ā€œ donā€™t look now but that person over thereā€¦..ā€ and of course they lookšŸ˜‚

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque, NabePup and 1 other person
I was diapered riding on a train last weekend. I had to change once (which was not a problem). A few hours later, shortly before arriving at my destination, I had to change trains for the last leg of my trip. I stepped onto the local train and chose a seat. A woman was sitting across from me and looking in her phone, when I came in she raised her glance just a bit, like you do to see who's going to sit next to you. I put my suitcase overhead and sat down. When I looked at her for the next time after a few moments, she was staring at me, like really surprised of something. I suspect she might have recognized the bulge. It happens sometimes, not often, but I guess most women will just see itā€¦

Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque and Edgewater
I am actually a size 8 to 10 in Levis 505 women's black jeans, but when diapered (most of the time) I wear size 14 to nicely camouflage my diapers. I wear the noisiest, most crinkly plastic pants I can find over my diapers, because I enjoy the sound of my babyhood and don't mind if it arouses a little curiosity at the supermarket checkout lane. I'm on the thin side but have large hips and a protuberant butt, so I end up being rather pear shaped in my larger black women's Levis, which I don't mind at all, being an arguably effeminate sissy. Also, I tend to wear my shirts untucked, which helps to soften the transition to my plump bottom. Along with women's size 10 loafers and white pointelle scalloped socks,
I present a bit more feminine than masculine, but I'm convinced that very, very few people notice or care. I'm just one more slightly unusual example of the never-ending human condition. Cheers all!

NabePup said:
People have already suggested helpful advice. Such as jeans, dark pants, compression shorts etc. A onesie can also help a little bit too by holding the diaper closer to the body, but it's not a night and day difference.

I also want to add, and I'm sure you're probably already aware of this but even being aware of this doesn't always necessarily help much, but chances are it's significantly more noticeable to yourself and the majority of people probably won't notice or think anything of it. Assuming you're not wearing super thin tight pants that significantly show a bulge.
I always wear jeans when I pamp up in public. They're always thick enough to hide the bulge :3

Reactions: Diprs2, Wolfman69, Edgewater and 1 other person
Back