Diaper bulge.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I think everyone who is IC understand that having a diaper bulge is sometimes obvious. What I'm saying is that I often experience flooding during the day. In fact I typically have a flash flood sometimes. Which at the point my diaper becomes more obvious. The diaper bulge can sometimes be difficult to hide. I usually change my wet diaper (Abena plastic backed) between 4 to 5 hours. But every once in a while I add a quality booster (Eternadry contour doubler) when I know I'll be unable to change. Like a longer shopping trip or simply away from home for an extended period of time. And when my diaper is fairly wet and later during the day I'll have a flash flood that makes my diaper swell to the point that my diaper becomes more obvious. I'm pretty good at hiding my diaper (darker baggy pants and shirt with a comfortable sport jacket). But when my diaper gets really soaked the bulge grows thicker. Especially with the booster. What are your tips to prevent others to see it? Of course I do have an emergency pack but I don't carry it around with me. Most of the time I stop the trip and simply go home. But when you can't, what do you do?

Reactions: Diprs2, LordDuque, sledder23 and 9 others
Basically black pants. When really obvious i would knot my inner Jacket around my waist, of course this will not really work when hot.
Next best option is my laptop bag (diaper bag), which can be worn in front either for some vision distraction.

Reactions: Diprs2, Mapboy, Fiammaverde and 6 others
Jeans and Boosters are my advice.

Jeans hide Diaper bulge pretty well.

Boosters allow you to wear thinner diapers but increase absorbancy in areas of the diaper where you need it.

For example, a thick diaper during the day usually won't fill all the way up the back, so all that bulge on your butt doesn't help you.

So a well placed booster in the front middle section will keep you from leaking, and reduce "diaper butt."

Reactions: Diprs2, bedwetterdavid, Edgewater and 4 others
I more get them when I wear Better dry , or cloth nappy
The only time I get a noticeable bulge with my day time ones is if I’m wearing my work shorts as they have a snug rear and I poop my nappy

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Wolfman69
I wear cloth diapers and a medium compression control brief of some type under a dress most of the time. Having an abnormally small butt, the diaper helps me look more normal from behind and profile. My problem is the front bulge. If I am wearing a disposable and on my feet a lot and leak a lot,, the bulge in front becomes more apparent. With cloth diapers. It’s just there and doesn’t change, wet or dry. The bulge is mostly discernible when I’m sitting vs standing. I find that a dress with colorful prints or small busy patterns camouflages the bulge to a great extent. If I wear jeans, a long tunic shirt/sweater or shirt with tails is necessary to cover the bulge. Otherwise it’s a matter of confidence in your appearance as most people don’t pay much attention anyway, else they are too fixated on my large boobs….

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Mike4978, New2slavery and 19 others
I also regard a Jeans being good to hide the diaper bulge - especially with wearing one or two sizes bigger than I would wear without diapers usually nobody will be aware - as my wife can confirm!

Reactions: Diprs2, HalMidLife, ShinyMichael and 6 others
Ellyn said:
The bulge is mostly discernible when I’m sitting vs standing. I find that a dress with colorful prints or small busy patterns camouflages the bulge to a great extent. If I wear jeans, a long tunic shirt/sweater or shirt with tails is necessary to cover the bulge. Otherwise it’s a matter of confidence in your appearance as most people don’t pay much attention anyway, else they are too fixated on my large boobs….
Whether I'm standing up or sitting down, the bulge is still noticeable, at least when my disposable swells when really wet (or unfortunately a surprise BM accident). I admit that most people don't see anything (or care). Obviously I don't wear a dress (that would get attention). I do wear loose jeans with the tails down of a baggy shirt. Even with larger shorts. They're not that bad. I agree with Ellyn about having the confidence when wearing a wetter diaper. I do wear a compression shorts almost every day. Especially with sport activities. It's only a concern when the diaper is extremely wet.

Reactions: Diprs2, sledder23, Edgewater and 4 others
Put bluntly I don't care anymore, if you're looking down there in the first place we got bigger problems to talk about 😂, I've also come to realise your average Joe in the street will not bat an eye lid took me a long time to realise that and if anyone has the confidence to ask me about it I will gladly tell them I've got incontinence issues and depending on how they ask me I'll also tell them in great detail about how I use a catheter X4 daily just to watch them squirm. That response has never had to be activated I've only had one horrid work colleague laugh at me in the past and he was dealt with promptly.

Reactions: moorey, Diprs2, JeriHfoley18 and 6 others
I agree with Ellyn, confidence is key. To be honest, I think you're already doing everything you can. At some point there is a limit to what you can do. All you can really do is take steps to mitigate it, but you've already done those. Unless you wear much thinner diapers and change much more often, but that still has its own problems and limits. And my motto is its easier to hide a bit of a bulge than it is a leak or explain why you carry your bag to the bathrooms multiple times a day, both of which are more likely with thinner diapers.

Reactions: Diprs2, JeriHfoley18, sledder23 and 3 others
To help hide my diaper bulge, I generally wear black or navy pants, a dark color or plaid full skirt (like a midi flare skirt or a tiered maxi skirt/dress) or dark wash jeans. I also wear a onesie and sometimes spandex shorts if I’m exercising or walking a lot. I don’t think my bulge is super obvious although I can tell a difference in my silhouette between a 4 hour old diaper vs. when it’s dry.

Reactions: Diprs2, sledder23 and Edgewater
Some disposables bulge in the front, where guys wet, a lot more than others. While not a major factor in my decision, I prefer disposables that don’t have tons of SAP all the way up the front. Cloth diapers don’t change shape like that, but they make my butt look way bigger than it is.

Personally, I have no issues changing at work or even when out and about. As others have said, onesies and compression shorts work well to keep wet diapers from sagging.

Reactions: Diprs2, sledder23 and Edgewater
fancydancey said:
To help hide my diaper bulge, I generally wear black or navy pants, a dark color or plaid full skirt (like a midi flare skirt or a tiered maxi skirt/dress) or dark wash jeans. I also wear a onesie and sometimes spandex shorts if I’m exercising or walking a lot. I don’t think my bulge is super obvious although I can tell a difference in my silhouette between a 4 hour old diaper vs. when it’s dry.
I nearly always choose casual dresses that anre office appropriate. I’m 4’11” and slender build, except for wide hips to pair with my flat butt. My choice is obviously petite sizes that’s suitable for my larger top (dress sizes vary depending on the design and manufacturer). The net result is a dress that kind of falls from my boobs and is loose at the waist and hips and the hem an inch or two above my knee. The snuggly supported diapers round out my otherwise non-existent butt, which improves my profile greatly. Again though, there the thickness of the diaper in front that I’m always concerned with while sitting. When I’m standing, the dress hides any sign of a diaper bulge in front. I’m always semi concerned while I take a customer to lunch and I’m driving. Then, the dress is resting on my lap and the bulge is most evident.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and SimCo
Eclectic said:
Some disposables bulge in the front, where guys wet, a lot more than others. While not a major factor in my decision, I prefer disposables that don’t have tons of SAP all the way up the front. Cloth diapers don’t change shape like that, but they make my butt look way bigger than it is.

Personally, I have no issues changing at work or even when out and about. As others have said, onesies and compression shorts work well to keep wet diapers from sagging.
In my case, the diaper provides a ‘normal’ roundness that would otherwise emphasize my awkwardly appearing flat butt. The down side is that going from cloth to disposable results in a different butt shape - much less rounded. THAT is an issue that troubles me more than bulge in front. People notice busts and backsides….

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and BigAl2
Ellyn said:
In my case, the diaper provides a ‘normal’ roundness that would otherwise emphasize my awkwardly appearing flat butt. The down side is that going from cloth to disposable results in a different butt shape - much less rounded. THAT is an issue that troubles me more than bulge in front. People notice busts and backsides….
whatsize dress do you wear? I love a sundress over my pantyhose and girdle. Pull the diaper higher in the front than the back, it will give you more shape.

Reactions: Diprs2 and plasticpants1
Fireball44 said:
whatsize dress do you wear? I love a sundress over my pantyhose and girdle. Pull the diaper higher in the front than the back, it will give you more shape.
4-8!petite (s-m), depending on the cut and manufacturer.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Wolfman69
Fireball44 said:
I like spandex panties or body shaper wear over my diapers. Lucky Husband!

Reactions: Diprs2
C
Ellyn said:
I wear cloth diapers and a medium compression control brief of some type under a dress most of the time. Having an abnormally small butt, the diaper helps me look more normal from behind and profile. My problem is the front bulge. If I am wearing a disposable and on my feet a lot and leak a lot,, the bulge in front becomes more apparent. With cloth diapers. It’s just there and doesn’t change, wet or dry. The bulge is mostly discernible when I’m sitting vs standing. I find that a dress with colorful prints or small busy patterns camouflages the bulge to a great extent. If I wear jeans, a long tunic shirt/sweater or shirt with tails is necessary to cover the bulge. Otherwise it’s a matter of confidence in your appearance as most people don’t pay much attention anyway, else they are too fixated on my large compression control
Compression control briefs. Excellent idea. Thanks for info
Ellyn said:
4-8!petite (s-m), depending on the cut and manufacturer.

People have already suggested helpful advice. Such as jeans, dark pants, compression shorts etc. A onesie can also help a little bit too by holding the diaper closer to the body, but it's not a night and day difference.

I also want to add, and I'm sure you're probably already aware of this but even being aware of this doesn't always necessarily help much, but chances are it's significantly more noticeable to yourself and the majority of people probably won't notice or think anything of it. Assuming you're not wearing super thin tight pants that significantly show a bulge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, SoggyPanties and 1 other person
Overalls work well for me in the summer months. They can be 6 inches larger than my waist and nobody thinks that's too bulky. Hides the massive bulk of the largest Northshore diaper & a doubler.

Reactions: Diprs2, Mike4978, Teddy02 and 3 others
Ellyn said:
Ha ha. I’ve thought of that too. I’m actually a pretty thin guy so my butt is not very big. There have been periods of a year or more where I have worn nothing but cloth diapers (except when traveling long distances). And then I’ve switched over to disposables. I’ve always wondered if someone noticed my magically changing butt shape. Cloth diapers definitely make my butt look way bigger than it is.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and SoggyPanties
Back