Biggest "baby" nappies in uk

WoollyAndJoshy said:
The thing is with pampers they are just numbers as they make a new size but shrink existing sizes. What isn’t immediately obvious is if everyone else is copying p&g or if they are actually making them bigger than ever before.
It's all a conspiracy.

At least there being a bit more honest about it now with weights that reflect the smaller physical size of the nappies, size 5 used to be 15-25kg, now it's 11-16kg so pretty much what a size 4 used to be.
It does get a bit congested up the top end with a 1kg gap between the sizes, when a real size 8 pant should be about the size on an 8-15 drynite

HappyNappin said:
It's all a conspiracy.

At least there being a bit more honest about it now with weights that reflect the smaller physical size of the nappies, size 5 used to be 15-25kg, now it's 11-16kg so pretty much what a size 4 used to be.
It does get a bit congested up the top end with a 1kg gap between the sizes, when a real size 8 pant should be about the size on an 8-15 drynite
This is my point though, are the own label brands (eg Asda little angels) following p&g’s lead or are they actually making bigger nappies?! That is the question…

As for pampers, it seems like a hidden way to put less nappies of the same actual size in a pack, whilst also having a bigger quantity of different nappies on shop shelves!

Are these size 7 nappies also? & not just the pants.

pampers8 said:
Are these size 7 nappies also? & not just the pants.
Tape nappies up to size 7
Nappy pants up to size 8
Both are now available in stores but not on the website yet

Reactions: pampers8
HappyNappin said:
Nappy pants up to size 8
Thank you for the information. I appreciate that.
I will definitely be getting the size 7 taped nappies to try.

I've assumed the Baby Dry size 8's were the "biggest" around except the Darlings that no one can get outside Kuwait. Not sure how Baby Dry size 8's compare to Swaddlers size 8, but I can fit in Swaddlers using tab extenders with a 29-30" waist (the rise is pretty low but they function really well). Really wish I could fit in them without modifying but I must have a big butt :ROFLMAO:

Side note, I ordered size 8 Baby Dry's from the UK and waited weeks before they were lost by DHL. Still not sure how much bigger, if at all they are vs. Swaddlers but probably not worth paying the shipping for potentially negligible difference.

southeastlittle said:
I've assumed the Baby Dry size 8's were the "biggest" around except the Darlings that no one can get outside Kuwait. Not sure how Baby Dry size 8's compare to Swaddlers size 8, but I can fit in Swaddlers using tab extenders with a 29-30" waist (the rise is pretty low but they function really well). Really wish I could fit in them without modifying but I must have a big butt :ROFLMAO:

Side note, I ordered size 8 Baby Dry's from the UK and waited weeks before they were lost by DHL. Still not sure how much bigger, if at all they are vs. Swaddlers but probably not worth paying the shipping for potentially negligible difference.
I always found the uk size 8s bigger than the size 7 cruisers from usa

HappyNappin said:
Nappy pants up to size 8
I saw a box of the size 8s on a shelf but no gap made for them yet

HappyNappin said:
Nappy pants up to size 8
I have just nipped in my local Asda and picked up a pack of 40 size 7's, I'm not impressed seemed great at first. The diaper it self is really stretchy and is only a little smaller than a pampers size 8 they are just as wide but a slight bit shorter, however it's the tabs they barely stretch and snapped when strapping. A real shame really got all excited for a new sizes on the market.20231111_220404.JPG20231111_220446.JPG20231111_220453.JPG20231111_220554.JPG20231111_221336.JPG

Attachments

• 20231111_220533.JPG
    20231111_220533.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20231111_220554.JPG
    20231111_220554.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20231111_221336.JPG
    20231111_221336.JPG
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Reactions: dancerboy, pampers8, Angelapinks and 3 others
That is very disappointing news 😕 thanks for posting and the added pictures, I've been looking at these and you've saved me from wasting time trying them out myself :D

Reactions: dancerboy and pampers8
Pampered91 said:
I have just nipped in my local Asda and picked up a pack of 40 size 7's, I'm not impressed seemed great at first. The diaper it self is really stretchy and is only a little smaller than a pampers size 8 they are just as wide but a slight bit shorter, however it's the tabs they barely stretch and snapped when strapping. A real shame really got all excited for a new sizes on the market.View attachment 123102View attachment 123103View attachment 123104View attachment 123108View attachment 123109
Oh well that saves me some stash space, I was waiting for the smaller packs to appear but if there prone to snapping I'll not bother.
Prints are very reminiscent of the new ninjamas.

Pampered91 said:
I have just nipped in my local Asda and picked up a pack of 40 size 7's, I'm not impressed seemed great at first. The diaper it self is really stretchy and is only a little smaller than a pampers size 8 they are just as wide but a slight bit shorter, however it's the tabs they barely stretch and snapped when strapping. A real shame really got all excited for a new sizes on the market.View attachment 123102View attachment 123103View attachment 123104View attachment 123108View attachment 123109
I use extenders to wear baby nappies i just cut off the back of the nappy with the tabs on and then cut that in half creating 2 tab extenders .

I get it with pull ups as it is less obvious but surely on a taped nappy you can tell the back from the front. If the tapes snap the only other thing is to try and separate the cover from the core to use it as a stuffer.

As it’s own label that will probably be easier said than done, you can normally get away with it on anything pampers, own label though it’s almost impossible to get the plastic off without ripping the the pouch the absorbent fluffy bit sits in.

Last edited:
WoollyAndJoshy said:
I get it with pull ups as it is less obvious but surely on a taped nappy you can tell the back from the front.
Yeah it's weird, I think that's the first time I've seen that on a taped nappy, only reason I think it's there is that they have used the exact same print design on the pullups.
It's also odd that the size number is on the front and back, and that there's a next size up guide when it's already the biggest size.
It's like the designers have never actually changed a nappy in there lifes

HappyNappin said:
Yeah it's weird, I think that's the first time I've seen that on a taped nappy, only reason I think it's there is that they have used the exact same print design on the pullups.
It's also odd that the size number is on the front and back, and that there's a next size up guide when it's already the biggest size.
It's like the designers have never actually changed a nappy in there lifes

Maybe it is the same design as the nappy pants… it would make some sense although the size indicator wouldn’t be on both!

The size numbers I don’t quite know why they bother but it always used to be on pampers on the Velcro strip. So much has changed since then though… I still think parents know what size the pack of nappies they purchased was without it being printed on every nappy! I know they put it on adult nappies but a reasonable number of those a used in care environments where several people probably wear nappies and several other people change those nappies. In those circumstances you probably do want to know what size the nappy someone has on is.

They may not be good, but I really like the non-baby-ish designs on them.

12srepaid said:
They may not be good, but I really like the non-baby-ish designs on them.
That’s probably because these are likely to be worn by older kids… it’ll be older toddlers and for night time in younger school age children. That later group doesn’t really want to look like a baby and probably even resent wearing a nappy in the first place.

Reactions: 12srepaid
WoollyAndJoshy said:
Maybe it is the same design as the nappy pants… it would make some sense although the size indicator wouldn’t be on both!

The size numbers I don’t quite know why they bother but it always used to be on pampers on the Velcro strip. So much has changed since then though… I still think parents know what size the pack of nappies they purchased was without it being printed on every nappy! I know they put it on adult nappies but a reasonable number of those a used in care environments where several people probably wear nappies and several other people change those nappies. In those circumstances you probably do want to know what size the nappy someone has on is.
That's a valid point re the size indicator, definitely some corner cutting going on, probably saving money on design and possibly manufacturing too, prints are very basic compared to the previous ones with only a few colours used so should be easier and cheaper to print the back sheets.

Remember there are often multiple kids in nappies in most young families so it's useful to know what nappy is for what child, same thing with nursery, playgroup etc, just incase nappies all end up muddled up it's handy to have the size, thinking about it I think the outgoing Asda nappies also have the size on the back and front, as if it's too much effort to turn it over to see the size

Up until around a year or so ago, the Asda little angels 6+ used to be superb. They had super stretchy tabs & they fitted me really well.
Then Asda changed them & they lost the elasticated back & the super stretchy tabs.
They also became smaller size wise, even the 6+.

I was so looking forward to the possibility that the little angels size 7 nappies would address this, but clearly, they haven’t, which is disappointing.
Oh well, the hunt goes on for a nappy with stretchy tabs (except Pampers size 8)

Reactions: LuckyRed23
pampers8 said:
Up until around a year or so ago, the Asda little angels 6+ used to be superb. They had super stretchy tabs & they fitted me really well.
Then Asda changed them & they lost the elasticated back & the super stretchy tabs.
They also became smaller size wise, even the 6+.

I was so looking forward to the possibility that the little angels size 7 nappies would address this, but clearly, they haven’t, which is disappointing.
Oh well, the hunt goes on for a nappy with stretchy tabs (except Pampers size 8)
Asda didn't change the nappies, they changed their suppliers.
The new ones are made by drylock in the Czech Republic, the old ones where made in Sweden, which points squarely at them being Libero, the baby brand of essity, same company that makes tena products.
I have a few of the old 20kg+ little angels 6+, I'd really like to get a hold of some Libero size 7 to compare them with.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc and pampers8
Back