Biggest "baby" nappies in uk

HappyNappin said:
Unfortunately Aldi seems to have changed the side material on there nappies, including the size 7, and there nowhere near as stretchy as before.
Hi, I've just got the Aldi size 7 just before I read your comment that they have been changed, I assume these are the less stretchy ones (they have a lion on them :)) they fit with a bit of stretching, I'm 30 inch waist but 33 on the hips which is where they sit. Would it be worth trying the pampers size 8 or Tesco junior plus next or will they be much the same?

I have a 29"/30" waist and fit in a Pampers size 8 without any difficulty. The obvious problem is the capacity, they're not designed for adult use so peeing in them is either not a practical option or can only pee a very small volume (I really do emphasize small volume, they really don't hold much).

I find I much prefer wearing actual AB/DL diapers, though I do notice that some brands are absolutely huge on me. Hardly any brands do size S is something I've noticed, tbf medium is alright and I can usually get a snug enough fit after some wriggling/repositions. I prefer my diaper to be tighter-fitting. ABDL diapers also hold a large volume

Reactions: LuckyRed23 and Angelapinks
Akura said:
I have a 29"/30" waist and fit in a Pampers size 8 without any difficulty. The obvious problem is the capacity, they're not designed for adult use so peeing in them is either not a practical option or can only pee a very small volume (I really do emphasize small volume, they really don't hold much).

I find I much prefer wearing actual AB/DL diapers, though I do notice that some brands are absolutely huge on me. Hardly any brands do size S is something I've noticed, tbf medium is alright and I can usually get a snug enough fit after some wriggling/repositions. I prefer my diaper to be tighter-fitting. ABDL diapers also hold a large volume
Thanks for the response, think I might have to try them just out of curiosity now :D

LuckyRed23 said:
Hi, I've just got the Aldi size 7 just before I read your comment that they have been changed, I assume these are the less stretchy ones (they have a lion on them :)) they fit with a bit of stretching, I'm 30 inch waist but 33 on the hips which is where they sit. Would it be worth trying the pampers size 8 or Tesco junior plus next or will they be much the same?
I’m around 33 inch waste and I find the Tesco junior plus great. For me the fit very well, maybe a little tight but only slightly. You just need to be careful putting them on hoe you pull on the side when putting them on.

Actually I’ve been combining them with a mamia size 7 as a booster and the thickness and feeling (and capacity) has been amazing.

Reactions: LuckyRed23
LuckyRed23 said:
I think I might just have been unlucky with the first of the new ones I tried, they changed the prints a few months ago but then changed how sides attach to he back of the nappy, Ive since figured out how to get them to stretch without ripping, they mibby have an inch less stretch in them than before but still fasten and importantly stay fastened on me.
Pampers size 8 need a pre stretch too but are fairly easy to get to maximum extension, there very thin but feel amazing when wet.
You should be able to fit into ninjamas 8-12 if your interested in pampers.

The Tesco junior nappies are very different from other offerings, there an extra small or small adult nappy with 4 tapes and zero stretch, I can get them on but don't find them comfortable or fun to wear, there just a plain white medical nappy.

Adsa have some changes coming to there nappy lineup soon, with a possibility of new sizes so worth keeping an eye out

Reactions: DLJosie and LuckyRed23
Wow, how do you know about Asda's updates, inside man? :D thanks that's really helpful, was looking at drynites but just assumed ninjamas would be took small, good to know :)

I've mentioned it before but if its the single tape and stretchy side you are after Molicare do a "Premium Elastic" Line and Attends do their "Adjustable" line. Both have these features and feel somewhat like an upsized baby nappy. In my view the performance and fit are good too... I certainly see why baby nappies are designed the way they are! Worth noting though that the Molicare runs a bit large.

LuckyRed23 said:
Wow, how do you know about Asda's updates, inside man? :D thanks that's really helpful, was looking at drynites but just assumed ninjamas would be took small, good to know :)
No just the odd new items in new packaging, if you Google Asda little angel on an image search and use the slider icon to select latest images there's a picture with new new nappy pant packaging from a modelling agency

WoollyAndJoshy said:
I've mentioned it before but if its the single tape and stretchy side you are after Molicare do a "Premium Elastic" Line and Attends do their "Adjustable" line. Both have these features and feel somewhat like an upsized baby nappy. In my view the performance and fit are good too... I certainly see why baby nappies are designed the way they are! Worth noting though that the Molicare runs a bit large.
Thanks, good to know, I'm still very new to all this and was just curious to try out different nappies to see what works for me. Plus baby nappies are cheap and easy to buy in store which is alot more convenient :)

HappyNappin said:
No just the odd new items in new packaging, if you Google Asda little angel on an image search and use the slider icon to select latest images there's a picture with new new nappy pant packaging from a modelling agency
Ah, you would make a great sleuth :) I'm still walking past the nappy aisle pretending I'm not interested so wouldn't have noticed the new packaging. Fingers crossed on the new size :)

LuckyRed23 said:
Ah, you would make a great sleuth :) I'm still walking past the nappy aisle pretending I'm not interested so wouldn't have noticed the new packaging. Fingers crossed on the new size :)
Sometimes that's the best thing to do, look for empty shelves with labels, that's how I first found the Tesco size 8 pants.
If anyone ever asks if your ok, or if you're looking for something tell them your after pampers size 6 plus, they've not made them for a few years now.

HappyNappin said:
Sometimes that's the best thing to do, look for empty shelves with labels, that's how I first found the Tesco size 8 pants.
If anyone ever asks if your ok, or if you're looking for something tell them your after pampers size 6 plus, they've not made them for a few years now.
I'll keep that excuse in mind, is that a recommendation to try the Tesco size 8 pants too then?

LuckyRed23 said:
I'll keep that excuse in mind, is that a recommendation to try the Tesco size 8 pants too then?
Not really, there not bad but don't expect to get them on without bursting a few and injuring yourself in the process

LuckyRed23 said:
Thanks, good to know, I'm still very new to all this and was just curious to try out different nappies to see what works for me. Plus baby nappies are cheap and easy to buy in store which is alot more convenient :)
Oh, if you are looking for a shop pick up the attends are the same as the boots stay dry adjustable slip. They cost more per unit but to try something out they aren’t too bad value wise. With an advantage card they are £8.99 for 10. They are £9.99 without their card.

Pamperswearer said:
So from my own experience and a fellow 32 inch waist these are what I use and go to quite often:

Pampers Baby Dry Size 8
Aldi Mamia Size 7
Asda Little Angels Size 6/6+

Some would argue the definition of fit but I switch between these on a daily basis and don’t use adult ones. I have no issues and am quite comfortable in them - the only advice I would give is know their capacity especially if wearing 24/7 and in public
For the pampers, this isn't the pants right? I've tried them in the past as I had a free voucher but there was no way I was able to slid them up. Good boosters though when I tore the sides

Jamas said:
For the pampers, this isn't the pants right? I've tried them in the past as I had a free voucher but there was no way I was able to slid them up. Good boosters though when I tore the sides
The pampers are taped rather than the pants, if you wanted pants the ninja as are bigger but realistically the bigger drynites are bigger again. The Libero Sleeptight 10 are pretty big too (and arguably bigger than the dry nites even are) but I’ve only seen them for sale online…

HappyNappin said:
Adsa have some changes coming to there nappy lineup soon, with a possibility of new sizes so worth keeping an eye out
AHH, good old crystal ball you done well.
Screenshot_20231029-214209.pngFound some of the nappy pants in the new packaging with the updated size chart, so that's size 7 nappies and size 8 nappy pants confirmed for Asda's little angels range.
None in store yet but wouldn't surprise me if they are a week or two away.
With Asda and Tesco doing size 8 I wonder how long it will be until pampers size 9 are a possibility, or an Aldi size 8.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc and LuckyRed23
HappyNappin said:
View attachment 121960Found some of the nappy pants in the new packaging with the updated size chart, so that's size 7 nappies and size 8 nappy pants confirmed for Asda's little angels range.
With Asda and Tesco doing size 8 I wonder how long it will be until pampers size 9 are a possibility, or an Aldi size 8.
😄 you could make some good money out of your fortune telling 🔮 I did see online the new design for size 6 and a size 7 pullup, but no size 7 /8 pullup live yet. May have to visit my local Asda and have a nosey look :)

LuckyRed23 said:
😄 you could make some good money out of your fortune telling 🔮 I did see online the new design for size 6 and a size 7 pullup, but no size 7 /8 pullup live yet. May have to visit my local Asda and have a nosey look :)
Lol, it's hardly surprising, the reviews on the nappies have all been complaining about how small they are since the last update.
There manufacturer changed to drylock technologies, I'm not 100% certain who made the nappies before that but the pants where made by essity, aka Libero or tena.

There's a good chance your local Asda will have some of the new ones in, I'm about as far away from Asdas central distribution hub as it's possible to get without crossing the Irish sea.

HappyNappin said:
View attachment 121960Found some of the nappy pants in the new packaging with the updated size chart, so that's size 7 nappies and size 8 nappy pants confirmed for Asda's little angels range.
The thing is with pampers they are just numbers as they make a new size but shrink existing sizes. What isn’t immediately obvious is if everyone else is copying p&g or if they are actually making them bigger than ever before.

Back