Biggest "baby" nappies in uk

jakenappy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Sorry i know this has probably been asked many times but cannot see a recent post, i live in the uk and was wondering what is the largest size "baby" nappy anyone knows of that can be bought in shops / online in the uk , either taped or pullup style but was looking for something with a baby type print rather then the 8-15 dryintes etc. (im a 32 inch waist to guess none will fit anyway but can always try ;) )

Reactions: Angelapinks and Morrisdl
jakenappy said:
Sorry i know this has probably been asked many times but cannot see a recent post, i live in the uk and was wondering what is the largest size "baby" nappy anyone knows of that can be bought in shops / online in the uk , either taped or pullup style but was looking for something with a baby type print rather then the 8-15 dryintes etc. (im a 32 inch waist to guess none will fit anyway but can always try ;) )
I don’t think there’s anything out there for 32” waist. Your going to need something AB (adult baby) style.
I got a few here if you want something to try that will fit you.

Reactions: littledreamers333
Morrisdl said:
I don’t think there’s anything out there for 32” waist. Your going to need something AB (adult baby) style.
I got a few here if you want something to try that will fit you.
Thanks for reply, got some of AB style got ABU peekabus, tykables & crinklz to name a few. Suppose was looking just for some actual baby / young nappies. Which ones you got?

Reactions: littledreamers333
jakenappy said:

Tesco's do have youth nappies https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301360389

Then there is ninjamas which are slightly more babyish than drynites but a bit smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:
jakenappy said:
I am not in the UK but I did try the Drynights and they fit pretty snug but then I am about a 38 waist size now so you may be OK. Try Charity shops for open packets that are pretty cheap. That way you can try them without spending a lot of money. I was in the Salvation Army Thrift shop two days ago and they had open packets of boys and girls Drynights type pull ups. Don't remember what brands they were but it would be north american brands .

Angelapinks said:
I am not in the UK but I did try the Drynights and they fit pretty snug but then I am about a 38 waist size now so you may be OK. Try Charity shops for open packets that are pretty cheap. That way you can try them without spending a lot of money. I was in the Salvation Army Thrift shop two days ago and they had open packets of boys and girls Drynights type pull ups. Don't remember what brands they were but it would be north american brands .
Wow that's an interesting idea, never thought of charity shops for nappies before

Reactions: Angelapinks
So from my own experience and a fellow 32 inch waist these are what I use and go to quite often:

Pampers Baby Dry Size 8
Aldi Mamia Size 7
Asda Little Angels Size 6/6+

Some would argue the definition of fit but I switch between these on a daily basis and don’t use adult ones. I have no issues and am quite comfortable in them - the only advice I would give is know their capacity especially if wearing 24/7 and in public

Reactions: fakename, DLJosie and PampersboyLondon
Thanks , think had the pampers one before but not tried the others

jakenappy said:
Wow that's an interesting idea, never thought of charity shops for nappies before
Most times if I find something I like it is 1/3 the regular price or less and some packages are unopened and still way cheaper. I take a lot of things there now that I am downsizing and also find some great bargains as well.

Reactions: DLJosie and jakenappy
jakenappy said:
Well that's just another word for thrift shops. You might find some high quality diapers there if luck's on your side. Most shops don't even know how much they're worth, so you can get a good deal on an open pack, or, if you're lucky, an unopened pack.

Reactions: jakenappy and Angelapinks
Maybe we should start a new thread for "best diapers found a lot charity / thrift shops" could have some interesting stuff lol

Reactions: Angelapinks
Why not just get yourself some nappies that actually fit? I would recommend tena active slip! No need to go towards child nappies when we have a whole range to fit us bigger people!

Reactions: antte91
jakenappy said:

Get yourself a convertups (you’re welcome) not for me though I love flooding and messing so ABDL nappies are for me.

Nappydave said:
Why not just get yourself some nappies that actually fit? I would recommend tena active slip! No need to go towards child nappies when we have a whole range to fit us bigger people!
Oh don't worry I got plenty of adult sized ones too 😉. Just wanted to feel even more little by actually having some baby ones too

jakenappy said:
Oh don't worry I got plenty of adult sized ones too 😉. Just wanted to feel even more little by actually having some baby ones too

Aldi Mamia size 7 a legit baby nappy you can wear and use

Reactions: DLJosie, pampers8, antte91 and 2 others
jakenappy said:
Aldi mamia size 7

Reactions: DLJosie and Angelapinks
It all depends on body shape, my hips measure 33" around, but I have a small bottom so I can wear a 30 or a 32 waist depending on brand.

Tesco junior nappies are a really tight squeeze, junior plus are a bit bigger but still uncomfortable.
There also not really baby nappies, no prints etc.

Tesco Fred and Flo size 7 nappies aren't anywhere close to being able to fasten, so there a non starter.

Asda little angels 6+ nappies used to be a good opinion but they changed supplier and now there useless.

So you're 2 best options are Pampers baby dry size 8 nappies and Aldi mamia size 7 nappies, I can easily fit in both of these if I pre stretch the tapes.

Another option would be libero size 7 nappies, there are what the NHS supply for disabled kids but are only available online.

Reactions: pampers8
Unfortunately Aldi seems to have changed the side material on there nappies, including the size 7, and there nowhere near as stretchy as before.

Back