Are Megamax diapers good for a new DL?

Mega max tapes may not be for a newbie to be honest. They really are a one time set and forget tape. I Love the tapes and landing pad, so they do not bother me..... Well.. most of the time. Lol

They do stick !!!!! In fact they stick so well that they can not be reused! Unless you adjust them immediately. But the thing for me is why do most diapers have double second chance tapes? They are not for when you put them on wrong. They are meant to be a way to change or adjust your diaper. Most diapers If I shimmy them down to go number 2 on a toilet when I pull them back up they fit so loose. I know I have a big bubble butt and it stretches them out. But I have to re tape every time if I do this. So it is like.. Hmm I might as well just un tape. My ass just stretches out my diaper if I do not, and as I move around or be active, most all other diapers loosen or stretch as well. That and if they are wet they are even more prone to the effect. My mega Max remain tight and right at all times, they always keep a snug fit regardless So I have no reason to refasten a tape most days with my Mega Max. But they do stick so bad they rip the plastic backing strip. But that is a good thing to me. Because I know they are not coming loose.
In the rare event I get lotion or oil on an landing strip or tab or any other reason I need more tape. 🤔🤔. White duck tape IS A GOD SEND for diaper.

But the fit for me is the winner. Diapers are about security. These make me feel the most secure.

For real you need to go to the web and get your free samples from North Shore, Tena, Seni, Attends and Depends. They all give out free samples of some type of protection. Then go to Carewell, or medical monks, or LL Medico, or Xp medical and get some sample bags that have a few of several brands in a bag.

Decide if ABDL diapers are off limits or not and just order several different ones. . No one diaper is perfect for everyone. Mega Max is a damn fine diaper too, But every ass is different. Then also as everyone said it might ruin the feel of most other diapers to use such a fine diaper the first time. But If I was you I would start out hitting samples.

Reactions: McClayne, Abreeze and Jonnythepony
Abreeze said:
I appreciate the advice, I certainly don’t plan on sitting anything more than maybe 5-10 minutes in a diaper I’ve already used. At that point should I be applying cream?
Unless you're having very frequent wear sessions it should be fine without a full barrier ointment then, maybe just use some sort of a medicated powder with zinc oxide included in it. No need to go overboard applying this, a light application/dusting down there should do for such short sessions(heck, you might not even need it). Just be sure to clean yourself off proper afterwards.

I'm currently using Caldesene "Medicated Protecting Powder", I would describe it being "thicker" than other powders I've used but I like the stuff a lot. I get this stuff online.
But if you aren't ordering powder online you should be able to find something similar in regular stores near you.
Johnson's has(had?) a medicated baby powder as well(though I have a bunch of it left from a case I bought a couple years ago, I'm not sure if this is still available since I switched to Caldesene). Look for other or generic medicated baby powder if you can't find Johnson's.
Caldesene.jpg Johnson's Medicated.jpg
Please note the above examples include "Zinc Oxide" and/or "Medicated" on the bottle, not all powders are have these ingredients.

Examples below are a regular, non-medicated, generic store brand baby powder and its ingredients. Usually just for keeping things dryer, smoother and sweet scented, it does not include zinc oxide:
Regular baby powder.jpgIMG_20220808_103359~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Abreeze
Abreeze said:
How often must one apply barrier cream and powder? And how quickly must you get out of a diaper to avoid a rash?
I have been wearing diapers since the 90's I do not even own any underwear. I almost never use a barrier cream or baby powder. In fact most baby powders give me a UTI and most creams break down the leg barriers in diapers. But if you use cheap diapers or try to live in them after they are full you will be needing skin care cream. Good diaper's like mega max really wic the moister away from the skin. As long as you can stick the back of your hand down the diaper and it feels dry or not real wet on the hand you are okay. Never stay in a poop diaper anymore than you absolutely have too and if you do start to get a rash keep it clean and dry and then use the creams to prevent it getting worse. But premium diapers do a real good job of keeping the skin from breaking out in the first place. Diapers like Mega Max are designed to be able to go as much as 12 hours between change. Now that is not every time and it is a up to 12 hour time. I normally use about 3 a day sometimes less sometimes more. But They are not meant to be changed every time you wet. If you plan on changing every time you wet go with Abena or something even cheaper. Abena is a good diaper and much much cheaper. Mega Max cost so much more because of how many wettings they can absorb. I pee as often as every 10 to 15 min some days. I use these because I do not want to change every hour or two. Especially out in public spaces or at night.
Abreeze said:
I appreciate the advice, I certainly don’t plan on sitting anything more than maybe 5-10 minutes in a diaper I’ve already used. At that point should I be applying cream?

It depends on how you choose to use them but this will get expensive fast on a premium diaper like Mega MAX. For sure the proper way to treat number 2 but way over kill for number 1.

I’ve tried just about every medical diaper I can get my hands on. At the present time, ConfiDry is my go to diaper. reasonably priced through LLMedico and there are 18 in a package.

Abreeze said:
Are Northshore’s Megamax adult-diaper a good diaper to start with? I’ve never worn a diaper before but was looking for advice on a good ground to start on.
Yes, Megamax are top of the line diapers, in my opinion! They will hold a copious amount of pee. I beleive you will find them quite satisfying.

Diaperman95 said:
I have been wearing diapers since the 90's I do not even own any underwear. I almost never use a barrier cream or baby powder. In fact most baby powders give me a UTI and most creams break down the leg barriers in diapers. But if you use cheap diapers or try to live in them after they are full you will be needing skin care cream. Good diaper's like mega max really wic the moister away from the skin. As long as you can stick the back of your hand down the diaper and it feels dry or not real wet on the hand you are okay. Never stay in a poop diaper anymore than you absolutely have too and if you do start to get a rash keep it clean and dry and then use the creams to prevent it getting worse. But premium diapers do a real good job of keeping the skin from breaking out in the first place. Diapers like Mega Max are designed to be able to go as much as 12 hours between change. Now that is not every time and it is a up to 12 hour time. I normally use about 3 a day sometimes less sometimes more. But They are not meant to be changed every time you wet. If you plan on changing every time you wet go with Abena or something even cheaper. Abena is a good diaper and much much cheaper. Mega Max cost so much more because of how many wettings they can absorb. I pee as often as every 10 to 15 min some days. I use these because I do not want to change every hour or two. Especially out in public spaces or at night.

It depends on how you choose to use them but this will get expensive fast on a premium diaper like Mega MAX. For sure the proper way to treat number 2 but way over kill for number 1.
I see, I was told that Megamax were meant to go up to 12 hours but I didn’t process that you shouldn’t waste one just after wetting it.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Jonnythepony said:
Unless you're having very frequent wear sessions it should be fine without a full barrier ointment then, maybe just use some sort of a medicated powder with zinc oxide included in it. No need to go overboard applying this, a light application/dusting down there should do for such short sessions(heck, you might not even need it). Just be sure to clean yourself off proper afterwards.

I'm currently using Caldesene "Medicated Protecting Powder", I would describe it being "thicker" than other powders I've used but I like the stuff a lot. I get this stuff online.
But if you aren't ordering powder online you should be able to find something similar in regular stores near you.
Johnson's has(had?) a medicated baby powder as well(though I have a bunch of it left from a case I bought a couple years ago, I'm not sure if this is still available since I switched to Caldesene). Look for other or generic medicated baby powder if you can't find Johnson's.
Please note the above examples include "Zinc Oxide" and/or "Medicated" on the bottle, not all powders are have these ingredients.

Examples below are a regular, non-medicated, generic store brand baby powder and its ingredients. Usually just for keeping things dryer, smoother and sweet scented, it does not include zinc oxide:
Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate the pictures I’m pretty slow 😁

Diaperman95 said:
Mega max tapes may not be for a newbie to be honest. They really are a one time set and forget tape. I Love the tapes and landing pad, so they do not bother me..... Well.. most of the time. Lol

They do stick !!!!! In fact they stick so well that they can not be reused! Unless you adjust them immediately. But the thing for me is why do most diapers have double second chance tapes? They are not for when you put them on wrong. They are meant to be a way to change or adjust your diaper. Most diapers If I shimmy them down to go number 2 on a toilet when I pull them back up they fit so loose. I know I have a big bubble butt and it stretches them out. But I have to re tape every time if I do this. So it is like.. Hmm I might as well just un tape. My ass just stretches out my diaper if I do not, and as I move around or be active, most all other diapers loosen or stretch as well. That and if they are wet they are even more prone to the effect. My mega Max remain tight and right at all times, they always keep a snug fit regardless So I have no reason to refasten a tape most days with my Mega Max. But they do stick so bad they rip the plastic backing strip. But that is a good thing to me. Because I know they are not coming loose.
In the rare event I get lotion or oil on an landing strip or tab or any other reason I need more tape. 🤔🤔. White duck tape IS A GOD SEND for diaper.

But the fit for me is the winner. Diapers are about security. These make me feel the most secure.

For real you need to go to the web and get your free samples from North Shore, Tena, Seni, Attends and Depends. They all give out free samples of some type of protection. Then go to Carewell, or medical monks, or LL Medico, or Xp medical and get some sample bags that have a few of several brands in a bag.

Decide if ABDL diapers are off limits or not and just order several different ones. . No one diaper is perfect for everyone. Mega Max is a damn fine diaper too, But every ass is different. Then also as everyone said it might ruin the feel of most other diapers to use such a fine diaper the first time. But If I was you I would start out hitting samples.
I’ll be sure to look into all the samples when the time comes 😂. And I think I would definitely be down to wear an ABDL diaper (so long as it’s okay with m’lady)

Reactions: Diaperman95
Question: If wearing a Megamax for 12 hours, will the urine smell be highly noticeable to those around you? If that is the case then there is no benefit to the extra capacity

Richard101 said:
Question: If wearing a Megamax for 12 hours, will the urine smell be highly noticeable to those around you? If that is the case then there is no benefit to the extra capacity
Not unless you have a infection or something to make it smell

Back