Are Megamax diapers good for a new DL?

Hmm I see, thanks a ton for the advice.

PooMinara said:
BetterDry 24/7 are a good choice too, if you are looking for something that's good quality but cheaper than the MegaMax. Absorbent enough to get you through the day without having to worry about leaks, and they get nice and bulky when wet. Just make sure you know how to fluff them, as they are very hard and compressed when they come straight out of the packaging. And the leak guards tend to stick to the backing, but are easy to pull apart so they stand upright.
I second this

I know there are a lot of MM purist out there. My choice is the German Better Drys, rather than the Chinese MM.

MullbG said:
True that, anyways megamaxes are like the rolls royce of diapers, smooth, sultry, bulky and comfortable. Can't go wrong there, although if you've never tried, perhaps you could consider starting from the thinner end of the spectrum like Tena Maxi or Ultima, gives you're thighs a warming up before the actual bulk. See what your preference is after.

I totally agree. Megamax are wonderful diapers and are perfect to wear especially at night. BUT.. if you have no experience in wearing and wetting, keeping diapered all that time can become a bit uncomfortable. At least, it was to me because I would soon get frustrated of having to push, so in the early days when I was wearing I'd get mad at myself for taking them off way before filling them. I had the feeling I was wasting them.

Also, when I started wearing, I wasn't ready to go straight in actual nappies so I started with pull-ups and then slowly escalated. I understand that you want to go straight to diapers, but before getting to Megamax I'd try some "lighter" briefs like BetterDry 10 or Tena Slip Maxi or Super. You'll also save some money as Megamax are not exactly cheap.

And.. enjoy your wearing!

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Abreeze and MullbG
Absorbency wise, you can't go wrong as a starter. The only downside I would say are that the tapes are very strong and can easily rip off the plastic if you need to redo your tapes. If taping is something you're not used to, you can look at Tykables which have hook & loop tabs.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
hahaha lovin all the car references

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DinoFrant and charliee
MullbG said:
hahaha lovin all the car references
I had never seen a diaper compared to a Rolls Royce, but I have to say the comparison was quite effective 🤣🤣

Reactions: DinoFrant and MullbG
To be honest if you don’t need a mega max or never tried anything I would start with Abena or something cheaper but still quality. Never buy more than a bag of anything unless you know that they fit and are what you want. Always check for free samples. Most the companies that have good medical diapers wil give you a few for free or maybe ask you to cover shipping. NorthShore seni and tena to name a few will mail you a couple 100% free. All that said I have not found anything I would prefer over my mega max for me. But everyone here has a favorite diaper and a reason. I wear mega max at night because they are the best and i get dry sheets and tall leg guards for pee or poop. During the day most the time I do not have to have all that but I wear them anyway because I love the tapes and lading strip. Diapers that are plastic back with a landing strip stay on tighter for a active person. Northshore does not clump up when wet either. better Dry is a fine diaper but for me there is no comparison as they do not stay as tight fitting when active and they clump up when wet and active.
But like I said to each is own. Start looking up all the big companies and see if they have samples. If you are close between sizes try both. And if you get Mega max they run a lot bigger than most others. It is possible to get diapers to big and they will leak faster even though they are bigger because of bad fit around legs or waste. But above all whatever you decide to purchase check out real world incontinence on YouTube and look at the diaper and review before buying. They do better than anyone else at reviews. Best of luck and let me know s know what you end up trying.

Total dry x pls is a solid diaper and a lot cheaper too.

Reactions: DinoFrant, Abreeze, Jonnythepony and 1 other person
Diaperman95 said:
To be honest if you don’t need a mega max or never tried anything I would start with Abena or something cheaper but still quality. Never buy more than a bag of anything unless you know that they fit and are what you want. Always check for free samples. Most the companies that have good medical diapers wil give you a few for free or maybe ask you to cover shipping. NorthShore seni and tena to name a few will mail you a couple 100% free. All that said I have not found anything I would prefer over my mega max for me. But everyone here has a favorite diaper and a reason. I wear mega max at night because they are the best and i get dry sheets and tall leg guards for pee or poop. During the day most the time I do not have to have all that but I wear them anyway because I love the tapes and lading strip. Diapers that are plastic back with a landing strip stay on tighter for a active person. Northshore does not clump up when wet either. better Dry is a fine diaper but for me there is no comparison as they do not stay as tight fitting when active and they clump up when wet and active.
But like I said to each is own. Start looking up all the big companies and see if they have samples. If you are close between sizes try both. And if you get Mega max they run a lot bigger than most others. It is possible to get diapers to big and they will leak faster even though they are bigger because of bad fit around legs or waste. But above all whatever you decide to purchase check out real world incontinence on YouTube and look at the diaper and review before buying. They do better than anyone else at reviews. Best of luck and let me know s know what you end up trying.

What he said 👏👏👏

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
No, they are terrible for a first- timer.

It‘s going to set your expectations so high that nearly anything else you get in the future is going to disappoint you ;)

Reactions: Diaperman95 and TheGrimmRetails

Abreeze said:
I’m sorry, you said free samples??
North Shore offers a pretty generous free sample package. They even include it with regular orders just so you can see what else they have to offer.

Abreeze said:
Thank you for the advice. Do you know of any other brands I should look at starting out?
I Started with Betterdry and their my go to diaper very comfortable their plastic backed but you can't hear the very quiet under most clothing.

huggiesthick said:
I second this

I know there are a lot of MM purist out there. My choice is the German Better Drys, rather than the Chinese MM.
What material are the better drys made of?

mtl1107 said:
Absorbency wise, you can't go wrong as a starter. The only downside I would say are that the tapes are very strong and can easily rip off the plastic if you need to redo your tapes. If taping is something you're not used to, you can look at Tykables which have hook & loop tabs.
Do the tapes help you get a more comfortable feel as far as the diaper being secured to your body? Or do they serve another purpose?

RearTykeUniverse said:
No, they are terrible for a first- timer.

It‘s going to set your expectations so high that nearly anything else you get in the future is going to disappoint you ;)
I was scared of that happening honestly.

Diaperman95 said:

I was hoping for something that would hug me tightly. Thanks a bunch for all your intellect 😁

They are a poly-backed diaper with a thick SAP core.

• Love
Reactions: DinoFrant and Abreeze
MullbG said:
True that, anyways megamaxes are like the rolls royce of diapers, smooth, sultry, bulky and comfortable. Can't go wrong there, although if you've never tried, perhaps you could consider starting from the thinner end of the spectrum like Tena Maxi or Ultima, gives you're thighs a warming up before the actual bulk. See what your preference is after.
How do you deal with the tapes being the sticky ones? Often I’ve noticed they rip, or don’t reposition well, but maybe I’m not doing it right?

huggiesthick said:
I second this

Is it true that it’s better to buy them from LLMedico?

Reactions: SofiaInPampers
huggiesthick said:
They are a poly-backed diaper with a thick SAP core.

I am keeping in mind availability historically, now, and in the future. There’s nothing wrong with using the MM at all, but it’s concerning we’ve seen supply chain issues from China, container prices increasing by a factor of 10, and current/future hostilities with China.

https://panjiva.com/Northshore-Care-Supply/89867436

So if you LOVE MM you may want to stock up now or soon. Not saying there WILL be another delivery issue, but rhetoric is flying high. I have a good stash of the Mediums in pink. :)

Forgive me, I’m involved with global logistics. And while it’s getting better there are many signals that we can expect more volatility and supply chain issues.

Reactions: McClayne
Back