Your Rubber Sheet

sport1 said:
I 'am in the same boat my wife makes sure of that.
Rubber sheet or waterproof pad?

Reactions: Angelapinks
Been vinyl mattress cover for a very long time !!
They not all that costly and will last a couple years or more !

Reactions: Angelapinks
chamberpot said:
My wife put a very very loud full vinyl cover over our mattrest on the boat. no mistaking that a bed wetter is the captain of the boat.
Do you find that you tend to pee more When sleeping on a boat? Something about the sound of the water lapping on the side of the boat

Reactions: chamberpot
iampadded said:
Do you find that you tend to pee more When sleeping on a boat? Something about the sound of the water lapping on the side of the boat
not really, I pee about the same amount all the time, I always wear a diaper the mattress cover is just for a precaution in case i leak.

Reactions: Edgewater and diaperdude
I did have a thin plastic cover to protect the mattress along with a vinyl backed cloth pads under the sheets to absorb the pee. That was my protection. I grew up in late 70’s-80’s so there were no youth protection that I am aware of.

iampadded said:
I was born in the late 80's and grew up in the 90's with pull-ups, plastic pants and a rubber sheet. I was a chronic everynight bedwetter until I was about 11-12. At that point I started becoming more reliably-but not totally dry at night. By the time I was 14 or so I was out of night diapers but my Mom left the tell tale rubber sheet on my bed. Probably a good thing because I still had the occasional high school accident. I am now 30 and that rubber sheet is still on my bed at my parent's house :) When, if ever, did your Mom remove your rubber sheet?
I grew up in the 60s and 70s and had a rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17. My mom used a cream colored rubber sheet which was really slippery when it was wet. As an adult I learned to keep protection on the mattress and now use a fitted plastic or vinyl cover whatever I can find when I need a new one. The plastic ones have a tendancy to dry out and crack so have to be replaced more often than a rubber sheet or vinyl cover.

Reactions: sport1 and jaredc3
mikesecret said:
I grew up in the 60s and 70s and had a rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17. My mom used a cream colored rubber sheet which was really slippery when it was wet. As an adult I learned to keep protection on the mattress and now use a fitted plastic or vinyl cover whatever I can find when I need a new one. The plastic ones have a tendancy to dry out and crack so have to be replaced more often than a rubber sheet or vinyl cover.
I also had a cream colored rubber sheet. It had a large faded yellow sweet spot in the middle from years of resting under the top sheet of a chronic bedwetter.

Reactions: Angelapinks, jaredc3 and Deleted member 39574
mikesecret said:
When my wetting returned my wife got a mattress protector it works great.

Reactions: Angelapinks, diaperdude and chamberpot
iampadded said:
Either that or the wet sheets drying on the back of the boat in the morning :)

I'm trying to find a plastic sheet that I loud because the ones I have a quit vinyl

If you’re into loud, you probably can find those 8 mm plastic Incasements that zip around the whole mattress.

Reactions: Babybear2006
WBxx said:
I have never heard of a rubber sheet with air filled bubbles or ridges. And they’re still available in small sizes?

Personally, I have faint early memories of a smooth red rubber sheet. At some point it was replaced with a larger waterproof sheet that extended from side to side and almost to the ends of my single bed. Strange part, it had a rubber core covered on both sides with absorbent fabric. Akin to your “bubbles”, I suspect the fabric was designed to wick wetness away. However, with mom's placement of the rubber sheet beneath the mattress pad the fabric served no purpose. Quite the opposite, it was a negative in that the absorbent fabric necessitated laundering the rubber sheet every time I wet the bed.

Unable to find an old fashioned rubber sheet, I now have a fitted vinyl mattress cover. Not the same, but I kind of like slipperiness and faint crinkle of the vinyl below.
You can find Rubbersheets at Rubberfun.nl

Reactions: WillFord384 and Angelapinks
knowdog said:
You can find Rubbersheets at Rubberfun.nl
Nice assortment of colors and they make a king size.

Reactions: Rubbersheets, Angelapinks and knowdog
Back