Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

Your favourite gadget/option on your car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my favourite gadgets on my old cars were an electric starter motor (to save having to crank the engine by hand) and synchro-mesh gears (to avoid having to double-declutch). That was about as fancy as my cars got! :smile:

AEsahaettr said:
The fact that the top goes down.
parcelboy2 said:
Not worth it in sunny England :sad: too much rain even in summer
Funnily enough, the UK is actually the second-largest market in Europe for convertibles. Only the Germans buy more than we do!

I think it's part of the national obsession about the weather. We Brits may only get two days of summer a year, but when it comes, by god are we ready for it! Out come all the barbecues and convertibles and we all head to beach... causing 7hr traffic jams so we just have time to shiver with some ice cream before coming home.

I liked the six way power seat that came out way back when. When you were driving on a long trip
you change your comfort by adjusting your seat up or down, back and forth, or recline the back.

I own a Prius. I love the backup camera so much that when I use my wife's car I feel naked without it. The automatic climate control is a close second. Set it and forget it.

Cruise control.
Subaru AWD.
Lift springs.
Dual-range gearbox (not available in US market Subarus).

The one i miss the most is my air conditioning, it's degassed at the moment - you don't need it often here in southern NZ but when you need it you miss it!

I have a 2002 Subaru Forester, my favorite option is the heated rearview mirrors. I had no idea it had them, but on one cold snowy morning, I hit the button to defrost the rear window, and lo and behold, my mirrors magically became clear. I was amazed. Add the heated seats to that, and I'm rolling comfortably. It is also advertised as having "heated windshield wipers", which seems asinine, and I've yet to see them have any effect.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 2013 Mazda CX-5 and its hard for me to pick any one feature that i can definitely say that i like the most.

Perhaps the most used feature on my car is the blind-spot monitoring. It has radar sensors in the back quadrants of my car which detects when there is another person in that back corner and displays a light on my side mirrors to tell me that there is someone there (and also beeps at me if i indicate and attempt to swap into that lane) ... it has definitely saved me a few times from trying to change lanes when there is someone there.

Other then that i use a lot of the other features a lot, the lane departure warning when I'm on the highway (lets me know if I'm drifting out of the lines a little bit), and the reversing camera makes it very easy for me to get my car into and out of tight places. The integrated audio/entertainment/navigation is cool and i use it a lot but I'm kind of used to it now so its not super exciting for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back