XP 5000 (upgraded)

mayhem

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I saw that on their site. Does anyone know what upgrades were made?

There's more absorbency up front, thicker plastics, and less print on the outside. The majority of absorbtion is still in the middle, though. The top sheet is still the same, it still doesn't keep the skin dry very well. Here's a video review from realworldincon.com

Reactions: antte91
Yooo said:
There's more absorbency up front, thicker plastics, and less print on the outside. The majority of absorbtion is still in the middle, though. The top sheet is still the same, it still doesn't keep the skin dry very well. Here's a video review from realworldincon.com
I'd like to see higher padding in the front, it was as bad as a lot of the cheap pull-ups where the padding doesn't even get up to my curly hairs. (many pull-ups and cheaper diapers are a hair net with a maxipad in the crotch)

I didn't have too much of a problem with the plastic. There were a good deal of SAP grain bumps on the outer shell - maybe they got complaints about pinhole leaks as a result? I will say they DID warn me about issues with the plastic being too thin when I ordered, and I was OK with that. I never ran into an issue.

And yes my skin feels pretty damp when they're wet, that was probably my biggest criticism of them.

Last edited:
bambinod said:
I'd like to see higher padding in the front, it was as bad as a lot of the cheap pull-ups where the padding doesn't even get up to my curly hairs. (many pull-ups and cheaper diapers are a hair net with a maxipad in the crotch)

I didn't have too much of a problem with the plastic. There were a good deal of SAP grain bumps on the outer shell - maybe they got complaints about pinhole leaks as a result? I will say they DID warn me about issues with the plastic being too thin when I ordered, and I was OK with that. I never ran into an issue.

And yes my skin feels pretty damp when they're wet, that was probably my biggest criticism of them.
What size does that happen with? I know the mediums are ok in that area. Not sure about the improved versions though.

mayhem said:
What size does that happen with? I know the mediums are ok in that area. Not sure about the improved versions though.

I will check them again and get back to you. I got the 5000 in XL, I usually get L except for Kiddo and PeekABU.

The video does mention the XL size being particularly susceptible to pinhole leaks, but I had samples of the medium and large which had really thin plastic. I did notice the lower rise and the padding should be higher IMO. I decided not to go with them as I do need a high capacity diaper for my needs.

What do you normally use ,yooo? The large starts at a 44” waist so is that number accurate

qwertyqwerty said:
What do you normally use ,yooo? The large starts at a 44” waist so is that number accurate
Due to this diaper's fit and the low padding, I use size large. I'm technically a size 36 pant but to use this diaper overnight I go a size up. During the day I can use a medium, but prefer a large due to my body shape.

Alright . Thanks for getting back to me . I just don’t want the thing swimming on me . If I am normally a medium , I would assume this medium won’t fit or won’t fit well

qwertyqwerty said:
Alright . Thanks for getting back to me . I just don’t want the thing swimming on me . If I am normally a medium , I would assume this medium won’t fit or won’t fit well
No worries! I always recommend trying samples first, I know if you email XP Medical they can send you some. Everyone's body shape is different, and it's best to sample before dropping money on a whole case.

I keep looking for where it says upgraded. Can't seem to find any info on it. Anyone recall where they posted that info at?

Anyone know if the plastic is stronger at all with the upgrade? I did run into a ripping problem on one of the samples I wore a while back, likely made them too tight. I remember seeing at least one or two mentions of the issue by other folks in reviews that had the same issue. I'm assuming xpmedical is the only one with the upgrades at the moment, haven't seen liveanew mention the upgrades yet and llmedico says only the XL version will have upgrades until they go through the older stock on the other sizes.

They look like some nice padded all white plastic diapers, I know they are medical diapers but wish there wasnt all the writing on them.

Back