Wipes I Can Use On My Plastic Pants

Aspie69

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does anybody recommend a good wet wipe I can use on my plastic pants to prevent them from getting stiff?

Are you messing or just wetting?

If you are just wetting; just put them in a bucket full of water, shake them out and dry them inside on a hanger.

Occasionally I put some baby shampoo in and let them soak a bit then rinse them as above.

I have some that are still in great shape over 6 mos old.

Additionally, you have to accept plastic pants will not last forever no matter how well you take care of them.

All the above assumes you are just wetting and don’t have fecal stains. Then I don’t know what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, Edgewater and Aspie69
I never mess. I hardly even wet. Even if I don't wet, the oils from my skin will harden and stiffen the plastic.

Reactions: Edgewater
This happens to everybody. Like I said they won’t last forever. The more you wear them the more this will happen.

I am not sure if the chemicals are soaps on wipes will slow or accelerate the hardening process.

I have found going to the thicker 5 to 7 mm pants that they last much much longer Than the thinner pants.

Reactions: TigerDL and Edgewater
littlemoosey said:
This happens to everybody. Like I said they won’t last forever. The more you wear them the more this will happen.

I am not sure if the chemicals are soaps on wipes will slow or accelerate the hardening process.

I have found going to the thicker 5 to 7 mm pants that they last much much longer Than the thinner pants.
I only rise traditional plastic pants as near any soap and most wipes will cause harding as most contain some level of moisturizer.

Reactions: littlemoosey
We have to accept that our beloved plastic pants are like other forms of clothing in that they will wear out after a while. Of course their failure mode is different from that of woven garments.

Reactions: ShinyMichael and TigerDL
Aspie69 said:
Does anybody recommend a good wet wipe I can use on my plastic pants to prevent them from getting stiff?
Nope, but some people have been using automotive plastic/vinyl dressings to such an end.
Needless to say that that route can be a costly trial and error process.

I tried to find an old post about some chemical concoction which, if my memory serves me right, supposedly restores aged plastic, but it's not coming up with the obvious search terms.

Once damage is done at a molecular level, though, it's usually done and the only option is to melt it down and add fresh polymery and chemical stuff to grow new polymer chains, as far as I know (seems to be what the relevant industries do).

Back