Why is it so hard to be an artist without a degree?

A lot of companies do not take outside art work or story submissions as an example so rhey do not get caught up in copyright issues if they say no to your design but come up with a similar idea at a later date in their own there have been plenty of people who have cried foul over the years. Keep trying and try not to get discouraged as it takes time and a lot of leg work to get your first break.

Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah
LilxFawn said:
So far 6 companies have turned me down for my designs. Well more accurately 4 said no and 2 just flat out ignored me. Which don’t get me wrong I came to them unsolicited. It just SUCKS that you have to have a degree to get anywhere in life. A piece of paper shouldn’t prove my worth and talent as an artist to people. It’s so stupid and limiting. So many great artists didn’t have a degree and they became famous. Why do I need a piece of paper to get a job that I might love? It’s honestly absurd! I can’t afford the time or the money right now to go to college and I don’t have the technology to do art school at home if that’s even a possibility. I just feel so defeated and worthless.....It’s like they rip out a piece of my soul when they say no to my designs. It’s getting harder and harder to peruse art in any fashion and the constant setbacks don’t help. I’m at such a loss right now. This probably seems stupid but the constant rejection does not feel goodView attachment 39218
what kind of art do you do

skilganon said:
what kind of art do you do
i find that when i am making some thing it takes five times to get it right, i will tell you what the abdl diaper industry lacks is some one who can take advertising pictures, do you know that look the chinese are using for the wish diapers, well if more of the diaper companies payed more attention to a certain look they could sell more. keep going the best thing you can do is keep making art until you get a product and look all your own , and then once it catches on the sad thing is we wont see you for awhile

Rob110 said:
A lot of companies do not take outside art work or story submissions as an example so rhey do not get caught up in copyright issues if they say no to your design but come up with a similar idea at a later date in their own there have been plenty of people who have cried foul over the years. Keep trying and try not to get discouraged as it takes time and a lot of leg work to get your first break.
ask tavimonk how he did it, i read on here he worked for disney, if he can do it you can too

Back