Why arent cloth diapers as popular?

I use what I call diaper shells. They are like they sound, just the shell of a diaper, no absorbency padding. I have 20 inserts for 5 different diaper shells. They are 100% washable and I have only leaked once, but that was because I didn't use enough padding and didn't change the ones that were wet

Lyric said:
There must be more than a few of us who wear cloth diapers, otherwise I can't understand why there are so many sites that sell adult sized cloth diapers in a variety of colors and child like patterns. I can't be their only customer! As I said earlier I've wearing cloth diapers since I was a kid and I know many others who grew up when cloth diapers were all that was available, but we are getting long in the tooth so their must be younger diaper lovers out there who also enjoy pinning their diapers on from time to time.
I think there is alot of medical users that use cloth diapers in some way. But from experience pinning on a diaper can be a real challenge or to get a snug fit and honestly it does seem like it's one of those tasks that should be done by someone else. When I was alot skinner I could use a snappi fastener and it was secure enough but had someone try to teach me how to pin tightly and I have said I previous posts but short version I challenged her to try to pin one on herself and she did better than I did but still struggled.

I personally liked prefolds as you could dial in fit or if was like a multiple use item but fastening them was an issue. But think that's where like a contoured or ones with velcro or snaps are used. Though there is still some that use prefolds or flats, I do see out of ease of use many using like pockets or ones that don't require pins, or pullups.

Another thing and it maybe a turn on for some but not for me is if you lived in an area with a diaper service or one for adults. The issue I have is most understandably have vehicles that usually have company logos on them and I am all set have that vehicle pull up to my home weekly but if a non descript vehicle or even say pick up drop off was available I think I might use cloth more. I am not a tree hugger but I personally think cloth worked so much better but not for every occasion which & it does seem like even some parents use both cloth and disposables.

Reactions: Scotty97645
Cottontail said:
Custom, from Monika at DependEco. I bought the Lion King fabric and sent it to her. She’s super nice to work with.
I also have 5 different cloth diapers from DependCo in various cute patterns. I stuff them with extra cloth boosters. The PUL outer layer tends to leak due to the stitching…but that’s no biggie...I just wear plastic pants over them. I also have some SuperUndies but they are more like pull-on cloth “bedwetter” pants. I tend to like variety.

Back