why are you afraid to tell your doctor that you will be wearing diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been through the tests, an operation for a scar tissue in my uthrea, been on pills which should calm by bladder, all of that to no avail. Gave up and told my doctor I would deal with it myself. He has seen me in diapers, and before that I told him how I managed my wetting my pants thing. In the beginning when I started wetting myself, he simply asked me, whether I was still wetting my pants, to which I just said yes, but I manage it.

Leio said:
Even if my Seroquel was causing my IC, I wouldn't get off of it... not now. I'm at the critical juncture in my schooling. I can't risk a medication change... especially not when I have a history of severe mood symptoms. I would rather wear diapers than to become so ill that I need another psychiatric hospitalization.
100% same here. I would rather deal with the side effects and feel like myself than go back to being in a 100% panic state 24/7 and needing sedatives just to cope with existing. :(

The GP doesn't give a poo ... none of them seem to.

"Oh, you have bladder leakage problems ... here is another sheet of paper all about Kegel"

Reactions: SoS7883
I progressed from absorbent pads for small dribbling issue (I've had since my 20s) to pull ups and brief diapers. I now wear 24/7 but make a point to wear pull ups when I'm out in public.

I recently started with a new health care provider. I mentioned my history of dribbling and that I now am wearing 24/7 as my underwear of choice. I let her know that I had tried pads but found them hard to consistently position properly and switched to pull ups. I told her it is comforting for me to wear and not worry about accidents and I just plain find them more comfortable. All true.

She was fine with that explanation and just ordered the routine PSA test along with my usual annual blood labs.

Reactions: SoS7883 and bbpnts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back