Who Smells?

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Taking a long car ride home from a remote cabin recently, I had to wear a MegaMax to make the whole trip. After dealing with some car trouble in the morning, the escapade extended my usual 8 hour wear time considerably beyond the planned. To remain anonymous, I've skipped the description of the car issue saga here.

So on the way home, we stopped at one point late in the afternoon. When getting back into the car, there were remarks from the others about this horrible smell. I was mortified that it might be me, since my diaper had been wet since breakfast around 10 am. But thankfully, the dog that was travelling with us got the blame. The dog had eaten some unusual foods during our stay and that was attributed to the cause.

As a preventative measure, since I was still not sure if it was me or not, I laid my flannel jacket across my lap. This was to prevent any diaper breathing with the car movement. I am still not sure that the smell was mine or the dog's. After changing to my vehicle upon getting near home, I didn't seem to be too bad as far as I could tell. It's hard to be sure about these things.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Deleted member 66129
Poor 🐶 puppy I hope your proud of yourself
😂

• Haha
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Remember that most of us are smell-blind at one point (unless you had a load in your diaper). I've been using internal deodorants for years (chlorophyll). It doesn't hide it completely but it certainly helps. Add some quality plastic pants and you should be fine. Most of my BM accidents happen while sleeping. But once in a rare moment I've had a BM accident during the day. I'm pretty sure that nobody would notice for at least a few hours. When my girlfriend is here (she knows I'm incontinent) she told me she's never smelled like poop. She said she can smell something but she's not sure what it is (I think she's just being kind). At any rate, if you were going on a long trip with working friends, I suggest chlorophyll and plastic pants. No one would notice.

greatlake5 said:
... I suggest chlorophyll and plastic pants. No one would notice.
I was indeed taking the chlorophyll capsules. The smell wasn't from the pee itself but what happens to it after hours of exposure to air in the diaper (MegaMax).

I would have worn a plastic pant over it but the diaper was already peeking above my waist line so I decided not to. Had I known in advance about the problems that developed (car issues), I probably would have anyway. I relied on my waist being covered by T-shirt and sweater.

Back