• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Who is gobphus?

gobphus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  1. I like meeting new people and being with old friends. I have a quick wit and enjoy making people laugh with a surprising juxtaposition of thoughts. Sometimes my foot ends up in my mouth. Privacy has always been a concern of mine since I began interacting with people online in 2011. My username everywhere is the same: one of my initials plus a play on the verb "obfuscate," meaning "to make obscure." It's an ugly name, but now I'm stuck with it. Since I retired as a software engineer, I can't lose my job if I'm outed as a DL, but I still have concerns about friends and family finding out about my underwear of choice.
  2. As a very late bedwetter, I've always been fascinated by wetters and wetting. Funny thing, as a bedwetter I needed diapers but didn't wear them, so I really did wet my actual bed. So shameful! Dry by 24, I didn't need diapers and never thought about them. One day I read on WetSet about adults who wore diapers for fun. I realized that I very much wanted to wear diapers too, even though I still didn't need them. Now, because of frequently wearing and wetting diapers, I need them. Go figure. Anyway, I now wear a diaper with plastic pants to bed every night and hope that I will wet myself involuntarily during the night. What used to be a shameful experience is now a delightful surprise. With a booster in place, I like to wear my soft, warm, wet, swollen overnight diaper well into the next day -- which as a retired man I can do. I embrace diaper wearing and wetting as a way to counter the shame that I felt as a young bedwetter. I defy whatever shame is left in me for being a young person who half woke up and inexplicably thought it was okay to wet his bed and who then enjoyed the hot wetness spreading beneath him.
  3. My main interests are politics from a liberal perspective, classical music, science, baseball, good movies, and ethnic food. I have written a novel. Making puns is my specialty.
  4. I enjoy reading and talking about the above interests, as well as sharing thoughts and feelings about wetting, especially bedwetting, with other people. Talking about many of these things can lead to conflict or trigger difficult emotions. This is especially true in politics and religion, so I try to avoid many of my deepest concerns. What topics are left? Mahler versus Bruckner? Yankees versus Mets? Indian food versus Thai food? So let me try some questions relating to that which must not be mentioned post question 1. How do people deal with shame? How did people discover our common pleasure? What brands do people prefer? Do people tell partners, friends, or family members about their deepest desires? Do we have a hobby or an addiction? I hope that some of these questions will be dealt with in the forums, if not in direct exchanges.

Reactions: nectar0001, Edgewater and midrobbie49
Hello and welcome from another golden age retired wetter, great introduction, we can leave politics outside with the real adults, I wet my bed for years and never grew tired of it. I use Northshore Mega-Max and a cheap pull-up for day time. my wife has always known about my love of wetting myself both pants and the bed and has taken safety measures after a ruined mattress or 3. all kinds of hobbies that come and go , summertime will find us living on a boat wintertime it is ice fishing and puzzles at home' hope top read some more of your thoughts as you gain time here with us all.

Reactions: Edgewater
Thanks for your praise, chamberpot, and for telling me a bit about yourself. Your relation to bedwetting was more integrated than mine. Half asleep, I loved it. Awake, I hated it. Too bad about all those ruined mattresses. In the past few months I've quit using MEGAMAXes and begun to use Adventure Puffs from kitnitiative.com. They cost me $2.00 US apiece and are shipped for free. MEGAMAXes cost me $3.35 each, the last I checked. How's the ice fishing been this winter?

Welcome to the site
Greetings from a life long bedwetter and day time incontinence dude
Hope you enjoy your self here
it's an amazing community

shame is different for everyone but I find time is the best cure. As you get more comfortable with having to wear the shame goes down.
I do remember being super embarrassed years ago but now diapers are no different than a pair of pants

I wear Abena L4 (plastic version) With a tranquility booster pad

what's your go to diaper?

SparkyDog said:
Welcome to the site
Greetings from a life long bedwetter and day time incontinence dude
Hope you enjoy your self here
it's an amazing community

shame is different for everyone but I find time is the best cure. As you get more comfortable with having to wear the shame goes down.
I do remember being super embarrassed years ago but now diapers are no different than a pair of pants

I wear Abena L4 (plastic version) With a tranquility booster pad

what's your go to diaper?
Thanks for your welcome, SparkyDog. Yes, time and community drive shame out.

My go-to diaper has become Adventure Puffs. The prints are a little juvenile, but abstract or medieval enough that I don't mind.

Reactions: SparkyDog
@gobphus !
Welcome to ADISC! I hope you enjoy your stay here!!!
What is YOUR answer for the great question? Mets or Yankees!

floppyfoppsie said:
@gobphus !
Welcome to ADISC! I hope you enjoy your stay here!!!
What is YOUR answer for the great question? Mets or Yankees!
I admire the Yankees of old (Ruth & Gehrig through Maris & Mantle) and respect Jeter and Rivera, but Yankee arrogance of the Steinbrenner era annoys me. As a National League fan now, I prefer the Mets, although I root for a different team.

Reactions: floppyfoppsie
Welcome and be welcomed to this unique World of ADISC!
A truly Amazing place as near everyone here is likely wearing a diaper!

I have been a 24/7, U-IC for near 46 years. I find it near unbelievable that anyone would want this lifestyle let alone wish for it. If you can imagine a pile of wet diapers after near 46 years and all the time, cost and work that goes into it is unimaginable. There is likely a switch some place in the mind that changes when diapers wearing goes from wanting to wear to needing to wear. So, enjoy diaper wearing to your fullest, but wanting to become U-IC, it far from joyful.

I wear NorthShore MEGAMAX because my specific style of U-IC that was a result of a Car Crash and the resulting post surgeries. During the day I wear Cloth, Pre-folded, Daytime weight, diapers and the MEGAMAX diaper at night when I need the kind to volume they can hold. Your complain regarding their being costly does not take in the calculation the specific reason they are popular to US Based IC Clients. Using a specific designed product for the IC market is not going to meet the needs of someone like yourself!

ADISC is a large and varied population with a Worldwide stretch. I would never tell you what diaper you should wear for your pattern of use and as a result, I would expect the same from you.

Enjoy your time here as ADISC has a huge foot print in the AB/DL World and the best IC foot print as well.

Edgewater said:
Welcome and be welcomed to this unique World of ADISC!
A truly Amazing place as near everyone here is likely wearing a diaper!

I have been a 24/7, U-IC for near 46 years. I find it near unbelievable that anyone would want this lifestyle let alone wish for it. If you can imagine a pile of wet diapers after near 46 years and all the time, cost and work that goes into it is unimaginable. There is likely a switch some place in the mind that changes when diapers wearing goes from wanting to wear to needing to wear. So, enjoy diaper wearing to your fullest, but wanting to become U-IC, it far from joyful.

I wear NorthShore MEGAMAX because my specific style of U-IC that was a result of a Car Crash and the resulting post surgeries. During the day I wear Cloth, Pre-folded, Daytime weight, diapers and the MEGAMAX diaper at night when I need the kind to volume they can hold. Your complain regarding their being costly does not take in the calculation the specific reason they are popular to US Based IC Clients. Using a specific designed product for the IC market is not going to meet the needs of someone like yourself!

ADISC is a large and varied population with a Worldwide stretch. I would never tell you what diaper you should wear for your pattern of use and as a result, I would expect the same from you.

Enjoy your time here as ADISC has a huge foot print in the AB/DL World and the best IC foot print as well.
Thanks for welcoming me to ADISC. How unfortunate that you lost your continence due to a car crash! At least you made it out alive.

You are right to caution people to consider the implications of urinary incontinence before they seek to induce it. Seeking to become incontinent is regarded as self-harm on this site and advocating it is prohibited.

I used NorthShore MEGAMAXes and Supremes for several years, until they discontinued my blue Supremes and the Adventure Puffs were recommended to me on another site by someone who wears for need. I've found that Adventure Puffs perform as well as MEGAMAX. Both fail to wick as well as Supreme. I hope you don't think I was telling you or anyone else what diaper to wear. I was merely reporting my own experience.

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome

Reactions: gobphus
gobphus said:
  1. I like meeting new people and being with old friends. I have a quick wit and enjoy making people laugh with a surprising juxtaposition of thoughts. Sometimes my foot ends up in my mouth. Privacy has always been a concern of mine since I began interacting with people online in 2011. My username everywhere is the same: one of my initials plus a play on the verb "obfuscate," meaning "to make obscure." It's an ugly name, but now I'm stuck with it. Since I retired as a software engineer, I can't lose my job if I'm outed as a DL, but I still have concerns about friends and family finding out about my underwear of choice.
  2. As a very late bedwetter, I've always been fascinated by wetters and wetting. Funny thing, as a bedwetter I needed diapers but didn't wear them, so I really did wet my actual bed. So shameful! Dry by 24, I didn't need diapers and never thought about them. One day I read on WetSet about adults who wore diapers for fun. I realized that I very much wanted to wear diapers too, even though I still didn't need them. Now, because of frequently wearing and wetting diapers, I need them. Go figure. Anyway, I now wear a diaper with plastic pants to bed every night and hope that I will wet myself involuntarily during the night. What used to be a shameful experience is now a delightful surprise. With a booster in place, I like to wear my soft, warm, wet, swollen overnight diaper well into the next day -- which as a retired man I can do. I embrace diaper wearing and wetting as a way to counter the shame that I felt as a young bedwetter. I defy whatever shame is left in me for being a young person who half woke up and inexplicably thought it was okay to wet his bed and who then enjoyed the hot wetness spreading beneath him.
  3. My main interests are politics from a liberal perspective, classical music, science, baseball, good movies, and ethnic food. I have written a novel. Making puns is my specialty.
  4. I enjoy reading and talking about the above interests, as well as sharing thoughts and feelings about wetting, especially bedwetting, with other people. Talking about many of these things can lead to conflict or trigger difficult emotions. This is especially true in politics and religion, so I try to avoid many of my deepest concerns. What topics are left? Mahler versus Bruckner? Yankees versus Mets? Indian food versus Thai food? So let me try some questions relating to that which must not be mentioned post question 1. How do people deal with shame? How did people discover our common pleasure? What brands do people prefer? Do people tell partners, friends, or family members about their deepest desires? Do we have a hobby or an addiction? I hope that some of these questions will be dealt with in the forums, if not in direct exchanges.
Hi and welcome! You’ll find a lot of friends here!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself!!! I'm sure you'll meet lots of wonderful members to chat with about all of that. There are definitely discussions in the forums about all of the questions you asked to read through. Feel free to start new discussions too!

Reactions: nectar0001
Back