which diapers should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
askmelater47 said:
Your diaper size will closely reflect your pants size. A size 32 34 pants has a 32 in waist and a 34 in leg. When ordering online most companies will ship discreet or at least have the option of discreet shipping. The one exception here is when ordering samples. I've never ordered samples so I'm not speaking from experience but I have read other peoples posts where sometimes samples are boxed or in a standard shipping envelope but other times where they shipped in clear plastic...😬

Lots of us start with abena and some never move on. But it's my experience that there are plenty of other great diapers out there. My favorites are:

dry 24/7 which is huge and thick and holds a perfect amount. My favorite about these is how big they are, they just go on so easily and are really comfortable when worn. And they're all white.

Seni quatro which is cloth backed and really discreet and also holds a lot. Like basically the same as dry 24 or abena m4 all while being quiet and cool. My favorite part about these is the all white design and they are pretty comfortable and for a cloth backed diaper they hold a tremendous amount and they aren't prone to leaks or weeping like most cloth diapers.

Lastly Tykables. These are plastic and offered in two prints overnights which have a babyish design and fade when wet, pleather which are black with a yellow "racing stripe" which is supposed to act like a wetness indicator. They are both fairly thin and slightly less absorbent than the others yet still hold 3 or 4 good wettings/floods. They have a very nice soft plastic shell(the softest I've ever felt) and have a nice squish when soaked. Plastic landing zone which helps your tapes stick better and allows you to reposition them over and over. My favorite part is how well they show their wetness as well as the good squishy feeling they get. The fade away designs are really cool too.

If your already considering abu then I'd seriously recommend the tykables overnights. One major advantage tykables have here is discreetness which is something abu does not at all(except maybe their new preschool line which I haven't tried yet). All of Abu's premium and vintage diapers are very thick especially between the legs and will basically force you to waddle. Tykables are actually rather Slim when dry and even after several wettings they will squish around and spread out still allowing you to walk normal.

There are still more great diapers out there these are just my current top 3 and I can safely say I've tried about half of what's out there. I always get my diapers from xpmedical or direct from the manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

thank you, it helps a lot! I've always wanted a really thick diaper, so I'll look into those. I'll probably just get a sample pack first to try them out. I really can't decide which to try first though, because they all sound soooo good.

If you're set on getting diapers from a store, skip the pharmacies and food stores. Look for medical supply stores near you. They always have better diapers than depends or store brand "absorbent underwear".

SiriusPup said:
We all have freedom of choice and what works for one won't for another

I think the original brand you were thinking of were Abena M4 - which is another popular choice amounts to this forum and my personal favourite - as with all diapers make sure you get the right size to fit well - the top should reach your belly button and the leg cuffs snug but not cutting circulation

Whatever you decide have fun

thanks for the advice :) I don't think they were m4 though, because they had a different design.

Attends work also.

Attends plastic backed are decent for a budget, but may be hard to find in retail stores. Walgreens.com has them. Just be sure to check for the right ones (there are many Attends styles, most are not plastic backed) and size (you likely will be a medium).
For absorbancy, I do like the Dry 24/7, my go to when I need the most capacity. I like the Abina M4 too as it is more comfortable for me and can be cheaper if you wait for a sale, so I stock up and don't feel too bad about using more frequently.
As for cloth backed diapers, they just don't contain odor as well as plastic backed ones. If air can pass through, so can smell. Plus, in my experience, they tend to hold less (will leak before dispursing with a heavy flow). Yes the Northshores are better than typical, but their Supremes (plastic backed) are even better. Depends cloth hold little, leak like crazy, and don't retain their shape well. If going a Depend, find the plastic ones.

Argent said:
Hey buddy, ABU would be my recommendation.

For size wise have a look at the pack from the pull-ups you have now to use as a guide.

If you do order samples from ABU you should note the premium Space/Pawz/Simple are really wide in the crotch and super absorbent.

The 2 tape vintage style SDK/Cushies/Lavender (my fave) are a bit more discreet but baggy clothes and a long top would be my recommendation.

I can't recommend Depend or any current medical diapers.

thanks :) all of them sound good. I think I'll just go with whichever seems nicest when I go to buy them.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Uuugh, pant size and waist size are NOT the same. Pant size is measured just above the hips. Waist size is measured near the bellybutton. Diapers are based on waist size since this is how high they are supposed to extend up to. This is easy people, why can't we all get it then.

And skip depends. Yes they are available in stores, but they suck badly. If you need to buy diapers in a store then search online for nearby medical supply stores. They always have something much better than depends.

Now if you want a diaper that is comfortable and absorbent, and has a really good track record with fit, then go with confidry or maybe northshore supreme.

thanks for the info :) as I said I've seen many mixed reviews on depends, so I don't think it'll be my first choice. I haven't heard of the brands you mentioned at the end, but I'll definitely look into them!

Last edited:
i wear cloth diapers, they are not cbeap but pay for themsrlves over time

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cloth is an interesting option. It is a bit of a hassle to have to clean them, so not good if you are trying to be stealthy in your living arrangement. But they are great at absorbing if a side sleeper and will pay for themselves after about 10 wearings or so.

I feel like Abena M3 or ABU Preschool suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back