Where to find cloth aios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeymajor

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Doses anyone no Where to find cloth aios diapers for not too much I am trying to build a stash

Yo Joe!

Check out Babykins, AdultClothDiaper, Rearz, Snap-EZ (pockets), Dependeco, LL Medico, and...probably a few others I'm forgetting. (Maybe also try that website whose name begins with "G" and ends with "oogle." :))

You've got choices.

Just keep in mind that AIOs tend to be both more expensive and shorter-lived than just about any other kind of cloth diaper. Inevitably, the waterproof shell, leg cuffs, fasteners, and other things give out long before the padding does. The padding is also harder to get clean because it's got the shell on one side of it, and that keeps nasty stuff trapped deep down. With those things in mind, if you have to have something that goes on with snaps or Velcro, you might consider pocket diapers like the Snap-EZ or Dependeco instead. Or any other two-part cloth diaper. (Dependeco does both pockets and AIOs.) Pocket diapers have an AIO-like waterproof shell with snaps or Velcro closures, but the padding is separate. You can either buy purpose-made padding, or you can use other kinds of cloth diapers, like prefolds. In that way, when the pocket/shell/cover portion (inevitably) wears out, your investment in padding will be safe...at least for a few more years.

Something to consider!

A couple of other random suggestions/warnings about cloth diapers:
*) If you get an AIO, make sure it can go into the dryer with heat. Most AIOs are dryer-safe, because...duh! It would take absolutely for frickin' ever to dry them if they weren't. But in bygone years, a number of ABDL diaper sellers (notably Old ABU) were making/selling AIO diapers with PVC shells that weren't dryer-safe. So you got a type of diaper that naturally takes a long time to dry...but that couldn't go in the dryer. Totally useless.
*) If you don't have laundry equipment, definitely don't buy AIOs. Go for any two-part solution, and buy extra padding. Hang up a wet AIO indoors in the winter, and it'll still be damp the following week.
*) But actually, if you don't have laundry equipment, you may want to postpone your cloth diaper adventures. Cloth diapers take work, and if they take a lot of work--or if you're just waiting forever for them to dry--then you're not going to use them all that much.

Last edited:
Well I am newly semi inconvenient where I slowly leak thouout the day so I'm looking for best cost option I do have a few cloth diapers that I like so far so that's what I'm looking at .also have any of u tryd the super unies

Joeymajor said:
Well I am newly semi inconvenient where I slowly leak thouout the day so I'm looking for best cost option I do have a few cloth diapers that I like so far so that's what I'm looking at .also have any of u tryd the super unies

Some cloth diapers have a waterproof covering on them but most do not, including most "training pants" grade underwear like the super undies. For those you would need to wear plastic pants as a cover or the cloth will just conduct the wetness to your pants after it gets too wet. Cloth also doesn't contain odor well.

A lot of people with "slow dribbles" go for liners/pads/guards in their normal underwear. Those are very handy because they've got some sap in them to lock away wetness and help control odor, have enough capacity to handle a slow dribble for several hours, and are very easy to change during the day. You just nip off to the bathroom, pull out one pad and drop in another, and you're done. One guard will probably last you all day if you're just dealing with a slow dribble. It's not as cheap as cloth, but guards are pretty inexpensive and I think you'll find they're worth it for the better results.

Joeymajor said:
I haven't tried Super Undies, no. Some others here have, though, so perhaps they'll chime in. When last I looked, the adult sizes came only in rather grown-up-looking blues and grays, but I see they've got pinks and monkey prints and stuff now, so...hmmm...might have to put one of those on my wish-list.

All that said, for out-and-about convenience, I'm liking bambinod's suggestion. Maybe Super Undies for sleeping in, though?

Iv tryd the guards and they don't stay in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back