When you left your parents home and got your own place, did they subsidized your IC supplies or rent?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My parents subsidized my like style when I was in college. And I suppose they continued afterword. My dad payed for my condo after graduating. After that I told them I could handle my IC supplies even though my mom would always leave with a large bag of diapers. A few years later I bought my own house across Lake Michigan from Chicago to Michigan. I used some of my trust fund which I guess is a form of subsidized. Did your parents subsidized your life style?

Hahahahahaha. Nope I got free room and board when in university but I have bought my own clothes/diapers/treats/anything fun since I was 16 ….. when I moved out - 100% on my own, paid for everything. Even bought most of my speciality gluten free food when allergies popped up.

Now when my health problems started we bought a house together and she does pay for my car insurance, food, internet/cable, utilities because her pension/old age security is more than my monthly disability amount. But no - diapers, clothes, mortgage, everything to do with my cats (which was $600 this month because they are seniors and have had blood work and testing done) etc is all paid for by me and if I don’t have money, I don’t get it.

No trust fund either … you are a touch spoiled ;) enjoy and be grateful for your privileged family circumstance. You are very very lucky.

I guess they indirectly gave me a place to live in my early 20s, so money that would be for rent was spent on diapers.

Not directly though. Well, except maybe when I moved into my post-divorce house and they bought me a bed pad.

I would say the government subsidised my Incontinence nappies obsession since I'm on disability benefits and have been since I was 17 years old. And in the UK benefits are more then generous for disabiled people so I'm in a position to buy all the nappies I want without it making much of a dint in my monthly income. I do now wear 24/7 but only buy medical nappies.

KarmaBaby said:
No trust fund either … you are a touch spoiled ;) enjoy and be grateful for your privileged family circumstance. You are very very lucky.
I know it sounds like I'm spoiled but really I'm not. My parents are somewhat wealthy and all of my siblings gave a pretty good trust fund. I'm extremely grateful. Despite my privileged circumstances, I can't do anything about my IC. But it certainly helps my life style.

Not now, but my Dad paid for my supplies and rent in college. If I ran into problems with money now he would help if I needed it

No, not in the least bit.
I left my parents home the day I turned 18.
I had no choice in this, I can still hear my father's voice.
Your 18 today, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Reactions: puravidadip
I didn't actually move out, my parent's house caught fire. I had a good job and money in the bank, so I didn't need subsidizing. I couch hopped and/or slept in my van for a month or so until I decided on an apartment.

greatlake5 said:
My parents subsidized my like style when I was in college. And I suppose they continued afterword. My dad payed for my condo after graduating. After that I told them I could handle my IC supplies even though my mom would always leave with a large bag of diapers. A few years later I bought my own house across Lake Michigan from Chicago to Michigan. I used some of my trust fund which I guess is a form of subsidized. Did your parents subsidized your life style?
It is not a lifestyle and I have other disabilities, so yes.

Back