Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

When buying diapers, what is most important to you?

When buying diapers, what is most important to you?

• Total voters
JDCH said:
Overall, that they work. I want to ensure that they absorb they way they are meant to. As much as I would prefer not to have to use plastic-backed due to the environmental concerns, in my experience they are much more reliable than cloth-backed.

I am DL who's diaper fetish was imprinted on me before prints on diapers were a thing. To me, diapers are white and white only. That's how I remember them from my childhood. Having said that, I recognize that the AB community has pushed hard for some of the changes we see today that have resulted in a better quality diaper.

Price is also a factor. Barring a lottery win, my finances are not infinite. There are some great, quality diapers out there that are simply beyond the budget. Maybe the occasional treat but not every day wear. I tend to go with more middle of the road options like Tranquility ATNs.

Thickness, crinkle and other factors are important to some degree but it also determines what I wear at home versus what I wear when I am out in public. What I may enjoy at home I definitely will not enjoy in public, unless that is what I am going for.
Yes, i also vary the type of diaper i wear according to the setting. I always have a mix of diapers available to wear including plain white versions. However i do like a prints, and generally will only wear plain white to Dr's appointments etc. (y):giggle:

barkd74 said:
The number 1 most important thing for me is fit. Without a proper fit the diaper is not going perform its best, regardless of overall aborbancy. Without a proper fit, they are not going to be as comfortable as they should.
Yes indeed, this is very true. (y):giggle:

Bearcatz said:
I'd say Plastic backed is most important, followed by price vs performance, then brand because I don't like giving my money to one particular company anymore.

Not on the list is fit too, though. Example, Northshore Supreme checks all those boxes pretty well above, but doesn't fit me quite well enough to earn a sale vs other brands.
With you on both points, Plastic backed preferential. Also i too will spread my purchases among different brand/suppliers. (y):giggle:

i voted for capacity first and then price BUT capacity isn’t quite right. It’s how well the diaper absorbs. Being a bed wetter, for me it’s what works best for sleeping. I’ve had lesser capacity diapers absorb better than higher capacity diapers Just because of the way the diaper wicks the pee.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
Timmy53 said:
i voted for capacity first and then price BUT capacity isn’t quite right. It’s how well the diaper absorbs. Being a bed wetter, for me it’s what works best for sleeping. I’ve had lesser capacity diapers absorb better than higher capacity diapers Just because of the way the diaper wicks the pee.
Sounds like you need to try the new Rearz Daydreamer, those things are off the charts for capacity, and swell up insanely! :ROFLMAO: Definitely suited to overnight wearing. Also Tykables waddlers and overnights hold up very well without leaks. (y):giggle:

ILuvDiapers said:
Worth a look maybe? :unsure: I like Etsy, they have some really nice things, and quite a lot of ABDL sellers who make customised items.
Yup, it's almost like a hidden gem of secret abdl items there.

• Love
I find most inportant is the look and feeling of them. I love old school style all white thick diapers. So they must be white plastic , tapes and bulky.

Reactions: theancientmariner and ILuvDiapers
a combination of factors go into it. price being one. which retailer/maker has the best deal going at the time. mainly comfort and fit along with it absorbency ability. whether is it being used for day time or sleep play a factor and the activity. keeping a verity of different styles helps. i do prefer a printed diaper (ABDL style) over plain white. activity but also mood factor in whether i am being lazy or high energy.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers and theancientmariner
Joeysms said:
a combination of factors go into it. price being one. which retailer/maker has the best deal going at the time. mainly comfort and fit along with it absorbency ability. whether is it being used for day time or sleep play a factor and the activity. keeping a verity of different styles helps. i do prefer a printed diaper (ABDL style) over plain white. activity but also mood factor in whether i am being lazy or high energy.
I've been wearing a lot of NRU Str8ups, and can personally they fit all your specifications pretty well except the prints. Mine are pink.

• Love
Reactions: Joeysms
My ideal choice would be as follows
Padding of an alpaca, but with hook and loop, a little less crinkle than the alpaca, (it's so loud I'm afraid to leave my room)
Scented, and like everyone else, much duller ink on the prints, I'm a dl, why not have more grownup things, that match my interests as prints? As in pizza? Or thc flowers? Maybe food on a diaper isn't a great combo.

Mega Max's are amazing, except it feels like you are wearing a large trash bag around your waist,
I like buying rearz with prints because they seem to be much softer.

I wish there were guidelines on how to wear each of them, I never know if I have them too tight or too lose, ever since a megamax leaked, I'm not too sure if I'm putting mine on correctly. Nor do I trust them.

All of a sudden I went from peeing immediately when I wake up, to my body deciding I can hold it till I get up to go to the bathroom to shower, and than the water running really helps me get over my trust issues with them.

The incontrol line seems to be much softer than the megamax fyi

Joeysms said:
Yes, I always try to take advantage of sales too. Comfort and fit are indeed important, as is absorbency factor. I like prints too, although i like to keep a varied selection of different styles and types of diapers. I always keep a couple of packs of plain white diapers for the odd occasion i don't want to wear a printed diaper, but generally i like wearing prints and trying new ABDL diapers as they become available. (y) :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joeysms
theancientmariner said:
I've been wearing a lot of NRU Str8ups, and can personally they fit all your specifications pretty well except the prints. Mine are pink.
NRU STR8UPS are very good diapers, if you prefer plain white, pale blue of pink, without the print. they aren't overly expensive, and at 8000ml very capable. (y):giggle:

Reactions: theancientmariner
Pizzanque said:
My ideal choice would be as follows
Padding of an alpaca, but with hook and loop, a little less crinkle than the alpaca, (it's so loud I'm afraid to leave my room)
Scented, and like everyone else, much duller ink on the prints, I'm a dl, why not have more grownup things, that match my interests as prints? As in pizza? Or thc flowers? Maybe food on a diaper isn't a great combo.

Mega Max's are amazing, except it feels like you are wearing a large trash bag around your waist,
I like buying rearz with prints because they seem to be much softer.

I wish there were guidelines on how to wear each of them, I never know if I have them too tight or too lose, ever since a megamax leaked, I'm not too sure if I'm putting mine on correctly. Nor do I trust them.

All of a sudden I went from peeing immediately when I wake up, to my body deciding I can hold it till I get up to go to the bathroom to shower, and than the water running really helps me get over my trust issues with them.

The incontrol line seems to be much softer than the megamax fyi
Have you tried Rearz Baryards? :unsure: They have Hook and loop fastening, soft plastics and aren't overly bright. Re fitting there are quite a few you tube vids showing how to put an adult diaper on correctly, that might help you. (y):giggle:

Reactions: Pizzanque
ILuvDiapers said:
Have you tried Rearz Baryards? :unsure: They have Hook and loop fastening, soft plastics and aren't overly bright. Re fitting there are quite a few you tube vids showing how to put an adult diaper on correctly, that might help you. (y):giggle:
I'm not sure if I watched any Youtube videos on how to properly diaper yourself before I bought my 1st one in 2013 or not, but I got it down, and can vaguely remember how tight it felt when I stood up and felt what it was like to wear an actual diaper that fits me for the 1st time. There were a few failed attempts years prior, and I was totally clueless on how to do it. So glad I had my own place and privacy to do whatever I wanted here. Such a wonderful feeling when I was new to diapers again. Now, I'm so used to them, it's become a part of who I am, something I've been missing my whole life.

Reactions: Pizzanque
ILuvDiapers said:
So like the question asked:-

When buying diapers, what is most important to you?​

If plain white works for you, then it works for you. We are all different, and all have different needs. (y):giggle:
slimjiminy said:
I hate the wetness indicators also. Drop them and reduce the price too.

What? No prints? No babies, fuzzy animals, soothers and ABC images? It amuses me that you never find these on cloth diapers but so many people need "variety" on their disposables. Plain white works for me.
Well, O.P., you just ask really good questions, that happen to be situational dependent Thanks. See? Now that I know Daddy's safe, and not playing turtle, it's safe to be in headspace, so, prints matter.

Back