When are you most paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrewgdfw said:
@ ALWAYS:

No need to reply to a door bell anymore than you'd pick up on a telemarker calling you. I ignore many a doorbell, 98% of which are solicitors of some sort. If you absolutely must answer the door,
just have a robe handy on the deck with you -- simple as that. I ignore phone calls unless there is an ID and a message left for ME from a caller I KNOW.

If later challenged over WHY you didn't answer your door, just say you must have been in the shower, doing laundry, asleep, out back, in the basement, etc. You just didn't hear the knock or bell.

I figure if someone really needs to find me, they can text, leave a phone message, E-mail or snail-mail me. I'm hardly out of reach!

Or be honest and say you didn't feel like answering the door. Heck, I once turned away a cop at my front door. Well, actually I yelled through the door "go way, I don't care". He didn't like that, but ultimately did go away right before I was about to call 911 on his A$$ without a warrant.

Just because someone is there, doesn't mean you're obliged to answer it. The same with the phone. You don't need a reason to not answer, you need a reason too answer.

" You don't need a reason to not answer, you need a reason to answer. "

A very good way to view it, indeed!

I feel most paranoid. When I'm around possible criminals. Our town is getting bad with the wrong kind. You can tell the outsiders from the native towns folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back