What’s In Your Diaper Bag?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I’m taking my little on a trip to the mountains in 2 weeks. It’s gonna be kinda snowy and cosy as we are in a nice little cabin. Gonna keep her diapered up the whole time over the 2.5 days we’ll be there. So of course I need to pack a good amount of supplies. I’ve already got a good list of things I need, but if you were going on that trip, or heading out with your little? What would you bring?

• Nappies/diapers (Obviously)
  • Boosters for nighttime and road trips.
  • Wipes
  • Nappy Sacks
  • Baby Powder
  • Barrier Cream (if needed)
  • Changing Pad
  • Disposable bed pads (to protect the bed and also something for for baby to lie or sit on whole airing them out)
  • Spare change of trousers/pants if you’re away from the cabin at all.
  • Dummy/paci.
  • Comfort item.
Can’t think of anything else, feel free to take what you would like and leave the ones you don’t ☺️.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistykitty, Akura and BabyLink9
BabyLink9 said:
I’m taking my little on a trip to the mountains in 2 weeks. It’s gonna be kinda snowy and cosy as we are in a nice little cabin. Gonna keep her diapered up the whole time over the 2.5 days we’ll be there. So of course I need to pack a good amount of supplies. I’ve already got a good list of things I need, but if you were going on that trip, or heading out with your little? What would you bring?
Well I make sure I have the basics like powder, wipes, diapers, cream. But then there is the over night element. So pjs, stuffie, paci, snacks, sippy cup or bottle, also a big blanket to put down for her to play on in case the floor is cold and hard. I like to give bathes so need bubbles and a few floaty toys. Might be nice to surprise her with a new coloring book and crayons for the ride up. If its cold you want to make sure she's bundled up and maybe make s'mores. Sounds like a lovely trip have fun!!😊

Reactions: diaperdude and BabyLink9
AsherDearing said:
  • Nappies/diapers (Obviously)
  • Boosters for nighttime and road trips.
  • Wipes
  • Nappy Sacks
  • Baby Powder
  • Barrier Cream (if needed)
  • Changing Pad
  • Disposable bed pads (to protect the bed and also something for for baby to lie or sit on whole airing them out)
  • Spare change of trousers/pants if you’re away from the cabin at all.
  • Dummy/paci.
  • Comfort item.
Can’t think of anything else, feel free to take what you would like and leave the ones you don’t ☺️.
Think you pretty much covered every base possible! Thank you! I didn’t think to add a spare pair of pants or changing pad…
HoneySnow said:
Well I make sure I have the basics like powder, wipes, diapers, cream. But then there is the over night element. So pjs, stuffie, paci, snacks, sippy cup or bottle, also a big blanket to put down for her to play on in case the floor is cold and hard. I like to give bathes so need bubbles and a few floaty toys. Might be nice to surprise her with a new coloring book and crayons for the ride up. If its cold you want to make sure she's bundled up and maybe make s'mores. Sounds like a lovely trip have fun!!😊
Paci, snacks, and sippy cup I totally forgot! A new coloring book would be fantastic! I should have thought about that for one of the days we are up there. Thanks for the input :)

Reactions: diaperdude
BabyLink9 said:
Think you pretty much covered every base possible! Thank you! I didn’t think to add a spare pair of pants or changing pad…

Your welcome 🥰. Hope you and your little have a fantastic holiday ☺️.

Reactions: BabyLink9
I would add disposable diaper bags also.

Reactions: BabyLink9
i would add bandages (of course Child friendly with cartoon characters like Paw Patrol , my little pony etc.) just in case , to cover any ,,hurt" places.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistykitty
BabyLink9 said:

Paci, snacks, and sippy cup I totally forgot! A new coloring book would be fantastic! I should have thought about that for one of the days we are up there. Thanks for the input :)
Happy to help, hope it's a wonderful get away 🤞😊

I didn't see it on here yet and am very surprised babies have very delicate skin and therefore Sun Screen should be in every diaper bag. It is the diaper cream for you face and the rest of your body.

I wear 24/7 because of incontinence and have found wearing onesies help stop/prevent leaks, the only thing is you have to have an extra onesies because they also are the first to get wet or dirty. Additionally babies are messy at least I am so an additional onesie, socks, pants and short are a great idea.

As for changing mat when I am at hotel/cabin/home (really any place where I can change off the floor ie: bed, table, chaise, and etc.) I use a Rearz change pad. For times when I am out around town or adventuring I use a waterproof blanket (originally designed for picnics and is 6 feet by 6 feet and folds down to 14 inches by 3 inches by 8 inches) this works great because most of the time when diaper changes are happening on the ground and you never know if water or other yuckiness will be on ground, so being big allows my mommy to kneel at the end while I lay down and neither of us has to be directly on nasty floor.

Last edited:
alfenton said:
For times when I am out around town or adventuring I use a waterproof blanket (originally designed for picnics and is 6 feet by 6 feet and folds down to 14 inches by 3 inches by 8 inches) this works great because most of the time when diaper changes are happening on the ground and you never know if water or other yuckiness will be on ground, so being big allows my mommy to kneel at the end while I lay down and neither of us has to be directly on nasty floor.

Actually, just found this when searching for a picnic blanket after reading your post. Something this small and compact might make a good nappy bag addition 🤔.

AsherDearing said:
Actually, just found this when searching for a picnic blanket after reading your post. Something this small and compact might make a good nappy bag addition 🤔.

Mine is like the picture below.
When Mommy and I fly places I put it in a duffle with 3 to 4 diapers and 3 to 4 booster pads, a brand new package Huggies wipes, rash cream, travel size baby powder, trash bags (grocery bags), disposable rubber gloves and medicines and that becomes one of my carry-on items (I have had 3 carry on items with no issues. I had my laptop bag, medicine lock box and diaper bag, the medicine box and diaper bag are considered personal items. Now I combined my diaper bag and medicine box into a duffle bags that is big but one less item to carry and keep track of.). I STRONGLY suggest putting enough diapering supplies for at least 48 hours in a carry-on bag because if you get to your destination and they have lost your luggage it can take a day or more sometimes for luggage to reconnect with you.

When Mommy and I are running errands I use the same blanket (Like the one imaged below.) and as I folded up the blanket I add the following in one of the folds just before doing velcro:
1 Diaper
1 Booster Pad
1 Travel size Baby Powder
1 Clean Onesie (I wear white onesie as under shirt but if you don't wear onesies all the time or
1 Package of Baby Wipes (I only use brand new packages of wipes because they dry out once the package is open)
1 Small bottle Perineal Spray
Then use Velcro to hold it all together in one single pouch. When Mommy needs to change me we locate the nearest family restroom and bring in the one pouch not big back pack that draws a lot of attention.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231019_162108_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231019_162108_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KBoy and AsherDearing
AsherDearing said:

Make sure you get one that has a length at least as long as the person being changed is tall.

Also I have used a similar product to the one you linked to, called Monkey Mat and found that having one with a little padding is better for caregiver cause they are kneeling on ground and the baby being changed. The big thing is make it work for you, it is size and weight vs comfort, more size and weight equals more comfort.

I really hope you and your little one have some special conversations, cuddles and plenty of silly games to play.

As for the list.
A big girl outfit and few pairs of panties (if it's an emergency, she may not want to be little, especially if the two of you have to evacuate)
6 incontinence pads or pull ups. Incase taped diapers just aren't an option.
Stickers to decorate her big boring grown up suitcase.
Satellite phone and walkie talkies Incase of emergency.

A box of canned food, cereal bars, hard candy and bottled water (only enough for three days cause it's a short trip and only of you're driving or the cabinet loses electricity a lot)
An extra heavy blanket.two metal water bottles.

In her suitcase, cute puffy coat, fuzzy socks, snow suit. Long sleeve onesies, warm pants and an extra pair of pants. Maybe some cute pajamas too.

Couple of pacifiers, pacifier wipes, kids dinning set and a sippy cup.
Couple of coloring books, magnetic puzzles, dress up scenes, play scenes , a doodle board, a few stories and stick puppets.
An MP3 player with external speakers.
Her favorite doll or stuffed animal and small bag of said toys accessories (bibs & bottles, AG doll stuff, build a bear clothes)

I left out the diapers but i feel like a lot of you are already on it.

Diapers, wipes, cream, powder, disposable pad, grocery bag or diaper disposal bag, change of pants and shirt and socks,extra paci, gloves, stuff I would bring just on a regular day going out...

Two desposible diapers, wipes, disposble bags, gloves ,baby powder,and hand sanitizer,

A fun game or toy is a must

Back