What's going on...

PaigeCherubiel said:
Bobbi Sue Van Halen? 😁😇
I'll still be Bobbi Sue Ellen Colleen Wetmore here...always. Just something else to the Muggles. I love my girl name! 🥳

BobbiSueEllen said:
So, now...I begin my name change in June or July. It's time. I can't be a namesake anymore (I believe naming a kid after yourself is, basically, child cruelty)...plus my Hispanic name is causing awkwardness in others I speak with, especially those who look--and are--more Hispanic than myself. I look Dutch...got mother's DNA. Sooo...I got a Dutch name selected and ready to make official. Might just qualify for the waiver of the basic $166 fee due to my income status. Might...which will come in handy for the 20 official, stamped decrees to send to creditors, Dept. of Licensing, docs, Social Security, etc.

Oh...I found a nice, nongendered Dutch first name. Started using it in certain places, to acclimate.

I'm ready to move forward.

My wife changed her first name, too. Twelve years ago. It's a long and complicated story. After the name change went through, she was extremely relieved and is happy with her new name.

I also changed my name using a trick, eighteen years ago. So we both have experience.

It's like molting.

Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
Back