What's a good quiet plastic backed diaper?

Sheepies

Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Love the odor control of plastic but not the sound in a quiet room.

I know cloth backed is better for noise reduction but it doesn't have the same odor control.

Does anyone know any good plastic backed diapers that aren't too crinkly for daytime use? Doesn't need to be super absorbent.

I've heard good things about ABU preschool cloth backed. That they're basically plastic diapers with a cloth like outer cover. Is that true?

I would say that cloth backed is the way to go for noise reduction, most plastic-backed diapers, even the ones with a softer outer plastic are gonna have some form of crinkle 😄 I love it when they crinkle ☺

I haven't worn them in a while, but I found the plastic-backed ABU Preschool's were significantly more silent than other ABU brands and other brands like Crinklz, Bambino and Rearz.

To answer your Pre-School questions, Pre-Schools are made in both a cloth-backed format and a plastic backed format. I have never tried cloth-backed Pre-Schools, but from what I have heard from other ABs, they are legitimately cloth-backed, they perform just as well as the plastic-backed variant and they are a sought after daytime/out and about diaper because they are quiet and a little less bulky than the other ABU brands.

I'm not sure if there are other quieter options on the market :unsure: I will say that even the bulkiest and crinkliest of diapers will quiet down a bit if you wear something overtop of them like undies or sweatpants :)

Last edited:
Crinklz are one of the quieter plastic backed diapers I've run across lately. In general, noise is more of an issue in our heads than reality but some diapers are easier to notice than others.

I agree. With poofybutt. I wear dry 24 diaper and I put underwear over it and I never hear a sound. It just makes me walk weird but I am starting to feel. Funny why do you need to have two types of underwear seems like. It should. Be pants then diapers. But underwear or boxers help.

Crinklz are very quiet under Jean's. Even loose baggy ines

Tranquility atn work great

Reactions: intfusmil
I have also found that wearing a PUL diaper cover helps reduce the crinkle noise. Plus it provides add protection from surprise leaks while you are out.

Abena is pretty quiet so are northshore megamax the megamax is bulky but it's just my opinion but I think it is the best diaper I have ever worn elite care is good too

I wear Betterdry or the printed version Crinklz Aquanauts and have no issues with crinkle sounds with jeans and a onesie They are a diaper I can trust to do their job so I would wear even if there was a crinkle sound as most times ambient noise would mask it any ways.

Nothshore mega max are very quiet and very absorbent.

anything without the clear taping panel on the front will be quieter. I agree that BetterDry/Crinklz are very quiet, and I further agree about using PUL pants over them as a silencer.

Actually the Tena plus, maxi and ultima active fit diapers are very quiet. It is my to go to diaper for when I am out and about.

depends are super quiet, tranquilty atns are also pretty quiet,

Back