What was it like to wear diapers in Elementary School?

I had to wear diapers and rubber pants in the first grade. I was not thrilled about, got teased a lot and the teacher always seemed impatient that I still had to wear diapers. She would speak with my mom about it especially when I wet myself. Mom had to come by to change me and that was embarrassing. I continued to wear diapers at night because I kept wetting my bed. Finally stopped needing diapers when I was a senior in high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: thedlguy, Angelapinks and Freddie07601
I wore to Elementary( Primary) when I was 8 year old .
Only once for like 3-4 days. I was on some medication and my bladder was quite active. I was in diapers just do be safe if I can’t reach toilet. Disposable diapers
I was nervous that somebody will notice but everything went well. It was during winter and under all that clothing was completely stealthy. Only teacher knew about it

Reactions: Angelapinks
I've been potty trained very (too early?) early. Just after 1yo, before 18 months. In the sixties, there was a lot of pressure to avoid cloth cleaning.

When I started preschool (at 3.5), I clearly remember other kids (probably a bit youger) wearing diapers (Cloth and plastic pants). They had some special time with the "adults" to get their diapers changed and I was clearly jealous. I asked my mom but "no way"...

These are part of my first souvenir about wanting to be diapered... Could I say that seeing other kids in diapers induced my passion?

Reactions: Napincolove and Angelapinks
Although I was DL at the time, I never wore diapers to school. How ever, there was a kid in my class that did. He was the new kid & I was assaigned to show him around. I introduced him around. Ver quickly I realized he was being shuned. When I asked why I was told because he wears diapers. That's when I noticed the tell tale bulges in his pants. This was like 5th grade & at recess, he played with the 2nd graders. He rode the bus with me & I remember he had a kinda flight bag that was in reality a diaper bag. At lunch he he went to the nurses office for a change. I was in there getting patched up when he came in. The nurse quickly took him over and had him lay down. She pulled a screen to hide what was going on but there was enough of a gap so I could see. I remember being horribly embarrassed but didn't look away. I was afraid if I had anything to do with him they might suspect me. Although I never hassled him, others did, I did give him a wide berth. Now I wish I would have got to know him. We might have been able to have some fun. This was in the early 60s. Things were not as open as they are now.

Reactions: thedlguy, kather1mack and Lewis Badger
I would hate to be in school in the 60s.

bobbilly said:
I would hate to be in school in the 60s.
It was a very up tight time. However the trade off was I think children were safer. This gave us a lot more freedom.

I remember my special education teacher in 1st grade given me a bath every day before we went home and putting me back in a diaper instead of a pullup she was the one who got me potty trained during the day. Even though I still had occasional accidents and was kept in pullups for a few more years

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks
I was allowed to wear tighty-whities over the Pull-Up I had on. One day I was ten and I bent over my desk to pick up a pencil I'd dropped. I heard a snicker (I'd always been pretty careful, but I guess that day I was careless) and after school I got roughed up by the bully.

Back