What Tv Shows And Movies That You Were Not Allowed To Watched When You Were Little.

simpsons and family guy were NOT allowed to be on our tv, i was forbidden to watch power rangers becaus some kid in the states killed or hurt his sister or something. I was also “forbidden” to watch sailor moon but she wasn’t home from work when it was on and I liked it. It and power rangers were “too violent“ but At the same time (about 6) i was encouraged to watch Star Trek voyager .... because my mom liked it lol. Double standard. Even when I was 14/15 my mom would try and get us to not watch 14A movies and watch something more appropriate. The trouble I got it when I came home after watching 8 days of Christmas in theatre (or whatever the title was, the Adam sandler movie), I was 14 mom, I had no problem getting into the movie ....

dogboy said:
Did you get the image of the Indian along with the tone when midnight struck? That brought back memories.
You mean this one?-

yep.

LONG before it became mainstream, the concept of cleaning-up our act and respecting the planet we call 'Home' was happening...

DiaperedStag said:
You mean this one?-

yep.

LONG before it became mainstream, the concept of cleaning-up our act and respecting the planet we call 'Home' was happening...

No. This was just a stationary black and white picture of an Indian's head in full headdress, like on the Indianhead penny. It was the last thing you saw as the TV station was signing off. This would have been in the early '50s. I think my parents were one of the first people in our neighborhood to get a TV. I also remember seeing the first Today Show with Dave Garaway. I may have been about 4 years old. We pulled our TV stations in from New York City and Philadelphia. My dad had an antenna on a motor so we could rotate the antenna to pull in stations from either NYC or Philly. High technology!

I was a preteen or something. I had a DVD copy of Jackass The Movie which was a movie adapted from the TV show on MTV and there were a couple of times that my mom noticed I was watching and she took the DVD away each time. But now, I can't even watch R rated movies anymore because I just no longer feel safe. Same thing with M rated games.

Last edited:
Back