What to do if your boyfriend likes diapers

I wish my wife was ok with me wearing. I think it was 5 years ago in our marriage I started wearing. I think I always liked wearing when I was younger. It was my safe place. When I started again, it took me back to my innocence before my childhood got violated. That is a whole other story. When I let her know about my like for diapers she did not like it at all. After a few years she was tolerable. I haven't worn for almost a year now. Felt shamed and guilty wearing even though I tried to do it discreetly because I knew she didn't like it. Sometimes I need to wear at night. I miss that safe and secure feeling at night. She would not like me if I bought more and started wearing again. I try to use the excuse that I almost wet the bed or tell her that she almost had to clean the sheets again. Which is true, it almost happened. And the sometimes issues of leaky gut and IBS she knows about doesn't change her mind. Sorry for the TMI. Anyway, just having struggles being without wearing. Those of you that have supporting SOs are very lucky. What I would give to feel the safety and hug feeling of a nice, soft diaper.

• Sad
Reactions: Subtlerustle
can anyone help me? i got together with what i thought was a very masculine grown up man, who is also very phsyically strong and big. a few months in he told me he was submissive and into bondage and had visited a professional dominatrix for many years. he has stopped since seeing me, he says, as he is a 'one woman man'. i dont mind a bit of switching so this was ok. but then at 6 months he finally showed me a box full of nappies and rompers, dummies and bottles. i was stoned at the time, and tried to just let it sink in. since then we've had a few sexualised sessions with him wearing them. but i know he also wears them on his own for comfort which is ok in his own flat and i understand to a degree what sort of safely feeling it offers him. however our sex life has really gone off the boil and the other night he came to stay with me and asked if he could wear his diaper in bed just to sleep (ie non sexually). i was ill at the time with a cold, and didnt have much fight in me. but as the night went on i noticed i didnt want to hug him or him to hug me in his onsie and nappy. i missed the feel of his adult masculine body against me, of his powerful thighs and buttocks against mine. i've woken up feeling really sad this morning because of it. i just dont know how to tell him without upsetting him. i'm getting a sinking feeling about our relationship and he says that i dont trust him. i know he's been on online abdl sites in the past and hooked up but he wont talk about it and got very defensive about me asking. he lied about it initially. honestly i dont know whether i'm coming (i'm not) or going.
what do i do when the man i though he was just isnt really wanting to be intimate with me in a way that once made me happy but wants something very different from me. help please.

Last edited:
Both of you are in a tough situation. I can somewhat relate because I am in a similar situation, although with some differences.
Some things for you to think about:
Your bf’s interest (s) will not change. He is sub (with diapers) and apparently into it enough to actually go out and pay for it. Your vivid description of the masculinity you obviously like in his outward appearance most likely means that it is important for you. So that will probably not change for you.

Both of you need to come to grips with how the strengths of each of your likes and needs are not aligned. If he told you to give up how you are turned on by your view of masculinity, how would you react? If you told him to give up diapers and being sub, how would he react?

Many will recommend that you both come to some accommodation of each other’s needs and desires. But is that realistic? Speaking from my experience, a DL always wants acceptance and, if it is not received, there will always be that vacuum. Can he live with that or will he need to go elsewhere for that acceptance and can you live with that accommodation?

Can you live with your knowledge of his sub/diaper passions which do not appear to be your cup of tea? Some people can keep sex compartmentalized and just enjoy the moment. Others cannot. My wife can not do that.

Hopefully I have given you some things to think about. Sorry it is not a rosy, optimistic picture but I believe it is a realistic view.

In my case, while my DL interests pale in comparison to you bf’s, they are bothersome enough for my wife and I to begin a separation after over 40 years of marriage. To be clear, while there are other unresolved issues between my wife and I, my diapers have certainly contributed.

Good luck to both of you. Feel free to message me if you wish to chat more on this subject.

Reactions: DPLuvAB, TigerDL, Kittyinpink and 3 others
That's to complex a situation for me. I'm both DL AB and submissive in nature. Also I have exercised body due to working hard and my gardening hobby. What I can definitely tell you is myself , I will never change. Nothing will ever take away those needs. I developed from a very young age and I really think my brain is completely set on ABDL and submissive tendencies.. so if you want to make it work you will need to accept the whole package. I'm sorry for your situation in this case. There is nothing else I can say. The fact you are asking on this site shows you care and want to try. I admire you for that and I can only wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: SofiaInPampers
northernlass said:
can anyone help me? i got together with what i thought was a very masculine grown up man, who is also very phsyically strong and big. a few months in he told me he was submissive and into bondage and had visited a professional dominatrix for many years. he has stopped since seeing me, he says, as he is a 'one woman man'. i dont mind a bit of switching so this was ok. but then at 6 months he finally showed me a box full of nappies and rompers, dummies and bottles. i was stoned at the time, and tried to just let it sink in. since then we've had a few sexualised sessions with him wearing them. but i know he also wears them on his own for comfort which is ok in his own flat and i understand to a degree what sort of safely feeling it offers him. however our sex life has really gone off the boil and the other night he came to stay with me and asked if he could wear his diaper in bed just to sleep (ie non sexually). i was ill at the time with a cold, and didnt have much fight in me. but as the night went on i noticed i didnt want to hug him or him to hug me in his onsie and nappy. i missed the feel of his adult masculine body against me, of his powerful thighs and buttocks against mine. i've woken up feeling really sad this morning because of it. i just dont know how to tell him without upsetting him. i'm getting a sinking feeling about our relationship and he says that i dont trust him. i know he's been on online abdl sites in the past and hooked up but he wont talk about it and got very defensive about me asking. he lied about it initially. honestly i dont know whether i'm coming (i'm not) or going.
what do i do when the man i though he was just isnt really wanting to be intimate with me in a way that once made me happy but wants something very different from me. help please.
If you feel this way, I get it. You did not sign up for it and you cant help how you feel. You want a masculine man and not an adult baby.
Would you be up for taking care of him in this way once a week? Or once a month? Would that even be enough for him? Would he be up for acting like your masculine boyfriend 90% of the time and an adult baby 10% of the time?
If you just cant see yourself playing Mommy in anyway without cringing and wishing it was over, you should probably move on. Both of you are going to feel let down and unaccepted.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Saltedcaramel64 said:
If you feel this way, I get it. You did not sign up for it and you cant help how you feel. You want a masculine man and not an adult baby.
Would you be up for taking care of him in this way once a week? Or once a month? Would that even be enough for him? Would he be up for acting like your masculine boyfriend 90% of the time and an adult baby 10% of the time?
If you just cant see yourself playing Mommy in anyway without cringing and wishing it was over, you should probably move on. Both of you are going to feel let down and unaccepted.
I have to agree.. I really don't like posting anything negative on purpose , but unless northanlass can sincerely adapt to the situation it's probably best to kindly and nicely move on. We all have our kink's , all of us.. so don't forget to be understanding and try to love each other.. we are all basically the same.. sorry if I sound like a silly hippie type , but I really do believe what I wrote and I really want everyone to be happy. A world full of unhappy people is a awful world...

Reactions: Kayleigh and Saltedcaramel64
northernlass said:
If this were me, I would start by having a real serious conversation with your partner. Tell him how you feel and have a conversation about what you want out of the relationship. Then have him share what he wants out of the relationship. There needs to be full honesty so you both can understand each other's point of view. Then you both will have to decide if there is a middle ground where you both can be happy, and if this something you are BOTH willing to adapt for.

Don't forget that your feelings matter too, and your partner needs to respect that. Let him know what you are and are not comfortable with. For me personally, there are some things I wasn't comfortable at first, that I am now. There are also some things that I may never be comfortable with. However, my partner and I have talked about these things many times, and he understands my boundaries.

Relationships like this CAN be very intimate and special, if both parties are willing and there is constant open communication and trust. And it sounds like you are open enough to try it out and be understanding which is a good sign!
I hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DPLuvAB, TigerDL, BabyLink9 and 1 other person
Thank you so much for this post, I found it so inspiring. My boyfriend recently came out to me and it gave me the reassurance I needed.

We are now 6 months on from when he told me so I wanted to take the opportunity to share some of my experiences and provide a positive story to the community because we have gone from strength to strength in recent months as a couple and recently got engaged.

I was quite shocked initially and we started very slowly as I wanted time to get my head around it. We also had to work out what we were comfortable with and what our boundaries are. While I was very reluctant at the start, I tried to make an effort after a few weeks by encouraging him to wear nappies openly, putting a dummy in his mouth and eventually changing his nappy for bed each night. You need to decide what you’re prepared to do but I’d also encourage you to go into it with an open mind and forget any preconceptions you have because it’s just really a harmless piece of roleplay between two consenting adults.

I am so glad that I gave it a go because it cemented our relationship and our love for each other. While there’s been a few challenging bits, I would say that it’s been overwhelming positive and therefore I thought it might be valuable for others to hear some of our experiences.

Firstly, it was clear what a big deal telling me was for my partner. He was very embarrassed and scared so I was honoured that he valued our relationship enough to tell me about this side to his life and trusted me to keep it secret. Due to experience with previous relationships, I had always been quite paranoid about trust and worried about him leaving me but when I learnt about him being an ABDL, it really helped and I now have total confidence and trust in our relationship. Trust is one of the greatest components of any relationship - there’s no greater demonstration of that than telling me about this and allowing me to share in his secret. I actually read an academic study that showed that happiness and faithfulness was significantly higher in relationships where there was an ABDL and I can see why.

The second positive that I’ve noticed since he told me about being an ABDL is that I’ve become more confident in the relationship. I have always enjoyed being in control and looking after others but I’m not always the most confident and found myself struggling to make decisions or feel assured in our relationship. When he’s in nappies, I have no issue taking charge and have started to enjoy the control that I have over him - I know that he also quite likes this and while I would never overuse this, I have begun to start telling him when it’s time for his evening nappy or just randomly checking his nappy and deciding that it’s time for a change. I know that he really likes this and it also makes me feel great as I know I’m making him feel secure and happy while I feel empowered and motherly. I also love how he acts when he’s in baby mode - he’s much kinder, gentler and just generally easier to be around. He has a very demanding job and was always very serious so I feel that this gives him a total escape and the chance to just switch off. I also have quite a high pressured job and also find this allows me to unwind from reality too. Since things began, I’ve seen a totally different side to him and I love him even more as a result. He might be nearly 31 now but he’s also looks very cute (and a bit ridiculous) when he’s sat in his nappy with a dummy in his mouth :) When he’s in baby mode, he’s very docile and always happy to help and be ‘good’ which is quite a change from before - I treat him how I would treat a 3 year old and he responds just a 3 year old would except with less tantrums!

The final point I would like to make is around how it’s improved our intimacy. We have never been the most affectionate couple and had very limited physical contact. A key reason for this is that I had a bad experience with a man when I was younger and that really impacted my desire for intimacy. Since I have begun to play a more active role in the role play, I’ve found myself far more comfortable being intimate with him. I can’t put my exact finger on why but I think it might be because I was embarrassed and paranoid about how I might look before but now, I see him dressed as a baby and I don’t feel worried about looking ridiculous. It’s also hard to explain this one and it sounds silly but I feel more in control and reassured when he’s in a nappy - I am the one leading the affection and when I am changing his nappy or putting a dummy in his mouth, there is almost an implicit plea from me of “look at me I am defenceless, please take care of me, I am no threat” - I don’t have any fear that he will act improperly to me, especially because I know his greatest private secret (not that I’d ever share it). Anyway, we are now a lot closer and as crazy as it sounds, it becomes quite special when I change his nappy because it gives us a few minutes where we can escape reality and be together in the moment.

Many of my friends used to (fairly) describe me as a prude so while I won’t be telling them about this, I do smile whenever they say that these days… if only they knew🤪

A final piece of advice is the important of communication. This is critical to the success of any relationship working. You have to discuss boundaries and ensure that you both agree what you’re comfortable with. We’re looking to have kids soon and we have always been clear with each other that this is a private thing between us that isn’t shared with anyone else and won’t be something that our kids know about. That’s a non negotiable for me and likewise for my partner.

I know this is a long post but if it helps one or two people then it will be worth it. Coming out to a partner is difficult and scary but we’re both so much happier as a result and I’m over the moon that he trusted me enough to share such an important part of his life. I hope this might give more people the confidence to come out and be truthful to who they are.

All the best and please do contact me if I can help anyone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ItsTimmyTime, TigerDL, Otterpup and 8 others
Sounds like he's very fortunate to be your partner. I was very nervous when I told my wife but she was very accepting and everything went well.

Back