What tapes do you like better?

BobbiSueEllen said:
As you can already tell, nonwoven badly lacks the cohesive integrity of a woven scrim. But the 'clothlike diaper' makers don't care. They don't have to wear the diapers they produce.
Oh they care…… about their profits!

Reactions: Babytoodler5, PaddedPonyboy, CptKirk and 1 other person
I like the double adhesive tapes so you can retape them. The Velcro ones tend to be on the cotton back nappies but I prefer plastic backed

Reactions: Babytoodler5
Hook and loop agree with one of the previous poster above. Also, I prefer not to poop in my diaper so it makes pulling down my diaper, going and then pulling it back up, even when already wet, and tightening it back on easier.

Ty
Seabear said:
I like the double adhesive tapes so you can retape them. The Velcro ones tend to be on the cotton back nappies but I prefer plastic backed
Tykables has a large selection of plastic backed hook and loop diapees by the way! 🌈🌟

Reactions: Babytoodler5 and Seabear
Hook and loop a d also the one tape design diapers by ABU.

If Velcro didn’t get stuck on my clothes and come undone, I’d definitely say Velcro. It’s important for me and my carer to be able to readjust the tapes

ADHESIVE!

The Captain has spoken!

I prefer adhesive tapes with a generous landing zone.

I loved Tykables’ first implementation of the hook-and-loop design on their Overnights (the version before the waddle-cut)

But the Velcro tabs on other brands just don’t seem to work as well. So many instances of popped tabs.

So adhesive still gets my vote.

Last edited:
Velcro tapes are the best in my opinion. Lets me pull down to do #2s and continue the day, reaching capacity levels doing #1s😉

Last edited:
I like plastic-backed diapers with hook-and-loop fasteners. I like being able to remove my diaper temporarily, for the practical reason several other people have given, plus I'm incompetent at fastening tapes symmetrically the first time.

Reactions: Babytoodler5 and BobbiSueEllen
I like the hook and loops tabs the adhesive ones ruin the diaper for me especially if I don't get the tapes right the first time.

Reactions: Babytoodler5 and BobbiSueEllen
I prefer the hook and loop for myself but for my little I use adhesive.

Velcro 101%

I strongly prefer Velcro. It’s what real babies have had for a quarter century. Granted, I like cloth diapers, but I’m not completely retro.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I prefer the adhesive tapes. For me I think they stick better to the diaper.

Reactions: Babytoodler5 and Seabear
Back