What music is moving YOU today?

BobbiSueEllen said:
I'm resorting to Classic Rock standards, such as Elton John's "Step into Christmas", Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas"...and, of course, The Waitresses' "Christmas Rapping". And I desperately need my José Felíciano "Felíz Navidad" fix, just so I have a tangible excuse to belt out "WA-HAAAA!!!" 🤣🥳

It also just blew my mind to discover that Cheap Trick released a Christmas album??? I found the top of my skull several feet away in a cloud of purple dust. But I won't buy it, especially after how they treated drummer Bun E. Carlos. Nopenopenope.

One of these days, they'll release the long-awaited sequel to Top Gun... :unsure:
You may or may not be aware that they covered the Beatles Sgt. Pepper album live on the 40th anniversary. I have the DVD.

Saw (and danced to) Cheap Trick live a couple of times at a little strip mall bar just before they went nationwide. Yeah, they were terrific.

In the classic rock vein, I've been catching Jorma's Quarantine concerts. Every Saturday night (youtube, 7pm Central time) since March, Jorma Kaukonen has been doing live streaming shows from his Fur Peace Ranch. For you youngsters, Jorma was lead guitar for Jefferson Airplane back in the day. Most of the shows have been acoustic solo efforts featuring old-timey folk and blues tunes along with his original compositions like this favorite of mine: Genesis, originally from his Quah album from the early 70's.

Last night, he was joined by Jack Casady, JA bass player and Jorma's longtime partner in Hot Tuna for a smokin' electric show. One of the highlights for me was a cover of Bowlegged Woman, Knock Kneed Man.

Hard to believe 2 guys on the cusp of 80 can still rock like that. IMHO, they're as good as they ever were, minus all the glorious hair.

This is starting to turn into a TLDR, so I'll leave it here and maybe expand a little further in a blog entry later on.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy, BobbiSueEllen and CLPP
Flow - Sign. I'm a weeb and I like this song. 🤘

I don't know why but lately it's been metal lol

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Music by penelope scott has been whats moving me as of late
her songs; Born to Run, Mommy fwiend, and Sweet Hibiscus Tea are so good I highly recommend them <3
Also have been enjoying Zolita her songs; Black Magic, Truth Tea, and Fight like a girl

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
It also just blew my mind to discover that Cheap Trick released a Christmas album??? I found the top of my skull several feet away in a cloud of purple dust. But I won't buy it, especially after how they treated drummer Bun E. Carlos. Nopenopenope.
Does that album have the song "I want you for Christmas. I need you for Christmas. I'm begging you for Christmas? 😆

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: MaxxH and BobbiSueEllen
"Santa's all right, Rudolph's alright, they just seem a little weeeeird...Surreindeer, surreindeer; but don't give yourself a sleigh..." :ROFLMAO:

"Don't go on a sleigh-ride on a whim; 'Ho', she sai-ai-ai-ai-ai-ai-aid..." 🥳

Last edited:

Yellow man my gay teen years from the 80s

Screenshot_20210522-122458.png

You Will Be Found from the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack. Love this song at the moment ❤

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and chrischrischris
Back