What if Covid-19 made diapers more acceptable

boredofwheelchair

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I know this is very much a indulgent topic discussing a situation that would very likely never happen but with everything that's going on with the Coronavirus and Covid-19 especially when it comes to cleanliness and hygiene, I've been wondering how people would feel if more people started wearing diapers due to fears of using dirty bathrooms. I know this seems very counter intuitive in a way because diapers once used aren't particularly hygienic themselves especially if they also need to be changed in the same aforementioned bathrooms.

Yeah I know I'm IC (and I think I might be a DL too) who already wears 24/7 so it wouldn't make much difference (if any) and this is a indulgent question/topic that get asks on here occasionally.

I read this article with a flight attendant who crewed a recent flight from London to Kuala Lumpur and in the article she mentions "there's suspicion that some passengers were wearing adult nappies in a bid to avoid using the toilets. Which kind of prompted my aforementioned question.

I know in previous threads I have seen some have said that it wouldn't be such a turn on if diapers became more widely accepted and use, I can kind of get that and I kind of don't, I think it could be good in terms of the market for diapers.

I don't thank it would ever happen because of the way that societal norms have trained most of us that nappies are for babies or the sick/infirm not as a means of convenience plus most people would baulk at the additional costs

"What if Covid-19 made diapers more acceptable"

Doubtful.

Reactions: littledreamers333 and sbmccue
i think it would be an awesome change for the good, not as exciting to wear in case you get caught? heehee interesting thought tho?? Heehee

Reactions: Seabear and NooNoo
Somehow I doubt COVID-19 would have any impact there - at least not for that reason. If it does, it's more likely to be because of having to wait so long, just to be able to get essentials! What stores are still opened by me have very long lines waiting to get in - and they only allow half of what would normally be ok under fire code - also unlike normal, they are actually standing at the door counting numbers in and out! Some it takes hours before you are close enough to see the door (you also have to stay 6 feet away from the guy in front of you, and wear a face mask while inside). What food pantries are operating also have hours wait time due to serving all that normally use ones that have closed for now, plus those not working due to their job being considered "non-essential". Either way, no difference to me - I've been in diapers 24/7 my whole life anyway!
And years ago, I actually had heard of somewhere (forget where now) that wearing diapers was pretty normal while in public because of a high population, long waits, and lack of enough public restrooms.
So, who knows, maybe - but if so, not for that reason - either way - it will not have any effect at all on me!

i don't think it will a lot of people are on the edge with this virus, there are some trends that are positive. I heard that people are paying for other people's meals, leaving $200 tips, etc.

Not more accessible here.

I heard that in Japan some people prefer diapers over public restrooms (but not sure where exactly I heard that, was ages ago).

One of the things to consider is, your own bacterias/germs wont make you sick, but other ones can, this is one of the reasons I would never use a public restroom where I can't wash my hands - I am prone to wash my hands a little too often, the cause of that was that over a fairly long time I became aware of how few people actually are washing their hands after using the toilets (definetly less than 50%).

It's unfair and disgusting - what upsets me the most about those people as I live in a country where refusing a handshake is very impolite, that most who get mad that I refuse to shake the hands, are people that I know arent washing hands. The ones who wash their hands don't get upset if someone refuses - interesting isn't it?

This is just one example, but I hope when all this is over that people actually learned something and don't go completely back to "oh yay, I don't need to wash hands anymore".

One more: How many people do you think still cough into their hands instead of their elbow?

Hope this wasn't to rant-y.
Stay safe and healthy!

Kind regards,
Sabu

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. People should be encouraged to wear nappies of a kind of PPE. It’s a lot more hygienic than public toilets as a lot of the time you can wait till you get home to change or if you really need to change while out your still touching less surfaces than using the loo. Obviously this would only be recommended for a wee unless you know you can change soon!

I’m going back to work soon and as a electrician and are likely to be in customers houses so think wearing a nappy would be a great idea to save using there toilets and can always change in the van if need be. The only thing is it could be hard to hide the fact I am wearing as my job quite often involves bending down and I know my pants can sometimes ride up above my trousers at the back so nappy will do the same. If it became more excepted like masks that you wear in other people’s homes like you said it wouldn’t matter.

I also think nappies are convenient to wear at the moment if your out shopping. I wish I’d put one on the other day as really needed to go and most toilets shut. Made the mistake of having a drive thru McDs but of course the restaurants not open to use the loo.

It just needs someone to start promoting them and have adverts with young adults wearing them. I Can only hope!

I've heard a few people around here joke about getting some adult nappies to make trips to the pub, restaurant etc easier so you don't need to use their icky toilets. Hard to respond without sound too enthusiastic...would love to know what they'd think if they knew I HAD done exactly that before!!

Reactions: littledreamers333, ChocChip, nwm and 1 other person
I'm a delivery driver for a local RX, med supply CO, I will mack a 100 stops a day with bathrooms closed.
having one kidney and a blader half the normal size I wear depends rear-fit then change to tranquility slimline.
wen the boss notices the outline I just told her COVID19 has all the bathrooms closed. with my problem, I don't always mack it. She stor used
a few bags of depends with tabs under PPE.

I don't think that a deadly disease is the one thing that make people go
"Hey Adults that mess themselves for fun in diapers are actually cool guys"

covid diapers cropped.jpg

Reactions: skunk053, ThePaddedTurtle, Bellybag58 and 4 others
Frankly I would love it if wearing diapers became more mainstream. I wouldn't feel so isolated and alone then, and I wouldn't be embarrassed to talk about it with people as the need arose. Sadly I don't think Covid will be the disease that does it. Maybe something that impacted the bladder or digestive tract would though, although I hope this will be the last pandemic I ever see!

Reactions: Seabear
Don't really see a lot of links between those 2 things. We might think of diapers as a potential sollution for certain issues, because we are comfortable with wearing them. For most people out there wearing diapers is a pretty scary and offputting thought. And something that they will only consider as an absolute last resort thing.

That being said, I don't feel like I necessarily want diaper wearing to become more mainstream. Would be kind of funny maybe, but I don't know, sometimes a little underground edge can make something more exciting ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GermanDL
JustAGuy said:
Don't really see a lot of links between those 2 things. We might think of diapers as a potential sollution for certain issues, because we are comfortable with wearing them. For most people out there wearing diapers is a pretty scary and offputting thought. And something that they will only consider as an absolute last resort thing.

That being said, I don't feel like I necessarily want diaper wearing to become more mainstream. Would be kind of funny maybe, but I don't know, sometimes a little underground edge can make something more exciting ;)
not to mention that using the toilet is a pretty quick and clean thing, while changing and cleaning after a mess in a diaper is not.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and JustAGuy
Also the problem would be diapers prices will go up.

Lestat said:
Also the problem would be diapers prices will go up.

I'd actually expect prices to go down. As long as supply can keep up, a large demand spreads out the market, allowing a lot of new providers to enter the scene. Prices go down due to competition. And increasing the scale will also lower manufacturing costs. More volume means more manufacturing capacity, and in our case that means more of those million-dollar machines that make ABDL diapers.

Right now there's probably only (or fewer than?) a dozen ABDL manufacturing machines on the planet, and the different companies are bidding against each other for time on those machines. There's a reason so many different diapers look the same, it's because they are the same base model, made on the same machine, with only minor changes. (often with only a change in the print on the shell) Changing Times' Bear Hugs, Tykables Galactic/Unicorn/Waddler/Puppers/maybe even Cammies, ABU DinorawrZ, and Rearz Barnyard, those are all the same diaper with a different shell print. Those sellers are all fighting for time on that machine. This raises the cost to us.

Reactions: Sheepies
bambinod said:
I'd actually expect prices to go down. As long as supply can keep up, a large demand spreads out the market, allowing a lot of new providers to enter the scene. Prices go down due to competition. And increasing the scale will also lower manufacturing costs. More volume means more manufacturing capacity, and in our case that means more of those million-dollar machines that make ABDL diapers.

Right now there's probably only (or fewer than?) a dozen ABDL manufacturing machines on the planet, and the different companies are bidding against each other for time on those machines. There's a reason so many different diapers look the same, it's because they are the same base model, made on the same machine, with only minor changes. (often with only a change in the print on the shell) Changing Times' Bear Hugs, Tykables Galactic/Unicorn/Waddler/Puppers/maybe even Cammies, ABU DinorawrZ, and Rearz Barnyard, those are all the same diaper with a different shell print. Those sellers are all fighting for time on that machine. This raises the cost to us.
The problem right now is product manufacturing location tend to be China for a lot of ABDL manufacturing. We can see this with some companies like Totolydry or bambinodiapers where we see out of stock when Travel was banned and we had a mandatory lockdown.

GermanDL said:
not to mention that using the toilet is a pretty quick and clean thing, while changing and cleaning after a mess in a diaper is not.
Well, I don’t expect people would use them for that purpose while out and about, unless they had absolutely no choice. If it’s just wet, the cleanup and mess is minimal.

Reactions: Kymi and Seabear
Back